N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
What do you do in order to flee from reality. My situation is pretty bad but at least I can feel joy and have some hobbys. I am very unhappy about my current and future life but there are things that give me little moments of distraction.
I really like to play video games. Especially from my favorite animes or on my Nintendo Switch. I play this a lot and while doing that I listen to politicial videos. I am doing multitasking so that my brain is distracted from my horrible problems. It is kind of childish but I've lost so many fights why not seeking joy in shortterm stuff like that and then doing the Cobain when life turns another time against me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, TicoDK, StarLight and 7 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Same here. Hobbies are what keeping me going such as studying japanese, watching shows/anime, drinking, etc.

Well, my job is actually helping me too.

Reactions: demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I like to browse this site and read about death. It is comforting knowing that everything will eventually end and that life is pointless. I also like visiting the cemetery for the same reason, death brings me comfort. And also anime/manga/music (even know my ears are too damaged to use headphones)

Reactions: PressEnterToExit
lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I love coding, reading books and playing minecraft, but going for walks and having a fun social interaction are the best ways I've found.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
What do you do in order to flee from reality. My situation is pretty bad but at least I can feel joy and have some hobbys. I am very unhappy about my current and future life but there are things that give me little moments of distraction.
I really like to play video games. Especially from my favorite animes or on my Nintendo Switch. I play this a lot and while doing that I listen to politicial videos. I am doing multitasking so that my brain is distracted from my horrible problems. It is kind of childish but I've lost so many fights why not seeking joy in shortterm stuff like that and then doing the Cobain when life turns another time against me.

I have to say, escapism has been my home away from home fror most of my life and gaming is high on the list. Art too. (painting/drawing/digital and traditional). Flims are great too and often served as a kind of eduction in my developmet as a human being. Unfortunately recent affliction is taking my cognition and I am no longer able to consume media the same way rendering escapism impossible for me now. I can't tell you just how much this has affected my quality of life!! If you have your mind and means of escapism via consumable and/or interactive media you have life even if you're alone. God I miss beng able to get engrosed and lost in another world! So bad!

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Working myself into a catatonic state is my escapism. Normal work hasn't been enough lately so I supplement it with totally unnecessary home improvement projects

Reactions: FuneralCry
S

StarLight

Apr 17, 2021
I play video games, watch YouTube, and listen to music. Day in and day out that's all I do. And while I'm doing these things I'm usually also daydreaming which is my way of comforting myself; I'm imagining the humans bonds I can't have in real life.

Reactions: Élégie