Redpanda18

Redpanda18

May 26, 2020
work is hard, family is hard, relationships are hard, daily life is hard. I'm doing everything "right". Job, house, fiancé, I'm a dutiful daughter and granddaughter.

It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. I really feel like I'll always feel this way no matter the amount of therapy or medication I try. What do I do now? I can't imagine seeing 2022, but here we're are. I feel lost and so fucking alone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Emmie, gottago222, nopointofliving and 7 others
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
What do you mean by doing everything right? Have you asked yourself if you're living your life or just living the expectations of others?

Reactions: gottago222 and PeacefulTonic
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
What do you mean by doing everything right? Have you asked yourself if you're living your life or just living the expectations of others?
Nah, I get what Redpanda is saying. Its like we're missing the piece of our brain thats supposed to reward us for trying, for putting effort into things. Its not a matter of framing things differently or changing your mindset. Its more primal than that.

Reactions: gottago222 and sadeyesWA
D

deathismymeaning

did not consent to being alive
Nov 19, 2021
i think there are just so many things that are out of our control and you may be doing everything right that you have power over but something's are just out of our hands, but again it makes so much sense because it is frustrating and it makes me question things as well like why does doing anything matter if nothing seems to change and that's when reading philosophy and exploring nihilism, absurdism and existentialism can be helpful for some.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It can be a dreadful feeling when everything is hopeless, I understand. I did not want to make it to this year. Nothing really matters at all, life is just meaningless suffering. Eventually we will all die and be forgotten. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.