• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
If euthanasia was available for all who wanted to ctb then what percentage of people do you think would use it?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner, Homo erectus and 7 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Way less than 1%. Most people don't want to kill themselves.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Meteora, UKscotty and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Probably not a lot

Reactions: Homo erectus and Meteora
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
We are such a rare breed

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Meteora, Immensevoid and 2 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If there's an evaluation process I think not a lot, since we are a minority despite the world going to shit. Suppose seriously considering death is just too extreme for most. Otherwise this forum wouldn't get as much hate as it does. But if euthanasia was avaliable to impulse suicidals then probably a lot more people would be dead.

Reactions: goodjunkies and sserafim
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Me 100% sure but most people like their life. So less than 5%.

Reactions: sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
5% of 8 billion people is a lot though

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Not a lot. Suicidal people are very less percentage in the general population to bigin with. Then from that percentage a significant amount would blackout once they have a reliable peaceful way out at hand, with the whole "prison becomes your home if you have the keys" thing.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and divinemistress36
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
If euthanasia was available for all who wanted to ctb then what percentage of people do you think would use it?
Euthanasia in Belgium is legal (even with a mental disorder) and every year figures rise. Only during COVID and during a court case about euthanasia there were less cases of euthanasia.

I think that if there were a pill of Drion, freely to be bought in a pharmacy, figures would rise significantly. Hell, I would buy it! Maybe it would lay in a closet for a while, but in the end I would definitely take it.
Not a lot. Suicidal people are very less percentage in the general population to bigin with. Then from that percentage a significant amount would blackout once they have a reliable peaceful way out at hand, with the whole "prison becomes your home if you have the keys" thing.
There are a lot of lonely, old people out there. They're just waiting to die, just like my grandfather (98yo). I'm sure they would take Drion's pill if it were available.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulCage, sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
I don't think to much, cause the way of thinking of the society will ever be wich that allow them to survive. Anyway i wouldn't use it, i need to kill my self by my own hand.

Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Not many, there are already plenty of ways to kill ourselves.

Less that 0.1% probably.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Most probably as existence is very undesirable. It'd be such a relief for people having the option to die peacefully in a guaranteed way with no fears or risks of trying to die going wrong and leading to way more suffering as a result.
To me it'd be insane to want to decay from age in this cruel and meaningless existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. I see suicide as rational to escape from and prevent suffering so of course I believe many would choose to stop existing on their own terms, ceasing to exist solves everything after all and brings peace from the burden of existing as a human.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
They made assisted suicide a crime

They put Dr Kevorkian in prison for assisting old people in pain with suicide

If they removed their oppressive laws making assisting suicide a crime many people would use those services.

Millions of people are suffering and with no way out. These would use assisted suicide services. Then when others hear about it use will grow as the lies will start to be exposed . No we don't have to put up with suffering, pain, oppression , problems, diseases and much less unbearable constant long lasting pain, nor old age nor anything in this prison hell

Last edited:
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
In Belgium about 2500 people get euthanised every year, out of 11 million people. So given lifespan of about 80 years, that's just under 2% of the population.

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
In Belgium about 2500 people get euthanised every year, out of 11 million people. So given lifespan of about 80 years, that's just under 2% of the population.
Almost 3.000 in 2022 with a total population of about 11,7 million. That's about 0,026%. But it is 10% more than the year before.

Also, comparing to the total population is wrong imho. Almost 70% of the people who made the choice were older than 70. I don't see toddlers taking Drion's pill (unless by accident :-). BTW There were no cases with minors in 2022.

Source: vrt.be

And apparently, you don't have to have Belgian nationality to ask for euthanasia (there are rules however).

But I admit I'm probably projecting in thinking 'a lot' of people would use Drion's pill if such a thing were freely available. There's no way to tell atm.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Let's say about relatively young people. Even if that will be a lot of them at first, then year after year the percentage will decline due to natural selection.

Reactions: Homo erectus, tbroken and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
5% of 8 billion people is a lot though
I think like less than 1% of 8 billion people. Most people seem to love life and not want to die. They're grateful for their life and that they had the chance to experience it. Even if their life sucks, life has them under Stockholm Syndrome. People usually want to keep living, they're scared of death and dying. We're the abnormal and strange ones here…

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Homo erectus and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think like less than 1% of 8 billion people. Most people seem to love life and not want to die. They're grateful for their life and that they had the chance to experience it. Even if their life sucks, life has them under Stockholm Syndrome. People usually want to keep living, they're scared of death and dying. We're the abnormal and strange ones here…
I definitely feel like an alien

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner, Homo erectus and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I wake up everyday and think everything everyone does is pointless
Same. Life is so meaningless, nothing matters in the end. I just think it's not fair that we were brought into this world without a say in it

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner, davidtorez and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Same. Life is so meaningless, nothing matters in the end. I just think it's not fair that we were brought into this world without a say in it
I agree. I think that's why we have looked to exploring spirituality

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Homo erectus and sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Not a lot of young people. But probably a much larger percentage of older people. Partly that's because they know they haven't got long left whatever happens, partly because many will know that they have achieved as much as they can hope to achieve so why hang around, and partly because the death of a partner and the resulting loneliness can be hard to handle. I think that even those who would never have considered suicide when they were young come to see that life is nothing much to lose.

Cast a cold eye
On life, on death.
Horseman, pass by!

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36, Homo erectus and 3 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I feel like one too
I think I know what you mean, though my take on it is a bit different. In the summer months I sometimes watch the ants in front of my house, thousands of them scurrying along their trails, intent on their own business, and not thinking much as they do it. I'm a detached observer, not hostile to them, but indifferent. Their business has nothing to do with me. Then I realise that I often feel the same way about humanity: I'm standing on the outside, watching humans go about their business, but feeling detached from it all. What has it got to do with me?

I don't have anything against humans. Some of my best friends are humans. But the species is over-rated.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think I know what you mean, though my take on it is a bit different. In the summer months I sometimes watch the ants in front of my house, thousands of them scurrying along their trails, intent on their own business, and not thinking much as they do it. I'm a detached observer, not hostile to them, but indifferent. Their business has nothing to do with me. Then I realise that I often feel the same way about humanity: I'm standing on the outside, watching humans go about their business, but feeling detached from it all. What has it got to do with me?

I don't have anything against humans. Some of my best friends are humans. But the species is over-rated.
Nature and animals are incredible. People not so much

Reactions: Linda and sserafim
barelybetter

barelybetter

Mar 6, 2024
The truth is, we as suicidal people aren't normal. Obv suicide numbers would go up if it was way easier but it wouldn't be something crazy.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

I feel detached from humanity as well. It's like I'm on the outside looking in. I feel like an observer of life rather than a participant in it. I don't even feel human, I feel like an alien on this earth. It's just a feeling of fundamentally not belonging.

• Love
Reactions: Linda
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I feel detached from humanity as well. It's like I'm on the outside looking in. I feel like an observer of life rather than a participant in it. I don't even feel human, I feel like an alien on this earth. It's just a feeling of fundamentally not belonging.
Depersonalization . I get this a lot

• Love
Reactions: Linda and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Depersonalization . I get this a lot
I don't think it's depersonalization but rather the fact that I just don't fit in with the human race. It's like I'm not even a real human. I'm an untermensch due to ASD…

Reactions: thegoldengirls and divinemistress36