Distorted

Distorted

living dead youth
Sep 8, 2021
whenever i do anything in public, i feel humiliated. like i am doing something wrong just by existing. simple things like walking around town, pumping gas, or checking out at the store all feel like egregious crimes. i don't deserve to do such things, even if they are necessary. if it is absolutely required for me to do, i can override my anxieties and look at it objectively, getting it done anyway. but if it is something that i simply "want" to do, i'll avoid it. does anyone else feel this way?

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyBrazilian, UseItOrLoseIt, eternalmelancholy and 5 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I don't feel like I don't deserve to do things but I feel like everything I do results in a cringy outcome...as if everyone else knew exactly what to do but they forgot to tell me "how to human" and now I have to play pretend and it just doesn't feel or look right. So yeah, kinda relate - I don't like doing everyday things in public.

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and demuic
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Same. I'll try to make my last gallon of gas last forever by not going anywhere unless absolutely necessary, just for the sake of not having to fill up or deal with anyone. Every day without human contact feels comfortable and like a win somehow. I was like this 20 years ago in college even and it's never gotten any better. I'm heightened and uncomfortable stepping out of my bubble for any reason.

Reactions: demuic, Snake of Eden and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case, it just feels wrong that I am still alive. I am not meant for this world and I want nothing to do with life. I hate going out in public and being around people when I have to for some reason, it is not often that I do that and I mostly just stay in the house. I cannot stand people.

Reactions: demuic
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, I don't think I belong here in the slightest, and I just hope not to be noticed for the fraud that I am. Interactions are always awkward. I can't even imagine how it would be to be normal and healthy. It must be like paradise.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
That's the self hatred talking. You don't feel like you deserve to be treated like a human. I know because I think deep down I am the same due to childhood abuse and isolation.

• Love
Reactions: RazzleDazzle, ReallyTired and UseItOrLoseIt
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm fine until the mfs start asking about the name of my gf and place of employment.

Reactions: LonelyBrazilian
R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm a toxic dumpster fire of a person taking up space.