leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
it's always been interesting to me how botlzmann, who spent his life describing, researching, and teaching about the laws of entropy, specifically related to gaseous molecules, ultimately ctb'd by hanging. botlzmann's law of entropy 1670865678206 is on his tombstone. pretty sure if scba was a thing a couple hundred years ago he'd have def used it. when i was in uni and taking physics/statistics courses it wasn't as notable to me, botlzmann's ctb, but roughly 7yrs ago when trying to do the exit bag thingie, definitely renewed my interest in this lost bit of history. just goes to show, you can try and push and work and struggle and in the end none of us are immune. we're all going to the same place.

800px Zentralfriedhof Vienna   Boltzmann

• Informative
Reactions: CTB Dream, BruhXDDDDD, Pluto and 3 others
Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
Wow, I recall studying this in Gen Chem. and Physics I didn't know he ctb'd. That is a great monument to a great man.

Reactions: CTB Dream, leeloosnow and makethepainstop
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
This is what statistical mechanics will do to a man's mental health

Reactions: CTB Dream and BruhXDDDDD
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Quite a few of the great minds of history had tragic backgrounds and seemed immerse themselves in their work as a means of coping.

Dimitri Mendeleev who invented the modern periodic table had a difficult childhood after his father died. He was said to be the youngest of 17 siblings.

Then there's Alan Turing. He helped end WWII, then went on to discover a mathematical code in nature. Because being gay was a crime in England, however, he ultimately (probably) CTBed by cyanide.

Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Science lnow this make ctb tell how ,, one see sciency try understand see all chemic physic etc see real life way this human no see delsion be depress, also see infinit science be depress no able do much feel al work no point, many case science ctb ,swe world real depress