esoterispeec

esoterispeec

Student
Nov 20, 2020
Even in countries where euthanasia is legal there are so many strict requirement, you have to me terminally ill and seen by 3 doctors. What about other illnesses like blindness , mental illness, Etc
I read somewhere that 30% of people attempt to ctb within a year of being diagnosed as blind or something that starts causing blindness. This is just one example. Legalise N, thats all that needs to happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry, it's_all_a_game, My_name_is_Luka and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
They certainly are.
Assited suicide all over the world with SIMPLE REQUIREMENTS is my dream.

Reactions: Amumu
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
As much as I agree with you, there are reasons. Primarily that they don't want people who are disabled or poor who otherwise don't want to ctb to feel incentivized so they're not a burden to friends and family. Happened recently in my country, Canada. A guy who needed a personal care worker to live couldnt afford it and a doctor essentially told the guy to find a way to pay for it or apply for euthanasia. Obviously that's pretty effed up.
Again, I 100% agree with you, euthanasia would mean I could go peacefully and not need to hang myself, but at the same time it is understandable why it's being approached the way it is. I think a better system would be easier application, but healthcare professionals are not allowed to ever recommend it. The person has to come to that conclusion themselves. Idk

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
As much as I agree with you, there are reasons. Primarily that they don't want people who are disabled or poor who otherwise don't want to ctb to feel incentivized so they're not a burden to friends and family. Happened recently in my country, Canada. A guy who needed a personal care worker to live couldnt afford it and a doctor essentially told the guy to find a way to pay for it or apply for euthanasia. Obviously that's pretty effed up.
Again, I 100% agree with you, euthanasia would mean I could go peacefully and not need to hang myself, but at the same time it is understandable why it's being approached the way it is. I think a better system would be easier application, but healthcare professionals are not allowed to ever recommend it. The person has to come to that conclusion themselves. Idk
Yeah it should never be forced, suggested, and definitely not recommend from doctors. The only person who has that decision should be the person who wants it. This can be easily done where if a disabled person visits a doctor, they always have a section on the forms you have to fill out before your doctors appointment if your feeling "depressed" or "suicidal" etc. If that part is filled out, the doctor should first suggest 6 month minimum therapy, vitamins, to see if they improve, and if they havent came back to see the doctor, (bc sometimes people do improve) the doctor should never bring it up again. But if that person actually hasnt improved and goes back to see the doctor again, the doctor should recommend medication and more therapy for another 6 months. This would be the final phase to actually prove and see if this person should get euthanasia, and again the doctors still cannot suggest they should ctb, but then obviously after the year is over if the patient hasnt improved and wants to die, they can because they proved to society they exhausted all options and nothing will help their quality of life. This protects legalization of euthanasia and also protects disabled people who think "doctors will force them to ctb" like i said a doctor should never have a say if someone is disabled should ctb it should only be up to the individual. So now its finally fair for people that are disabled to "not be scared" that doctors will force them to ctb, and for people that really deserve euthanasia to finally get that. It will help people like us finally get peace and those people that are disabled can finally stop protesting against legalizing it.

Last edited: