N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Some seconds ago there was a loading error for me on this website. Every time this happens I get really scared and think: is it now time this website gets closed forever? I could not breathe for a second. Lol. I mean this could happen any time I think.
Who can relate to this? Am I the only one? I kind of need this website and don't want to lose it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Incognito?, Myl, binturong and 6 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
You're not the only one, SS is a safe haven for me too, there's nowhere else online or irl where I relate so consistently to so many people and feel (relatively) free to tell it how it is.

Reactions: Incognito?, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Foresight and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Yeah. I get a bit of a stab to the gut when that happens too.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
J

JoeyJoey

Feb 2, 2022
You're not the only one, SS is a safe haven for me too, there's nowhere else online or irl where I relate so consistently to so many people and feel (relatively) free to tell it how it is.
I only found this site after seeing the BBC news report yesterday and then started searching for sites. I am glad i found it.
This site will not encourage me to do anything bad, it is here so I can talk and make my own decisions. It will not influence me. Which is why I am content with it.
I do not want to go on a site where all you see is encouragement to end my life

completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Same. The slow loading is happening a little more often than not. Freaks me out

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I only found this site after seeing the BBC news report yesterday and then started searching for sites. I am glad i found it.
This site will not encourage me to do anything bad, it is here so I can talk and make my own decisions. It will not influence me. Which is why I am content with it.
I do not want to go on a site where all you see is encouragement to end my life
BBC news report? Was that in the UK then?

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Oh my, I watched until that Jeremy guy came on. Knee jerk response is all we gonna get, thanks 'impartial' 'investigative' BBC

Reactions: Smart No More
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Some seconds ago there was a loading error for me on this website. Every time this happens I get really scared and think: is it now time this website gets closed forever? I could not breathe for a second. Lol. I mean this could happen any time I think.
Who can relate to this? Am I the only one? I kind of need this website and don't want to lose it.
You are definitely not the only one who feels this way. My anxiety goes crazy when there is s glitch getting on. This is the only place I feel free to say how I feel.

LeapOfFaith

LeapOfFaith

Jul 16, 2020
This is the only place where I feel home currently. So I would be devastated if this site got closed down. I hope we have some sort of back up plan if that were to happen

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I am also afraid that this site will be closed, it has already been censored in my country (Italy) and to enter it I have to use a vpn.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, demuic and WrongPlaceWrongTime
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
BBC News - The families fighting to shut down suicide websites
Its such lazy messy journalism. Nobody is being convinced to kill their selves here. Sure, resources are shared but aside from that there is a lot of support on this forum. It's all support really. Just unbiased support. But I'm just repeating what we all know already. Think I'm venting more than anything.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Foresight and demuic
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Is there any chance this site does get shut down? A lot of people die with this site up on their devices. I don't have any grasp on how the site is actually protected or in danger by law. SS has helped me through 3 bad periods in the past 5 years. I worry too.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and ColorlessTrees
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
Is there any chance this site does get shut down? A lot of people die with this site up on their devices. I don't have any grasp on how the site is actually protected or in danger by law. SS has helped me through 3 bad periods in the past 5 years. I worry too.

Multiple entities are trying to shut down this forum, and few countries are already blocking it. The site is protected by freedom of speech laws, and the fact that no one owns Internet. Being relatively low profile is also important. Laws don't matter much if you step on toes of someone powerful.

Reactions: Foresight