SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
A lot of people here agree that suicide is a right, but I've noticed the list of unnecessary restrictions keeps growing bigger and bigger. The truth is everyone has a right to a peaceful death, even healthy and young people, and if that means everyone chooses to ctb then so be it. No one should be obligated to live because it might mean others choose not to live either. Even if you think some people don't have the right to a peaceful ctb, it just means they will use a brutal method instead or suffer continuously so it doesn't change anything anyway. It makes no sense to give someone the right to be mean to others but not to ctb because it will hurt others. I think a lot of people think if ctb is easily accessible then everyone will do it impulsively even if they don't truly want to, I think this is a poor argument because the survival instinct is so preventative. The ratio of suffering to happiness in this world is so poor anyway that it seems unnecessary to keep anyone alive against their will.

• Love
Reactions: User00, jolongone, Recklesslyabandoned and 19 others
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
Hate that it works this way. If they don't want anyone to make impulsive decisions, just make it a requirement to apply for euthanasia a year in advance.

Reactions: Yavannah, JustSomeoneOnline, SenseOfLoss and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
these lives are extremely poor quality it be better to never exist at all, everyone should be able to request to be euthanized and given 6 months waiting time to change thier mind if they still want to be euthanized after the 6 month period then let them leave

everyone that wants to be free will be

• Love
Reactions: User00, jolongone, SorrowMind and 10 others
L

Lovelorn

Mar 9, 2023
Hate that it works this way. If they don't want anyone to make impulsive decisions, just make it a requirement to apply for euthanasia a year in advance.
Which is sad as people end up channeling that impulse into accidentally maiming themselves and making things even more unbearable. I feel like if people were - like you said - given an advance on a date, they'd have a lot more time to reflect and really think about their decision. Best thing we have is SN, I guess, as it gives you 48 hours of preparation and hard thinking. But they've been trying to plug that tap too.

Reactions: User00, Rogue Proxy, JustSomeoneOnline and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think that it's so wrong how people refuse to accept the right to die. The reality is that suicide is simply a human right and no matter what, nobody is obligated to exist, it disgusts me how people want to force others to stay here against their wishes. It's simply nothing to do with them if others want to die, it's not their place to judge others and interfere with their decisions. I think the fact that some people wish to gatekeep suicide just shows how arrogant humans really are. Even this place is not free from that type of thing, where people are confident in their own decision to ctb and see their feelings as being perfectly valid yet they dismiss others as being "irrational, too young", when in fact they cannot experience life the same way as that person, so they should have no say in it. It's one of the things I hate about people, how they glorify life and force that perspective on others, expecting them to feel the same way.

Everyone certainly has the right to die and the way that I see it, it's like people forget that we are all just destined to die anyway, suicide is just choosing not to delay our inevitable fate and is taking control over when we die. There could never be anything wrong with something as normal as death. But the common attitudes towards suicide just increases my disgust towards this hellish world.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Shadowlord900, JustSomeoneOnline and 3 others
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah it is kinda stupid. Why is someone so interested in people suffering than no existing? What is their business in your decision? You aren't taking anything from someone. Contrary they make suicide a very complicated and very dangerous option regarding to consequences of failed attempt. I mean maybe there should be some checks and balances in place too like waiting list of few months or something but definitely governments should offer bottled N which is 100% pure and reliable or any other substance or method which is as peaceful as it gets. Other people aren't even your mother to begin with.

Reactions: mongoose23, Shadowlord900, JustSomeoneOnline and 2 others
Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
It's a grey area. There are many people who failed at attempting suicide who are happy that they failed. I don't think everyone who has a suicidal thought actually wants to do. Sometimes a situation passes and they continue living a happy life they enjoy.

Not all, once again, it's grey, it's not a black and white thing and going to absolutism is just incorrect.

Reactions: Shadowlord900
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
People who brought lives into this world don't want to admit their mistakes. They censor all thoughts about suicide and pretend life is good and correct.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, JustSomeoneOnline, Octavia and 1 other person
O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
100%. i especially dont like when ppl deny the right to die to anyone who is 'irrational' or intellectually disabled. i may be biased as a mentally ill person with psychosis and possible mild brain damage, who believes 'rationality' is a myth anyway, but i think i have as much a right to die as anyone else. i think everyone has that right.

Reactions: yive, Rogue Proxy, Yavannah and 2 others
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Even impulsive decisions are ok. It is my business only if I chose to impulsively ctb. Will I regret it? Most likely no, because I won't exist. So if I have the right to do anything impulsive in my life, I should have the right to ctb, even impulsively, coz it's my life not anyone else's. If I want to smash my phone in anger, should it would be an impulse, but it is my phone not anyone else's - the difference is I exist and I will regret it, and with ctb I will not.

Reactions: JustSomeoneOnline
JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023
I 100% agree with you. I hate how the people who save you or stop you from ctb-ing think that in a couple years we'll go and thank them for saving our lives. They think suicidal people are just going through that "phase" were they want to die and that it'll pass over soon. Its really sad when you think about it because we'll end up suffering either way. Just imagine if we had access to a nice painless death, it would spare so many people from the pain and the anxiety that they don't succeed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Nemy
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
100%. i especially dont like when ppl deny the right to die to anyone who is 'irrational' or intellectually disabled. i may be biased as a mentally ill person with psychosis and possible mild brain damage, who believes 'rationality' is a myth anyway, but i think i have as much a right to die as anyone else. i think everyone has that right.
I'm of the opinion that as long as the person asking for euthanasia is aware of what is going on, what they're asking for and why they're asking for it, they deserve it regardless of what diagnosed labels they have been given (both mentally and physically related).

• Love
Reactions: SenseOfLoss and JustSomeoneOnline
JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023
I'm of the opinion that as long as the person asking for euthanasia is aware of what is going on, what they're asking for and why they're asking for it, they deserve it regardless of what diagnosed labels they have been given (both mentally and physically related).
I agree with this idea; that people should have the option to leave despite any labels they may have. I honestly could not have worded it better.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowlord900
O

OutOfTheVoid

she/her
Feb 10, 2023
i didnt mention euthanasia in my reply, i was only speaking on the right of a person to take their own life. i didnt see any mention of euthanasia in the OP either. maybe i misunderstood what "right to die" implies.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
i didnt mention euthanasia in my reply, i was only speaking on the right of a person to take their own life. i didnt see any mention of euthanasia in the OP either. maybe i misunderstood what "right to die" implies.
Sorry my bad, I was using the word euthanasia incorrectly. That involves helping someone else to pass away, not someone doing the deed themselves. X___x (I had brain fart.)

Reactions: OutOfTheVoid
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
There is definitely an agenda behind it. For example somehow you get into an accident and have your limbs removed by law if you don't live in Switzerland they can't euthanize you so you need to suffer another 10-20-40-50-60? years. Bullshit

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
worstOFsociety

worstOFsociety

Jan 25, 2023
In the end of the day ones decision to end ones existence or not should only be ones own decision. It's part of having free will and doing what we want with our own lives and bodies. Like how do people have the audacity to force others to live when they have no clue about how they're feeling when they would most likely also be wanting to end it if they were in the other person shoes. How do people have the audacity to force us to continue this needless suffering that we could just end if they didn't keep on making it harder and harder for us. Cuz this suffering is truly needless and endless. Like instead of forcing us to continue living this life in misery they could just help us out by giving us a reliant way to end our existence if we so please. Like if you're living a happy life then good for you but don't force others to live simply cuz you're happy and you think life is worth living. Cuz life isnt worth living for alot of people. Bunch of selfish assholes i swear.

Reactions: bigdog
situationalsui

situationalsui

Mar 1, 2023
Suicide was a right in Ancient Rome.

• Informative
Reactions: yive, Rogue Proxy and Shadowlord900
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
Yeah, not allowing the right to die is not allowing people to rest peacefully. Condemning most of them to leave this world alone and in fear. It is awful.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
Yep, we should be allowed to die whenever we want and it should be easy and we should be able to go to the hospital to get a lethal injection and leave. I dislike it how suicide is seen as a bad thing and they want me to stay here and some of my problem can't be fixed.

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
Suicide was a right in Ancient Rome.
"At one time in Rome there was something like a cult of suicide death; what is most clearly expressed in the writings of Seneca, who in his work "On providence", writing about the death of Cato, considers it one of the few spectacles on earth truly worthy of Jupiter's attention."
SaSu is so old?;)

Reactions: Homo erectus