Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I have been diagnosed now with EUPD, I was told that EPUD was known as BPD but its now referred to as EUPD
I also have CPTSD, Anxiety and Depression

Does anyone here have experience with EPUD? They have suggested either olanzapine or mirtazapine, neither of which I want to take, (I hate putting medication into my body) plus the latter my husband is having to come off, due to serious weight gain

They have said the EUPD has come about due to the CPTSD.

Just wondering people who have this, experiences, thoughts, how have you dealt with it and so forth

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and LittleBabyNothing
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Hello, i have bpd (or eupd) and cpstd, diagnosed 8yrs ago but difficulties since childhood. i found mood stabilizers (sodium valporate for me) helpful but like you try to avoid meds. Therapy is the key to understand your traits and behaviours, what drives them and how to manage and reduce them.
DBT, mentalisation based therapy, CBT, emdr; access all you can. BPD can be recovered from, fatal for some but not all. It's cruel, painful and exhausting but also brings so many quailties... passion, creativity, loyalty and more. It takes times and real hard work but you are worth it and it can be done. Don't believe the stigmas around BPD, stay true to you.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I'm totally ignorant, what does EUPB and cpstd stand for?

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
. Emotionally unstable personality disorder and complex PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
I know many who took olazapine to ease eupd symptoms, i think it's one of more commonly used meds, alongside therapies.
Not ignorant at all, you asking aids us all. Thank you

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, i have bpd (or eupd) and cpstd, diagnosed 8yrs ago but difficulties since childhood. i found mood stabilizers (sodium valporate for me) helpful but like you try to avoid meds. Therapy is the key to understand your traits and behaviours, what drives them and how to manage and reduce them.
DBT, mentalisation based therapy, CBT, emdr; access all you can. BPD can be recovered from, fatal for some but not all. It's cruel, painful and exhausting but also brings so many quailties... passion, creativity, loyalty and more. It takes times and real hard work but you are worth it and it can be done. Don't believe the stigmas around BPD, stay true to you.

thank you for this reply, they have been playing back and forth for a year now whether it was that or BiPolar but have decided due to the CPTSD that is is EUPD.

I am not keen on medication, one of hte side effects that scares me is weight gain, my husband said well depends if you would rather be slim and miserable or fat and happy! Sorry but weight gain effects me mentally, so surely its just shifting another issue on to me,
Ive just read that another side effect, is behaviour that may be deemed as offensive to others? Whats that all about?!

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Nov 22, 2020
It's such a hard one with potential side effects, you don't know how they'll affect you till you try them, so variable with each individual it can't be predicted. For me i weigh up my need, if i can stay safe in behaviour and minimally hurtful/burdensome to others i stay off meds. Some periods i have to use them, i rarely stay on them long term.
If side effects potentially quite detrimental to you, can you cope without them, yes miserable but safe, while you access therapy? Saying that, to do the therapy well enough to make a difference it is grueling and some need meds to support them through that time. Accepting meds now doesn't mean you're on them forever.
Your husband sounds supportive, that is essential. The more he can understand both the eupd and cpstd the better he can support you. Make sure he gets his support too, if he can access family support make sure he does.

Last edited: