F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
I've ordered some ethylene glycol since it's cheap and readily available.
I don't think I've got the guts to go full suspension, which would be my next best choice.
From what I read, it should be pretty toxic as long as your liver is functioning properly.
I was wondering if there are any resources on this stuff. I read that people get saved as long as treatment follows soon after taking it, but that's very unlikely to happen since I live in complete isolation.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Dead_Inside, Xerox and 1 other person
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
That's the stuff in radiator coolant isn't it?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Xerox
F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
That's the stuff in radiator coolant isn't it?
Yup. It's supposed to be quite sweet tasting and pretty toxic if I believe the stuff written about it.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Yup. It's supposed to be quite sweet tasting and pretty toxic if I believe the stuff written about it.
I tried it before but with actual coolant. Supposedly it impacts your kidneys too.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
I've ordered 99.5% purity, so no funky additives. If all goes well, I'll get alcohol poisoning symptoms first and in a day or 2 I'll slowly wither away and die, hopefully.
After that, kidney failure is going to set in.

I'd probably add a zip tie ligature (something I've been considering for a while) or something else.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Dead_Inside and Xerox
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
That sounds rather pleasant. Not sure why I didn't order the pure stuff. Coolant tastes like shit.

Reactions: Shaw and Lifeisatrap
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Just a tad sweeter eh eh, see what I did there :)

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
You mean like the sweet release of death? Haha.
Not sure if it'll be a good idea though, since I tend to fuck everything up I try, ever.
But drinking sweet tasting poison seems rather easy compared to hanging myself.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
You mean like the sweet release of death? Haha.
Not sure if it'll be a good idea though, since I tend to fuck everything up I try, ever.
But drinking sweet tasting poison seems rather easy compared to hanging myself.
And the taste of the poison. It is sweet from what I've read too.

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
And the taste of the poison. It is sweet from what I've read too.
It's supposed to be a sweet tasting thick liquid that makes you drunk, kinda like syrup I suppose?
I'm definitely getting a taste when it gets delivered.

Still not sure when or what I'll do. But It'll be nice to just have it in my house.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
It's supposed to be a sweet tasting thick liquid that makes you drunk, kinda like syrup I suppose?
I'm definitely getting a taste when it gets delivered.

Still not sure when or what I'll do. But It'll be nice to just have it in my house.
Nice peace of mind. I have my bus ticket ready to go too. Kind of a big stress-reliever

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
Nice peace of mind. I have my bus ticket ready to go too. Kind of a big stress-reliever
It is, isn't it?
Just the idea that you'll be able to leave this mess behind at any moment can be quite comforting.
I pretty much live in complete isolation, so I'm not restricted to any time or date either.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Deadinside24
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Haven't looked into the method for years, but from what I remember takes days if not a week, kidney damage, probably painful.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Haven't looked into the method for years, but from what I remember takes days if not a week, kidney damage, probably painful.
Yeah kidney damage does occur early because of the crystals or whatever it forms in them, but it could take weeks for them to fail. But liver failure is like death after a few hours. I almost lost my liver to Tylenol and near the end, I was really at peace but the middle stages were a little rough.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Justanotherconsumer
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
If someone wants a poison death sn seems the best option, cheap reliable and fairly quick losing consciousness before death, just add meto antiemetic and tagamet.

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
It seems like if you take enough, you'll die in stage 2, before kidney failure. On the other hand, every method I'm considering is pretty painful.

Yeah kidney damage does occur early because of the crystals or whatever it forms in them, but it could take weeks for them to fail. But liver failure is like death after a few hours. I almost lost my liver to Tylenol and near the end, I was really at peace but the middle stages were a little rough.
I've tried Tylenol (paracetamol) before, 20 - 25 grams but apparently that wasn't enough...

If someone wants a poison death sn seems the best option, cheap reliable and fairly quick losing consciousness before death, just add meto antiemetic and tagamet.
Yeah, I've been worried about puking it all out before death sets in. That's why I'm considering adding a ligature of sorts.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
It seems like if you take enough, you'll die in stage 2, before kidney failure. On the other hand, every method I'm considering is pretty painful.

I've tried Tylenol (paracetamol) before, 20 - 25 grams but apparently that wasn't enough...

Yeah, I've been worried about puking it all out before death sets in. That's why I'm considering adding a ligature of sorts.
Wow, 20-25g? I only did like 11-12 but I've had alcohol issues for nearly a decade so my liver isn't in the best shape to begin with. And I had meth in my system too, although I'm not really sure if that contributed or not.

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
Wow, 20-25g? I only did like 11-12 but I've had alcohol issues for nearly a decade so my liver isn't in the best shape to begin with. And I had meth in my system too, although I'm not really sure if that contributed or not.
Yup. I still remember the massive pile of pills on my bed.
I was unable to properly digest food for a while after that, but I never used any alcohol either just loads of weed.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Yup. I still remember the massive pile of pills on my bed.
I was unable to properly digest food for a while after that, but I never used any alcohol either just loads of weed.
Yeah, I couldn't eat or drink solids for a few days. I was stuck eating ice chips at the hospital... yum...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Caustic Cardinals
F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, I couldn't eat or drink solids for a few days. I was stuck eating ice chips at the hospital... yum...
I've never been hospitalized after an attempt yet. I still lived at home at the time and my mom forced me to go to a doctor after I reached a dangerously low weight.
He gave me some meds and that was that.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
I've never been hospitalized after an attempt yet. I still lived at home at the time and my mom forced me to go to a doctor after I reached a dangerously low weight.
He gave me some meds and that was that.
If I wouldn't have gone, I for sure would have died - which was the plan. I just thought I waited long enough so I could go there and die a comfortable death. I saw the numbers and my Tylenol numbers were off the charts until they gave me the antidote. If I never would have got that, my liver would have failed for sure. The doctors were already telling me it was failing. I still hate my damned liver for not failing.... sigh.

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
This one is new to me let me answer voices in my head and I'll let you know

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
If I wouldn't have gone, I for sure would have died - which was the plan. I just thought I waited long enough so I could go there and die a comfortable death. I saw the numbers and my Tylenol numbers were off the charts until they gave me the antidote. If I never would have got that, my liver would have failed for sure. The doctors were already telling me it was failing. I still hate my damned liver for not failing.... sigh.
Earlier this year, I ended up making an extended DNR. It's called a "Completed life clause" and it basically means that if I get a fatal condition, treatment is prohibited.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Earlier this year, I ended up making an extended DNR. It's called a "Completed life clause" and it basically means that if I get a fatal condition, treatment is prohibited.
I thought about getting something like that but never really looked hard at the steps to get there.

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
I thought about getting something like that but never really looked hard at the steps to get there.
It's fairly simple over here. I just ended up downloading some forms I found with Google, editing them a bit, signing them and delivered them to my doctor. They're in my medical files now.
There's an euthanasia request in there too, in case I end up "suffering unbearably". But it's up to the doctor to honor it or not.

Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
It's fairly simple over here. I just ended up downloading some forms I found with Google, editing them a bit, signing them and delivered them to my doctor. They're in my medical files now.
There's an euthanasia request in there too, in case I end up "suffering unbearably". But it's up to the doctor to honor it or not.
That's a lot easier than I'd ever expect

F

FailedWoman

Sep 7, 2018
That's a lot easier than I'd ever expect
It kinda depends on where you live I guess.
Sometimes you can even just show it to the hospital staff if you're still conscious, like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/TimeToGo/comments/9b1zsk/my_sister/
My "completed life clause" basically goes like this (simplified): "I consider my life to be complete. I'd like to take any chance to die. No meds, resuscitation, food or water are allowed to be administered/performed".

J

Jaded

Student
Sep 8, 2018
That sounds brutal. Coming so close and having hope then pulling through and dealing with the repercussions

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Deadinside24 and NoDream
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
That sounds brutal. Coming so close and having hope then pulling through and dealing with the repercussions
Yeah i was so pissed when they told me I was getting better.