N

neverseenhere

Jul 10, 2020
I have never come across a person that actually stuck by my side. I have gone through a lot, people always judged my past. I am from an abusive family. My dad used to abuse me. In all ways. My mother too. They have always compared me to other children. My self-esteem went down in years. It has been hard. I have strived to kill myself. Multiple times.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pryras, disabledandhopeless, Isittimetogonola and 2 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I'm so sorry both of the people that were supposed to protect you above all else abused you. Did you have any aunts or uncles or even family friends or your own friends come to your rescue at any time?

I can't say my parents were 100% abusive. There were some good times I remember when I was very, very little. But they weren't the best parents. Both have mental illness and I try to tell myself they tried their best... but even now, they're fairly absent, self absorbed, or try to lift themselves up through degrading me. My dad pretty much does his own thing and ignores me until it's convenient for him while I'm basically the mother to my own mother.

Please know you didn't deserve it. Nobody does. Some people were never meant to be parents. ♡

• Aww..
Reactions: neverseenhere and Isittimetogonola
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I feel like getting too close to someone ensures they are going to leave. My current friends are great - we hang out, drink together, talk and play games. Everything is casual and fun. I've found that if I try to have any further level of openness or closeness with anyone than just casually being around them it's doomed to fail. Basically, if I keep my problems neatly packaged inside me it will all be fine.

• Hugs
Reactions: neverseenhere, disabledandhopeless, Isittimetogonola and 2 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Not me. I lay it all out. If they stay, awesome. If they leave... well obviously they couldn't handle my experiences. I think it's good to know sooner than later. Also, then I know if I can trust them or not. I've found if you open up to dark places they will too. Sadly, not always, but most. But I absolutely relate to everyone leaving or the fear of everyone leaving. ♡

• Hugs
Reactions: neverseenhere
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I feel like getting too close to someone ensures they are going to leave. My current friends are great - we hang out, drink together, talk and play games. Everything is casual and fun. I've found that if I try to have any further level of openness or closeness with anyone than just casually being around them it's doomed to fail. Basically, if I keep my problems neatly packaged inside me it will all be fine.
Yeah, I had such similar experiences too. It's basically ironic how people expect you to open up and be closer to them, yet at the same time if you do too much they just distance themselves. It simply doesn't make much logical sense.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: neverseenhere, disabledandhopeless, Isittimetogonola and 1 other person
N

neverseenhere

Jul 10, 2020
my siblings are the same as my parents, actually. I went through everything, mostly alone
trust me, if they truly care about you, they will stick by your side. through thick and thin<3

T

thereandgone

Trying to close my loop
May 7, 2020
That's funny how you're not above being compared to other kids, but parents are above being compared to other parents...

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Lorntroubles