ExtraordinaryDefeat_

ExtraordinaryDefeat_

Apr 3, 2021
And they are not able to find peace, something prevents this from happening. They want to be happy and lively, but they are prohibited from that by their own brain, an organ which is doing the exact opposite of it's function. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people live in a survival mode where they barely arise any flame from their broken and infested heart. They're expected to work from 9 to 5, pay taxes regularly, have a balanced diet, work out, pay their student loans because of the shitty disgusting system, blend in with the society mass of unconscious people and pretend everything's okay.

And today, standing here, I realize I'm one of those people. Are you sick of this as well? Are you afraid of living? Are you paranoid about making a single mistake that can ruin your entire day? I am too and I am sorry you are being tormented even though you don't deserve it. To live is to suffer to survive is to find some me

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, apple2myeye!, NumbItAll and 2 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I think the overall attempt to create a system that allows us to thrive was originally a good and honourable idea but we've lost sight of the fact that it failed.

It was initially built on the collective ideals that we should all have an equal opportunity in life and have a system that allows for it. As I say, it's failed and worst of all you can't opt out and return to our natural way. That is to live off the land and claim a small piece of land on which to build and survive.

Instead we're locked into a system that has been monopolised and inadvertently does the exact opposite of which its intended to do. Alongside that the collective goals have changed. Public consciousness is much less honourable and altruistic than it eas in the post war dream era. We've become hugely self obsessed and self entitled. We believe we're more civilised than we actually are and have lost site of where we came from.

It's pretty sad. I think the human race is exhibiting it's most ugly side and it's being fed like an ever growing monster. I've witnessed this from childhood and saw the logical conclusion. It's been infuriating to see people embrace the worst side of human instinct. Makes me appear bitter I think.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, Journeytoletgo and ExtraordinaryDefeat_
S

Spyro24

Jun 24, 2022
This hit me way too hard. I'm one of those people that just stays at home the majority of the time because I'm terrified of making mistakes. I used to get bullied a lot in high school including getting laughed at constantly when making a mistake in class. I'm 22 and I still rely on family to hold my hand for a lot of things that involve me interacting with other people.

How the brain works is very interesting. Traumatic events can rewire the brain completely and change your own identity. If people tell you that you're worthless all the time, you'll eventually start to believe it even though no one is actually worthless. I haven't found a way to reverse it and bring my old social self back, which is why I'm here. I feel like that old me might be gone for good and I'm destined to forever be like this. It's mind blowing how your own brain can basically torture you.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, Journeytoletgo and ExtraordinaryDefeat_
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me peace does not even exist in this life, it only exists in eternal nothingness. I do believe that living is torture. Humans are forced to exist and they suffer so much all for the sake of it and all for no reason. I believe that life should not be a thing in the first place, it is completely unnecessary. I could never want to live no matter what and to me the only positive thing about it all, is that this life will end someday. Life is so cruel and unfair and there are so many people trapped in miserable existences. It is so depressing to think about and everyday it hurts me being alive.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and ExtraordinaryDefeat_