home

home

Sep 10, 2022
Have any of you guys ever had an upper endoscopy? Im a bit worried cause I have nausea, a pretty bad gag reflex, and severe emetophobia to top it all off. I know they numb your throat and stuff and put you on relaxers but don't you still feel it? Im not in recovery, but i figured itd be better to post this here.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
My girlfriend went through it, apparently it wasn't that bad, but I'm glad I don't have to go through it

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Tke all th/ sedatn thy offr

Thre = gd chnce tht u wll gag brfly bt tht wll g/ awy quckly & thnk tht vomtng = v unlikly

U r awre of wht = happnng & = uncmftrble bt nt painfl

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Have any of you guys ever had an upper endoscopy? Im a bit worried cause I have nausea, a pretty bad gag reflex, and severe emetophobia to top it all off. I know they numb your throat and stuff and put you on relaxers but don't you still feel it? Im not in recovery, but i figured itd be better to post this here.
I have had digestive endoscopy 3 times, in December 1998, September 2004 and the last one on December 29, 2020 (this one with a colonoscopy at the same time).

The first two times I was only lightly sedated but the last time I was put straight to sleep with Propofol and I didn't know anything. I should have done more before this one, but I had a really bad time and refused to do it for years.

If you want to know anything else you can ask me anything you want.

//

D'endocòpies digestives me n'han fet 3 vegades, el desembre del 1998, el setembre del 2004 i l'última el 29 de desembre del 2020 (aquesta amb colonoscòpia alhora).

Les dues primeres vegades em van sedar només lleugerament però a la darrera em van adormir directament amb Propofol i no em vaig assebentar pas de res. Me n'hauria d'haver fet més amb anterioritat a aquesta, però ho passava força malament i m'hi vaig negar durant anys.

Si vols saber res més em pots preguntar el que vulguis.

Last edited:
Reactions: home
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I have had at least two endoscopies. Both times I was under anesthesia and not awake for the procedure. Wasn't bad at all. Be sure to follow whatever instructions are given for preparation & aftercare.

During one of them, they did a biopsy - there was a little bit of pain after & I had to be careful with what I ate and drank for a day or two. They provided me with guidance on what to eat/not eat.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have suffered from GERD since I was 10 years old. At age 29, I believe I have had around 3 endoscopies over the years. They were very relaxed affairs for me and did not take long. My esophagus ached a tiny bit afterward, but the pain was gone the next day. They knocked me out with something light. I don't remember anything besides the countdown from the anesthesiologist.