S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
Whether or not you actually have tinnitus doesn't matter because there isn't much an ENT can do to objectively know if you have it besides telling them. Just tell them something like you have a habit of listening to music loud and now you have some ringing in your ears that won't go away. It might take a few visits, at least it did in my experience because the ENT wanted to try other medicines first. I can't guarantee that your ENT will also eventually prescribe amitriptyline but if you're really looking to CBT by this method it's worth trying.

Also the resources megathread has a pdf of the peaceful pill handbook and amitriptyline is on page 282.

Last edited:
Reactions: TicoDK
lookingtoendit

lookingtoendit

Oct 4, 2020
my psych is trying to get me off amitryptiline bc it's "bad" in overdoses. method confirmed

Reactions: MikeDeross82
S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
my psych is trying to get me off amitryptiline bc it's "bad" in overdoses. method confirmed
I've been reading about it and apparently you can't just overdose on it alone. You need short acting and long acting benzos to make you sleep for a while because apparently the process of dying is long and painful otherwise. The pph also mentioned some other stuff that I can't remember entirely so it might be best for you to read it yourself.

Reactions: Celerity
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
I've been reading about it and apparently you can't just overdose on it alone. You need short acting and long acting benzos to make you sleep for a while because apparently the process of dying is long and painful otherwise. The pph also mentioned some other stuff that I can't remember entirely so it might be best for you to read it yourself.
How do you get the benzos?