ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
One of the most nightmarish ideas I've across especially for the suicidal is the concept of the eternal recurrence. None of us asked for life. We CTB and joyfully end what we never wanted in the first place. Unfortunately, we find ourselves being endlessly born into this dreadful world again and again. What guarantee do I have that I won't be born into this world again if I CTB? I really want out of this life but fearful of being kept in if I do exit it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, ronigail9, Stick and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
wouldnt that mean youd have a life before this one? and if youre going to go to the whole reincarnation thing with one doesnt remember their past life, then how do you know that the last life was bad? maybe its just the luck of the draw and the next life will be good

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Stick
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Everything in science in tech would have to be wrong for this not to be true .
to be fair, science is always changing and evolving so to say science is 100% sure when its always changing doesnt sound very.....sure.

sighingspider

sighingspider

Hi, How are you.
May 28, 2020
Well, I don't know about the after life. I don't think anyone knows. All I can say is that it's a leap of faith. If you are reincarnated into a human once again, maybe you would live a better life. You would not understand the meaning of depressed. Or you could be reincarated into an animal. You could live your life, without thinking about what others may or may not feel about you. Just grazing the grass, or something. You would never know. We would never know. But all I can say is, think of what good may bring once you are gone. I guess.

Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
From the brighter side, if i was reborn again in the same body i hope I'd make better options and less mistakes.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
What guarantee do I have that I won't be born into this world again if I CTB? I really want out of this life but fearful of being kept in if I do exit it.
Look into Buddhism for the way out of this nightmare of rebirth thousands of times over and over. The escape isn't easy but can be done.

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
No, you all don't understand. The universe behaves deterministically (everything is cause-and-effect), thus every iteration of your lives would be the exact same, in literally every way. Nothing different or out of place. The exact same. Every little tiny miniscule detail would be identical each time.

Yes OP, this is my worst nightmare. I would rather be literally crucified in the desert than experience this hell again even just once more, let alone forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess you could just ctb if you are born again. I try to tell myself there is just nothing after this life, it gives me reassurance but I guess we will never really know.

S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
One of the most nightmarish ideas I've across especially for the suicidal is the concept of the eternal recurrence. None of us asked for life. We CTB and joyfully end what we never wanted in the first place. Unfortunately, we find ourselves being endlessly born into this dreadful world again and again. What guarantee do I have that I won't be born into this world again if I CTB? I really want out of this life but fearful of being kept in if I do exit it.
I know it's weird but when I was a teenager I had OCD and typed documents about what I wished my next life would be or what's after death. I always labeled them 2 and when my grandma died recently I was listening to a random list of songs and the song at the moment I got the text she was dead the song was "I Shall Love 2". It was of Fantano's Top Singles of 2018, the lyrics of that song and the one after it make me feel confident whatever's after death will be better. I don't see myself as a good person who deserves that but maybe it's just to balance out all the pain we've experienced in this life.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic