• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
First I want to thank SaSu for allowing me to delve into topics that are otherwise off-limits in the real world as well as giving me a voice to really speak my mind on (most) taboo topics that otherwise I wouldn't be able to in the real world. There is a reason that I don't post in certain disability communities and support groups, mainly because they don't even allow those with unpopular opinions.

As someone who has Aspergers and lived with this condition for more than three decades, even I (logically) arrived at the conclusion that voluntary euthanasia would be a benefit. My opinion despite the fact that I have Aspergers is that it would be better for people like me, to have an option to check out to avoid the suffering and the shitshow that is life. Furthermore, if neurotypicals (normies and those not on the spectrum) find life difficult with their challenges, then one could only imagine the extra difficulty and challenge that I and others (on the spectrum) face day to day. That alone should be more the reason to check out. Over the years (even before I took a break from SaSu, from Jan 2021 – June 2022) I have written many threads about my conditions and if one were to search the threads about Aspergers and what not, it should explain a lot of details of what I go through and all my reasoning and thoughts. I am not going to rewrite many threads from scratch, but it should be clear that living with Aspergers is more suffering than those without it.

Therefore when people who are close to me or know of my condition oftenly suggest that I join groups that support those with Aspergers or like-minded peers, I reject it because even in those circles, they never entertain nor accept that voluntary euthanasia is an 'option', let alone a solution to those who are suffering immensely.

@FuneralCry @RainAndSadness

redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
I agree with what you're saying and I think voluntary euthanasia should be an option (for everyone) but I don't really understand why the Aspergers has to do with that conclusion? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not really following? Do you think that people on the spectrum are generally less likely to come to the conclusion that voluntary euthanasia would be a good thing, compared to neurotypical people? I'm on the spectrum myself but I don't really get why it would be different for people like us to conclude that voluntary euthanasia would be a good thing, whether from a logical standpoint or not? Again not trying to be rude but I'm genuinely curious about why that makes a difference.

(Also interesting that you still use the term Aspergers, but I suppose it makes sense if you have been used to that for over 3 decades)

Reactions: sserafim and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with what you're saying and I think voluntary euthanasia should be an option (for everyone) but I don't really understand why the Aspergers has to do with that conclusion? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not really following? Do you think that people on the spectrum are generally less likely to come to the conclusion that voluntary euthanasia would be a good thing, compared to neurotypical people? I'm on the spectrum myself but I don't really get why it would be different for people like us to conclude that voluntary euthanasia would be a good thing, whether from a logical standpoint or not? Again not trying to be rude but I'm genuinely curious about why that makes a difference.

(Also interesting that you still use the term Aspergers, but I suppose it makes sense if you have been used to that for over 3 decades)
I brought up Aspergers for two reasons. One was to emphasize that I arrived at that conclusion through reasoning and logic and the other reason is to bring legitimacy to show that even as someone with 'Aspergers' life isn't always living (which is something that even in support groups they wouldn't allow such mentioning of these topics). I guess it is a way to show that there are people who have these conditions that don't always agree with the status quo of those support groups (which is their idea of "life with Aspergers is always worth living"). I'm trying to break the mold and go against the grain if that makes sense.

I suppose the same could apply to other support groups of other ailments and conditions, like not all people who are a certain condition will believe that life (with said condition) is worth living.

redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
I brought up Aspergers for two reasons. One was to emphasize that I arrived at that conclusion through reasoning and logic and the other reason is to bring legitimacy to show that even as someone with 'Aspergers' life isn't always living (which is something that even in support groups they wouldn't allow such mentioning of these topics). I guess it is a way to show that there are people who have these conditions that don't always agree with the status quo of those support groups (which is their idea of "life with Aspergers is always worth living"). I'm trying to break the mold and go against the grain if that makes sense.

I suppose the same could apply to other support groups of other ailments and conditions, like not all people who are a certain condition will believe that life (with said condition) is worth living.

I see, I think it makes sense to me now. I guess I didn't get at first that support groups played such a big part in your reasoning but I get it now. It can be frustrating to not be able to talk about certain things in groups like that and for people to not even really consider your reasonings or feelings about it.

Yeah, it's probably frowned upon in most support groups for other things as well. Voluntary euthanasia is pretty taboo in society in general except for certain cases like terminal illnesses, if even.

Thanks for clarifying your reasoning for me.

Reactions: sserafim and TAW122
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Wanting to Sleep for Eternity
Feb 3, 2023
Im also on the spectrum and support the right to die, no one should live their entire life in suffering. Its fate more cruel than life itself.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I also have Aspergers and it's always been tiring existing in a world that I could never be meant for. I actually thought that many autistic people would be suicidal at least from what I read, there seems to be quite a lot on this site, I just think that everywhere else tries to censor the view that suicide is a perfectly logical option in this world. But I just think that no matter the circumstances nobody should be expected to stay here against their wishes.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Even as? I think autism should be reason enough for assisted death to be a thing. It's fucked up to force people into the world with a congenital condition like this and not allow for a way out...

Last edited: