it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
The walls are closing on me. First, my mom lost her job, so my death has to be postponed. Then, SSI is run by incompetent fools who don't speak English & keep giving me the run-around. Then, the people who I rely on backstab me at every turn.

I ask for the smallest things: a kinder, more hospitable world; less money issues, etc. Yet, the world denies me these and then some. I don't want to be a multi-millionaire, I just want to quit feeling stressed, depressed, and wistful. Is that asking too much? Why do folks either ignore me or insult me? Why are our social systems so broken?

I long for death.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: wait.what, souljah222, NoDream and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life can be hell, and people can be cruel, I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. Death brings me a lot of comfort actually, knowing it is the end of this life. I wish you well.

• Love
Reactions: souljah222, Dead Meat, TooConscious and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't want to be a multi-millionaire, I just want to quit feeling stressed, depressed, and wistful. Is that asking too much?
No. Those are not unreasonable desires at all. No organism in existence deliberately chooses (or wants) to live in an environment where conditions are terrible. Evolution is a mechanic of the known universe, and this means that things are supposed to improve over time; in fact this is one of the theories as to why some members of our species left the jungle: because they no longer wished to experience the horrors of tribalism that our ancestors lived through - the violence, rape, famine and so on. Leaving behind the ways of the old paved a path for the modern world and the values and rights that come with it. Following this logic: you would also think that there would be a removal of bullying too, but this does not seem to be the case for some reason? It appears that not everyone has truly evolved beyond this.

Why are our social systems so broken?
There are multiple reasons.

Firstly: neglect; those who are responsible for maintaining the system(s) simply do not care; they may not wish to deliberately inflict harm on others, but they have no desire to help those who the system is supposed to support either - apathy.

Secondly: malice; for certain individuals it is actually the case that they want to bring harm to others (though not directly). Certain individuals and groups do not want a fair(er) society, because they tend to be those who are of a higher status. A better world would allow whoever is below them in the heirarchy to be at less of a disadvantage, and this means that they could pose a sizeable threat to any who are above them. They would have less money, they would have less status and they would have less power. A King cannot rule without any subjects.

• Love
Reactions: souljah222, Dead Meat, TooConscious and 1 other person