W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
1st off I had no idea where put this so I hopefully am correct in placing this here.

This is the 1st time in a very long time of me putting a thread up, but I really wanted to clarify some aspect about me and hopefully SS.

1) I recently had a global family member call me out wondering if I knew that this site is called SS and that I had too much "toxic positivity". I think @noname223 really said it so eloquently, that toxic positivity and not being such is a fine line, so thoughtfully said.

2) I, at the age of 67, could write forever here about the hell that I have been through. Till my growth spurt at around 13 years of age, olde brother, younger sister, who he never touched, my "dad" used me a punching bag, and after my growth spurt I floored him once and he never touched me again.

At 18, being dropped off in our local town, grew up on a working farm, with a bag of clothes, an extra pair of shoes and no money. Working till 18 on a farm, I was never paid anything, so of course no money. This was a very small town with no shelters nothing, and instant homeless and had to find food right away, much less a roof over my head. This was back in 1974.

I could go on about the grim details from 1974 till I found my ex-wife gambling away over $25,000 in a flash, in 2015, but why, let's make this site a comforting place, no matter what the outcome for the individual may be, that is 100% their choice.

I fully understand that so many others have had horrible experiences and that is why I so LOVE, it is therapy for me, to try and bring a smile to someone and make them not only feel loved but part of something greater, like a global family.

If someone finds what I write not to their liking that is what makes SS so strong. Like I always say "it takes millions of minds to make a whole" could be person, website, whatever.

All I ask, is if one completely does not like what I write, please hit the ignore button and we are all good.

Again, making folks feel better is a HUGE therpy for me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: real human being, rationaltake, ViniTerrible and 20 others
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
i think this site benefits from having you around :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
i think this site benefits from having you around :)
Thank you so much, made me cry, as I am having a REALLY bad chronic pain day.

You are such a kind and loving soul, thank you.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
If @whywere can get flamed then truly no one is safe. Can't please everyone I guess. Keep being you, Walter. :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
If @whywere can get flamed then truly no one is safe. Can't please everyone I guess. Keep being you, Walter. :)
Thank you so much! you made cry like @saddestbunny did. No pity parties. but today is a REALLY bad chronic pain day and knowing that I have what I call family members here like YOU! makes the pain seem so irrelevant.

Thank you again so very much, as you are a loving, caring and ever so intelligently thoughtful soul.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, enough of this, CTB Dream and 3 others
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
Again, making folks feel better is a HUGE therpy for me.
I could use some of that toxic positivity if you're ever feeling like sending some my way. Life is rough. I appreciate the kind souls like you that make the world just a little bit softer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, whywere, CTB Dream and 1 other person
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
You're such a sweet man Walter:heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, whywere, Zegers and 1 other person
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
You always have kind words to offer, and that's awesome. The world could certainly use more kindness. One can be kind to someone else while at the same time acknowledging their suffering, or the fact that this world can be quite ruthless and nasty at times. Some people don't seem to understand that, and go into attack mode when they see someone offering a perspective that isn't drenched in misery. Was reading another thread just now, where someone shares their positive experience with doing some exercise, only to be attacked by another user because exercise "doesn't work."

(As a side note, I find it somewhat aggravating when people start spouting pop psychology crap as if it meant anything. Labelling anything vaguely positive as "toxic positivity" is a big offender around these parts.)

Let's not dwell on this nonsense, though. Personally, I think you're an excellent guy, and your insight and kind words are greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this. So don't let them bring you down, my friend. Keep being yourself :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, katagiri83, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
In the posts we have interacted, you don't seem to me to have that "toxic positivity" you are just kind.

May we find wellness

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, whywere and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Vry sry hpn yea know human alws fight etc all samy, me keep say human spcl keep say keep say now wat get get injury damage. Vry sry see ppl tell thing this no need, vry know ppl no undrstnd unfortunate ppl mayb have prblm no emotn no empath etc many type here same outer.

me vry undrstd way type ok kind, prblm ppl alws simil no posbl make 100% like, vry sry if 1 say awfl know this 1000 say ok nice, hope feel ok cont talk same, many ppl love see post, this here forim ppl txt but not mean no emot, yea ppl love see post, hope feel ok vry sry life make awfl vry sry human species make same atk etc , know how feel human betray atk do awfl. No worry talk same alws wlcm

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, katagiri83, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
Yeah man there's a difference between toxic positivity and just being positive. We haven't met but you always have really respectful comments and you always seem like such a shining light, you brighten up any thread that you take part in. I look forward to seeing your comments again in future threads.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Praestat_Mori and whywere
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think you're a genuinely caring person and genuinely caring people want the best for others. I guess sometimes, we're simply not in a place to be able to look at anything possitively. Still- I think it's important to figure out the intention behind someone's post. Yours definitely come across as someone who cares- not just someone who is just spewing out platitudes for the sake of it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I could use some of that toxic positivity if you're ever feeling like sending some my way. Life is rough. I appreciate the kind souls like you that make the world just a little bit softer.
You are such a wonderful person, who I have had the honor of me and then you sending thoughtful messages to each other, makes me feel great knowing I have a ne family member, thank you so very much!

You are a lovely spirit,

Walter
You're such a sweet man Walter:heart:
I always love talking with you. you are a intelligent person with a heart of gold, so nice having you as part of my family. Having no one but all the souls here makes my life bearable.

Thank you so much.

Walter
You always have kind words to offer, and that's awesome. The world could certainly use more kindness. One can be kind to someone else while at the same time acknowledging their suffering, or the fact that this world can be quite ruthless and nasty at times. Some people don't seem to understand that, and go into attack mode when they see someone offering a perspective that isn't drenched in misery. Was reading another thread just now, where someone shares their positive experience with doing some exercise, only to be attacked by another user because exercise "doesn't work."

(As a side note, I find it somewhat aggravating when people start spouting pop psychology crap as if it meant anything. Labelling anything vaguely positive as "toxic positivity" is a big offender around these parts.)

Let's not dwell on this nonsense, though. Personally, I think you're an excellent guy, and your insight and kind words are greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this. So don't let them bring you down, my friend. Keep being yourself :)
You are also an excellent guy, reading your last statements on your post, really made me cry, as I try to help and befriend others and to have someone of your caliber recognize me makes SS more than a family to/for me.

Lots of hugs to you, my good friend.

Walter
In the posts we have interacted, you don't seem to me to have that "toxic positivity" you are just kind.

May we find wellness
Yes, as far as I know, we have not interacted yet, but you are also a kind and caring person.

Darn, I cannot get through these posts to me, as I have used up most of my tissues crying with happiness.

Thank you for being a friend to/for me.

Walter
Vry sry hpn yea know human alws fight etc all samy, me keep say human spcl keep say keep say now wat get get injury damage. Vry sry see ppl tell thing this no need, vry know ppl no undrstnd unfortunate ppl mayb have prblm no emotn no empath etc many type here same outer.

me vry undrstd way type ok kind, prblm ppl alws simil no posbl make 100% like, vry sry if 1 say awfl know this 1000 say ok nice, hope feel ok cont talk same, many ppl love see post, this here forim ppl txt but not mean no emot, yea ppl love see post, hope feel ok vry sry life make awfl vry sry human species make same atk etc , know how feel human betray atk do awfl. No worry talk same alws wlcm
You are truly a sweet soul, as I love the aspect that I can help you and you help me back. That is what makes a family to/for me and hopefully you also.

Having you on SS is a ray of sunshine for me.

We are in this together always and I want you to know that I care about you deeply, I never ever B.S..

What one reads about me is 100% me, no bull crap ever, that is what makes SS so special, true blue friends, like you!

Walter
Yeah man there's a difference between toxic positivity and just being positive. We haven't met but you always have really respectful comments and you always seem like such a shining light, you brighten up any thread that you take part in. I look forward to seeing your comments again in future threads.
I agree that we have not had the opportunity to say howdy yet, so HOWDY! my good friend. I try, like so many others, to help, just like you do, and that is what makes SS so wonderful.

Thank you for being you, hugs,

Walter
I think you're a genuinely caring person and genuinely caring people want the best for others. I guess sometimes, we're simply not in a place to be able to look at anything possitively. Still- I think it's important to figure out the intention behind someone's post. Yours definitely come across as someone who cares- not just someone who is just spewing out platitudes for the sake of it.
I try very hard to help as I am 100% sincere in my words, actions and thoughts. I never just say something, I always think, sometimes for a very long time about a response, as I love trying to help folks and make them feel better.

Thank you for caring and kind post,

Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TransilvanianHunger, alonely and Praestat_Mori
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's a sad state of affairs when we're not allowed to be kind or lighthearted in any way, and there are indeed a handful of members who basically prohibit this as part of their own wallowing. I relate somewhat - whereas someone might find you a bit overly positive, I sometimes get told I shouldn't make a joke or what have you.

You're a good man Walter and anyone taking issue with you needs their head examined. It's possible some might find your posts "too sweet" - as in they may come off as disingenous to some, but there's nothing wrong with offering compassion and warmth. It just may be that they're not in the right headspace to hear it, or understand that it's how you cope. If we're doing badly, sometimes all we want is to hear more of the same and commiserate. Wishing you as much of a pain-free time as possible.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, whywere and Praestat_Mori
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
It's a sad state of affairs when we're not allowed to be kind or lighthearted in any way, and there are indeed a handful of members who basically prohibit this as part of their own wallowing. I relate somewhat - whereas someone might find you a bit overly positive, I sometimes get told I shouldn't make a joke or what have you.

You're a good man Walter and anyone taking issue with you needs their head examined. It's possible some might find your posts "too sweet" - as in they may come off as disingenous to some, but there's nothing wrong with offering compassion and warmth. It just may be that they're not in the right headspace to hear it, or understand that it's how you cope. If we're doing badly, sometimes all we want is to hear more of the same and commiserate. Wishing you as much of a pain-free time as possible.
Thank you so much for the uplifting message.

When I write something on here it is always from my heart and I never ever have or will say something that I do not mean 100% and I never ever am fake in my actions or thoughts and want to help folks and maybe, just maybe give them a moment away from their troubles, heartache, etc.

Again, thank you for your kind message,

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Angst Filled Fuck Up