• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

everythingblack

everythingblack

Apr 20, 2022
Title is pretty self-explanatory. I think it's probably one of the worst feelings ever. Some people may argue that they would love to at least feel needed in some capacity, but I'd argue the exact opposite.

At least in complete solitude you still have your humanity, albeit a lonely existence.
When people only reach out when they need something from you, despite you CLEARLY struggling, you feel sub-human. Objectified. Like a garbage disposal, or an ATM machine. God forbid you decline, or can't meet the standards or needs, you are quickly disposed of and ignored once more until a new need arises that hey, maybe you can meet this time.

It's even worse than being completely isolated. That feeling alone makes something primal in me me want to scream at the top of my lungs and slit my wrists. But in reality I'm numb, sullen faced and keep going with the motions. Am I pathetic?

• Hugs
Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans, Iris Blue and Dingusguy
Topacio

Topacio

Aug 14, 2022
I hate that feeling of Am I so replaceable? I hate it, I hate it with all my soul.

The worst part is that no matter how many times they do the same thing to me, I always fall again.

• Aww..
Reactions: AndroidAmongHumans and everythingblack
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
No you're not pathetic, no one likes the feeling of being used and no one should like that feeling, everyone is a living person who deserves respect, care and love. And it fucking blows when people use you for a temporary gain or distraction only to then discard you or toss you aside for potential future use.

• Hugs
Reactions: everythingblack
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
You are not pathetic at all. I've also been where you have and it definitely makes you feel like shit. I also feel like most of the time in the past and mostly now it was always me trying to reach out to people to hang out or talk with. It always felt like I'd be willing to give the world for them and to them when all they'll do is consider me as a thought that passes by in their head once in a while. I would always try to tell myself I'm better off without them but the second they talk to me I'm starting the pain all over again. It makes me feel like I'm desperate and alone. I'm sorry you are feeling this way and I'm not quite sure how to fix the way you're feeling, hell I don't even know how to fix it for myself, but I just hope you know you are not alone in this and you are especially not pathetic for feeling the way you do.

• Hugs
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Man, I'd give almost anything for someone to still need me. I lost being needed when all my family died. Now I'm not needed at all. I don't care what anyone else says, it's good to be needed.

I know what you're saying OP. I get it. I used to have friends a long time ago that only reached out when they needed something from me. No doubt, that's a shit way for them to be. I guess they don't understand what true friendship is. But, all in all, cutting ties and depriving yourself of being needed isn't the way, either. I think being needed is so important for one's psyche. For giving one a sense of worth. Without it, you can't thrive. You're overall well-being is dependent on it for harmony of self. That's my take anyway. Everyone's different.

everythingblack

everythingblack

Apr 20, 2022
No you're not pathetic, no one likes the feeling of being used and no one should like that feeling, everyone is a living person who deserves respect, care and love. And it fucking blows when people use you for a temporary gain or distraction only to then discard you or toss you aside for potential future use.
yeah it really does, thank you
You are not pathetic at all. I've also been where you have and it definitely makes you feel like shit. I also feel like most of the time in the past and mostly now it was always me trying to reach out to people to hang out or talk with. It always felt like I'd be willing to give the world for them and to them when all they'll do is consider me as a thought that passes by in their head once in a while. I would always try to tell myself I'm better off without them but the second they talk to me I'm starting the pain all over again. It makes me feel like I'm desperate and alone. I'm sorry you are feeling this way and I'm not quite sure how to fix the way you're feeling, hell I don't even know how to fix it for myself, but I just hope you know you are not alone in this and you are especially not pathetic for feeling the way you do.
thank you. I'm sorry you're experiencing similar
Man, I'd give almost anything for someone to still need me. I lost being needed when all my family died. Now I'm not needed at all. I don't care what anyone else says, it's good to be needed.

I know what you're saying OP. I get it. I used to have friends a long time ago that only reached out when they needed something from me. No doubt, that's a shit way for them to be. I guess they don't understand what true friendship is. But, all in all, cutting ties and depriving yourself of being needed isn't the way, either. I think being needed is so important for one's psyche. For giving one a sense of worth. Without it, you can't thrive. You're overall well-being is dependent on it for harmony of self. That's my take anyway. Everyone's different.
I guess I see this perspective and where you're coming from. After putting some thought into this and what you said, I should specify that the shitty part to me isn't the being "needed" part, it's feeling used. It's not the same type of feeling needed as, for example, you might feel if a younger sibling relies on you after your parents die. It's just being used for menial, small tasks that ultimately have no larger meaning, almost like an errand person. And for my preference, in a perfect world, I'd rather be alone than surrounded by toxic people. But right now I kind of need to be around them in order to survive. Either way as humans, we're social creatures, we need community to thrive, so you do have a point. I'm sorry about your family

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingusguy