WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I've always been made to believe that I'm abnormal just because I'm "too fair" or I expect "fairness" and reasonable actions. I'm made to believe I'm "sensitive" "dramatic" "overreacting" "attention seeking whore" just because I choose to stand up for myself and confront the injustice. I'm always misunderstood, judged and even the dumbest of the dumb people try to lecture me about life and what I should and shouldn't do, the right way to act and how I'm supposed to feel about things. I'm at the point of my life where I believe I don't need lessons anymore and I'm not willing to learn from the hypocrites. Yes I admit sometimes I overreact and I can be an emotional wreck but that's me and I can't change it. I've tried but I simply couldn't. So now people can criticize me all they want it's their wasted energy now. For me I'm sick of constantly trying to justify myself. It's exhausting. I'm done with this. Don't want it don't need it. Period.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, DunnoWhyButYeah, Cast_Away and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I've had people express similar sentiments to me. Most people don't care about fairness unless it's about them and their own being treated unfairly. That's why we can't take any collective action anymore. We're all in it for ourselves. This society is trash and honestly deserves to suffer. As I have said in another thread, I hope the psychopaths inherit the earth and kill each other.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Journeytoletgo and WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
I've had people express similar sentiments to me. Most people don't care about fairness unless it's about them and their own being treated unfairly. That's why we can't take any collective action anymore. We're all in it for ourselves. This society is trash and honestly deserves to suffer. As I have said in another thread, I hope the psychopaths inherit the earth and kill each other.
Most people will turn a blind eye if the injustice doesn't concern them I agree. They will let you fight it alone if it's your fight.. and if you stand up for someone else, they will take the time to convince you that you're dumb for doing so. Because oh well, they know better "experience" "age " etc I'm constantly feeling pressured by society to keep my mouth shut and kiss ass. And I refuse to do that and it's consuming my energy...

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Most people will turn a blind eye if the injustice doesn't concern them I agree. They will let you fight it alone if it's your fight.. and if you stand up for someone else, they will take the time to convince you that you're dumb for doing so. Because oh well, they know better "experience" "age " etc I'm constantly feeling pressured by society to keep my mouth shut and kiss ass. And I refuse to do that and it's consuming my energy...
Are you describing your work situation? I had similar problems at work and am seriously investigating reporting my ex boss for unethical behavior. What she's doing is harming patients, and someone needs to know.

WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Are you describing your work situation? I had similar problems at work and am seriously investigating reporting my ex boss for unethical behavior. What she's doing is harming patients, and someone needs to know.
Yes, my direct manager is unfair piece of shit and everyone talks shit behind his back.. and when his injustice treatment directly affected me personally and I tried to defend myself, co workers were quick to point out that I shouldn't have and I'm overreacting and I'm in the wrong. Even though everyone agreed before he was unfair and a manipulative hypocrite. They agreed he was unfair towards me but they didn't agree with my choice to defend myself. They were quick to kiss his ass and make me the villain of the bunch. And everyone was judging me in my face from their point of view and trying to teach me something even though I never asked for their worthless input in the case (This is a professional hospital setting)

• Love
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yes, my direct manager is unfair piece of shit and everyone talks shit behind his back.. and when his injustice treatment directly affected me personally and I tried to defend myself, co workers were quick to point out that I shouldn't have and I'm overreacting and I'm in the wrong. Even though everyone agreed before he was unfair and a manipulative hypocrite. They agreed he was unfair towards me but they didn't agree with my choice to defend myself. They were quick to kiss his ass and make me the villain of the bunch. And everyone was judging in my face from their point of view and trying to teach me something even though I never asked for their worthless input in the case (This is a professional hospital setting)
Oh god. My job was also in healthcare but on the administrative end. Get the fuck out of there if you can. It sounds to me like the writing is on the wall. Not only do you not deserve to be treated this way, but you also run the risk of being fired. IMO, you're leaving regardless; make sure it's on your terms. Don't do what I did and wait until it's too late.

Healthcare is a fucking dumpster fire, and I am strongly reevaluating my decision to try to get into it. Toxic workplaces abound, and inhumane treatment of patients is too common from what I have seen.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Oh god. My job was also in healthcare but on the administrative end. Get the fuck out of there if you can. It sounds to me like the writing is on the wall. Not only do you not deserve to be treated this way, but you also run the risk of being fired. IMO, you're leaving regardless; make sure it's on your terms. Don't do what I did and wait until it's too late.

Healthcare is a fucking dumpster fire, and I am strongly reevaluating my decision to try to get into it. Toxic workplaces abound, and inhumane treatment of patients is too common from what I have seen.
I agree. It's a toxic environment in disguise. People think we're angels but we're not. Most workers here are the devil's children themselves and I wouldn't trust my loved ones with them. Leave then what I do? It's all I can do. I love what I do I just hate the environment and the people I'm surrounded by. If I choose to transfer somewhere else, any other department will be worse than the department I'm already in (work nature wise) and the chance I got to be here was pure luck and I still don't understand it.

Did you get fired?

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I agree. It's a toxic environment in disguise. People think we're angels but we're not. Most workers here are the devil's children themselves and I wouldn't trust my loved ones with them. Leave then what I do? It's all I can do. I love what I do I just hate the environment and the people I'm surrounded by. If I choose to transfer somewhere else, any other department will be worse than the department I'm already in (work nature wise) and the chance I got to be here was pure luck and I still don't understand it.

Did you get fired?
Are you a nurse? I have heard hospice is a better environment. I was fired, yes, this past Friday. My boss was not only unethical but a micromanaging bitch with a chip on her shoulder.

Reactions: WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Are you a nurse? I have heard hospice is a better environment. I was fired, yes, this past Friday. My boss was not only unethical but a micromanaging bitch with a chip on her shoulder.
Yes I'm a nurse.. I was transferred from the peaceful pediatric to the stressful ICU then to the overwhelming ER then finally to the infection control department during the last 8 months only. Now I'm mainly supervision/investigative role around the different hospital departments as an infection control practitioner. If I leave here, I'll go back as a regular nurse which is too stressful for me for my current mental health. I'm sorry you got fired, I remember reading a thread by you when you expressed how you feel threatened that you would be fired. Honestly I can't understand how managers everywhere get away with so much. Nobody cares about work ethics anymore. I learned infection control guidelines and standards and when I try to apply them to reduce the hospital acquired infection. I'm quickly attacked and made to feel dramatic and unreasonable. Not to mention how nurses from all the departments hate me now because I write reports and I demand a corrective action to their negligence of basic medical precautions. They think I'm too critical and they talk shit about me with my co workers who are willingly listen to them and give the chance to criticize the important job we do to save people's lives.

• Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yes I'm a nurse.. I was transferred from the peaceful pediatric to the stressful ICU then to the overwhelming ER then finally to the infection control department during the last 8 months only. Now I'm mainly supervision/investigative role around the different hospital departments as an infection control practitioner. If I leave here, I'll go back as a regular nurse which is too stressful for me for my current mental health. I'm sorry you got fired, I remember reading a thread by you when you expressed how you feel threatened that you would be fired. Honestly I can't understand how managers everywhere get away with so much. Nobody cares about work ethics anymore. I learned infection control guidelines and standards and when I try to apply them to reduce the hospital acquired infection. I'm quickly attacked and made to feel dramatic and unreasonable. Not to mention how nurses from all the departments hate me now because I write reports and I demand a corrective action to their negligence of basic medical precautions. They think I'm too critical and they talk shit about me with my co workers who are willingly listen to them and give the chance to criticize the important job we do to save people's lives.
Oh boy. I don't envy you. I was an ER medical scribe when COVID first started, and a doc legit walked back into the shared office area and sat at his desk in full PPE after seeing a pt with possible COVID. It was so fucked up and one of the reasons I left that job. It took the hospital a full two weeks to come up with a standard protocol for the PPE. When I told the next doc on shift about what his colleague had done, he flipped out and sprayed everything around the desk. It was crazy.

Last edited:
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Oh boy. I don't envy you. I was an ER medical scribe when COVID first started, and a doc legit walked back into the shared office area and sat at his desk in full PPE after seeing a pt with possible COVID. It was so fucked up and one of the reasons I left that job. It took the hospital a full two weeks to come up with a standard protocol for the PPE. When I told the next doc on shift about what his colleague had done, he flipped out and sprayed everything around the desk. It was crazy.
It astonishes me how supposed professional doctors and nurses who have been actively practicing for years still don't know the correct steps for donning and doffing PPE, hand hygiene, 5 moments etc. the only care to do the hand hygiene after touching the patients to selfishly protect themselves and they never care enough to do it before touching the patients. I can go about horror negligence and disinterest from the ones who are supposed to heal and help but I'm sure someone like you already know all this

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
It astonishes me how supposed professional doctors and nurses who have been actively practicing for years still don't know the correct steps for donning and doffing PPE, hand hygiene, 5 moments etc. the only care to do the hand hygiene after touching the patients to selfishly protect themselves and they never care enough to do it before touching the patients. I can go about horror negligence and disinterest from the ones who are supposed to heal and help but I'm sure someone like you already know all this
I think if the public had better insight into "how the sausage is made" so to speak, there would be greater pressure for healthcare reform. It's really fucking ridiculous how many basic things aren't done and how the patient is screwed in the end.

WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
I think if the public had better insight into "how the sausage is made" so to speak, there would be greater pressure for healthcare reform. It's really fucking ridiculous how many basic things aren't done and how the patient is screwed in the end.
As an IC practitioner, I chose to do periodical patients education. And I always make sure to teach them their right to ask the HCW to do hand hygiene before they touch them and I teach them the basic knowledge of cross infection etc. of course the only reason my manager agreed I do this because he wanted some papers signed by the patients to prove we do this so he can keep it in his little office for discussions in the committee meetings. Ridiculous show off and zero care for the actual cause.

• Aww..
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
As an IC practitioner, I chose to do periodical patients education. And I always make sure to teach them their right to ask the HCW to do hand hygiene before they touch them and I teach them the basic knowledge of cross infection etc. of course the only reason my manager agreed I do this because he wanted some papers signed by the patients to prove we do this so he can keep it in his little office for discussions in the committee meetings. Ridiculous show off and zero care for the actual cause.
Ugh. Sounds like my boss. She had me schedule patients for appointments I knew the office wouldn't keep due to diagnosis reasons (the doc didn't treat for it) because she had a feud with the office and wanted to punish them for not cooperating with her. Meanwhile, the patients - many of them very ill and reliant on family for transport - would have to schedule and reschedule multiple times all for the Almighty Process she dreamed up to stand.

By trying to cooperate with the doc office and do what they said so that patients didn't have to go through this, I was reprimanded for insubordination. It wasn't even something I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do. They never covered it in training.

This is how I ended up having a dying patient rant at me for over a half hour because his appointment was cancelled. He should have been sent to another office immediately. Now the guy is on his own having to search for another doctor in his last days. I felt like such a piece of shit. He wasn't the only one I did this to on my boss's orders.

• Hugs
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
Yup, but I think now that I don't need those who think that way. I'm what I'm and it's enough, no need to change anything. I'm always too much for everyone.

Reactions: WitheringAway and Celerity
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Ugh. Sounds like my boss. She had me schedule patients for appointments I knew the office wouldn't keep due to diagnosis reasons (the doc didn't treat for it) because she had a feud with the office and wanted to punish them for not cooperating with her. Meanwhile, the patients - many of them very ill and reliant on family for transport - would have to schedule and reschedule multiple times all for the Almighty Process she dreamed up to stand.

By trying to cooperate with the doc office and do what they said so that patients didn't have to go through this, I was reprimanded for insubordination. It wasn't even something I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do. They never covered it in training.

This is how I ended up having a dying patient rant at me for over a half hour because his appointment was cancelled. He should have been sent to another office immediately. Now the guy is on his own having to search for another doctor in his last days. I felt like such a piece of shit. He wasn't the only one I did this to on my boss's orders.
I'm sorry.. it's not your fault. With your position you have no choice but follow "orders" it's on her conscience. That's why I hate my job because I have to do things I don't approve of.