borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I feel completely empty, and the worst part is that nothing can fill me. Everything that used to work just makes me feel sad. Nothing brings me joy anymore, and my attention span has diminished. I don't know why I'm like this. These are supposed to be symptoms of depression, but I don't have depression. All I wanna do is go to bed and sleep forever so that I don't have to keep living or commit to killing myself, because I can't handle either.

I'm supposed to be changing my name and applying for SSDI, but I don't even have the mental energy to do the things that I like (or used to like) to do. I can't even talk to my favorite person about any of this stuff because he thinks that he's supposed to be able to "save me". I know that no one can "save me", but there's no convincing him. He wants me to get better, so I have to hide all of my problems from him and get no reassurance or affirmation of anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Aim, ElectroshockBlues, deathcalm and 17 others
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I'm sorry that you're going through this. You may not "have depression" but these are definitely signs of being depressed. It's not a good feeling all all. And not wanting to do your favorite things is absolutely heartbreaking. I've felt that feeling too before at points in my life, and it's really just awful. I feel for you. What you're dealing with is rough and I can only hope that things get better, even a little.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I'm sorry that you're going through this. You may not "have depression" but these are definitely signs of being depressed. It's not a good feeling all all. And not wanting to do your favorite things is absolutely heartbreaking. I've felt that feeling too before at points in my life, and it's really just awful. I feel for you. What you're dealing with is rough and I can only hope that things get better, even a little.
I used to be diagnosed with dysthymia, but I had my psychiatrist remove that diagnosis because I was misdiagnosed and people would use it against me. Any time I expressed a genuine desire to die, I would get told that it's just depression saying that, which is really dismissive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and trove1080p
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
This sounds like the chronic emptiness that is often characteristic of Borderline Personality Disorder.

• Hugs
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
This sounds like the chronic emptiness that is often characteristic of Borderline Personality Disorder.
You would think so, but it feels different from the normal BPD emptiness I experience. Maybe it's because I don't have a job anymore, so I'm not doing anything. It could be more pronounced because of that.

• Hugs
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I used to be diagnosed with dysthymia, but I had my psychiatrist remove that diagnosis because I was misdiagnosed and people would use it against me. Any time I expressed a genuine desire to die, I would get told that it's just depression saying that, which is really dismissive.
That really sucks man I'm sorry. It's not fair at all. And it sounds frustrating too. I really wish you the best

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, DeadlineDialer and MatrixPrisoner
Riu

Riu

Clueless
Apr 5, 2023
Hey, it's sad to see you have to feel this way. There is nothing I or anyone can really do for you except comfort you or root for you. I hope you don't give up on living. I used to feel the same way, empty. Nothing mattered to me anymore, I didn't want to go through not one more day. In times like these, it feels like all is hopeless. You see no paths you can take, nothing could possibly work out for you. It was certainly like this for me. I felt trapped and that I had no other option but to give up, and I did. But you must understand that you CAN get through this.

Suicide is always an option, of course, but I don't believe that is the best option. At least not anymore. I can't make you decide what you want to do, but if you'll listen to what I have to say, I'll be beyond grateful. There are countless things in this world that exist for you to explore and see. So many experiences you can go through. Some bad some good. Maybe there are more bad experiences than good, or maybe there are actually more good experiences than good. There is no way to really calculate it. I wish, I really do, from the bottom of my heart that everyone who gets a chance to be on this planet gets a good chance to experience everything life has to offer good or bad. I understand some people may have been dealt really bad hands in life, and so things for me might not be remotely close for others. That's why I believe that if you have the chance to become better and experience everything you can, you should take it.

I think many people are afraid they will fail, or everything will amount to nothing. I believe that isn't true. You cannot "fail" in life, I believe there is nothing you can do to fail. I believe life isn't some sort of test or competition. Nobody knows why we really are here, and I think there is really no point in trying to figure that out. I firmly believe that there is no point or meaning in anything, we are simply here by chance and we just coincidentally got the chance to live. I think everyone should just live. Just experience life. Nothing is promised in our lives, except that it will end. That is the ONLY thing we can be 100% sure of. Yes, I believe to live, is just to experience as much of this world as you can while being alive, thus, you cannot fail. It doesn't matter how far you go, so long as you make many memories that are worth remembering, good or bad.

People may think that suffering and bad experiences in life are pointless and that it is only a bad thing. I don't believe so. Happiness is not about the achievement of pleasure but about the lack of desire. You feel happy when you have no urge to feel differently. Happiness is the state you enter when you no longer want to change your state. Happiness is fleeting because we will most likely have a lot more desires. Happiness is the space between a desire being fulfilled and a new desire forming. Suffering is the space between craving a change and getting it. You cannot have happiness without suffering. I think suffering gives life some sort of value at least. I don't know, for me, I believe that if I didn't suffer in my life, I wouldn't think the way I do. I would have never learned the things I did. I would have never gained the empathy I have. Suffering is what makes great people, is it not? I've heard people say that life has too much suffering, the excess amount is meaningless. I believe so, but only if you have something outside of your control that is causing you that suffering. I'm not accusing anyone here, but just be completely honest with yourself. 100% honest. Are you the one creating this excess amount of suffering? It may not be things you've done physically, like making bad decisions. Even the way you view things. Are you always viewing things in a negative light? assuming everything to be negative before figuring it out? That's the case for me. Although I never did anything that significant to dig myself in a hole. My mindset was ruining everything for me. Although, if your excess suffering really is outside of your control, I'm sorry for you. Maybe you've been dealt a bad hand, so I cannot speak for you since my situation isn't like yours. But if you are suffering so much because of things in your control, I urge you to make an effort even if it seems impossible. It will be worth it. Don't feel bad if there are things inside your control that could be making your life harder. We can always improve. I'm not going to keep going into my thoughts about suffering though or it would be a lot longer.

I just believe that you should try. I believe you have nothing to lose from living. We only gain experiences from life, life never takes anything from us that it hasn't given us. Your looks, your friends, your home, whatever. That isn't you, that's what life has given you. If you had nothing, nothing but your mind, that's you. Everything else is from life. Living can be hard, but it can also be easy. There are definitely ways to improve your situation. I believe in you. No one can save you. They can push you, but it ultimately relies on you to get to a better place. That's why you must believe. The most powerful thing you have is your mind. Your mind shapes everything around you. I used to think everyone in my school hated me, and it seemed so. Then, I believed they didn't, and I started seeing the good in them and how they really treated me. Please, endure. Make the effort. We will all die. Nothing matters!!! Any mistakes. Any suffering. Anything on your mind right now will be gone anyway. Don't worry, just go and try experiencing what your life has to offer. You won't lose anything from that, I promise.

P.S. This does not apply to anyone who is experiencing what they are feeling because of things outside their control. If there are really so many things outside of your control that even making changes to things you can actually control doesn't work out, then don't mind anything I said. However, this doesn't mean that just because there are things outside of your control you cannot have a go at life. There are many people who have things outside of their control but just by controlling what they can, they are still making their way through life fine. Also, I would've liked to write more, but it's getting close to midnight and I need to sleep.

Sorry if anything I said was offensive, it's pretty late for me so I might not have noticed something I said was bad. (please inform me if so). I would love constructive criticism, questions, or any response because that will help me improve as a person and change for the better.

Thank you very much to anyone who has spared their time to read my message. I really do mean everything I say from the bottom of my heart. It's okay if anyone does not agree. I just want to share my thoughts and maybe change someone else's. I am just another stupid dumb person out of many who has some opinions.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DeadlineDialer
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
It sounds like you have an issue of depression and possible ADD(inattentive) from what you've described. I use to constantly lack energy and struggle to get through my tasks. That's before I tried the stimulant medications that literally got me my life back together. If focus is a reoccurring issue maybe look into it because they've helped me. Are you on antidepressants? They also help me but also cause me to be really numb to things and feel very little of anything (including joy) if Ur already on those I would maybe give them a miss unless U really urgently need to just numb everything. Main point really is if Ur feeling U can't get through life you could talk to a doctor about these things - they genuinely help a lot of people. Or perhaps therapy, learning to push yourself more? I can honestly relate to just never having energy and school for me was hell but my uni years so far have been much better even though I was a late starter.

Phantomygg

Phantomygg

Sep 21, 2023
I feel a similar emptiness and lack of energy the only thing that I found that helps is finding distractions so I can take my mind off it

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be tiring and dreadful what you are going through, I understand why you'd just wish to fall asleep eternally. But anyway best wishes.

trove1080p

trove1080p

Bread&Circuses til CTB
Sep 15, 2023
I think this chronic emptiness is characteristic of realizing the truth about the emptiness and pointlessness life.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and Hollowman
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
It sounds like you have an issue of depression and possible ADD(inattentive) from what you've described. I use to constantly lack energy and struggle to get through my tasks. That's before I tried the stimulant medications that literally got me my life back together. If focus is a reoccurring issue maybe look into it because they've helped me. Are you on antidepressants? They also help me but also cause me to be really numb to things and feel very little of anything (including joy) if Ur already on those I would maybe give them a miss unless U really urgently need to just numb everything. Main point really is if Ur feeling U can't get through life you could talk to a doctor about these things - they genuinely help a lot of people. Or perhaps therapy, learning to push yourself more? I can honestly relate to just never having energy and school for me was hell but my uni years so far have been much better even though I was a late starter.
I don't have depression, but I do have ADHD. I take adderall for it, but I rarely take it anymore.

I'm also on antidepressants, but they don't help.

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
Ah so that's probably the issue with Ur focus. ADHD meds only act when Ur using them they don't build up like in Ur system like SSRI's meaning whenever Ur off Ur meds U may be feeling inattentive.

For me, I'm on ritalin and Concertra combination (as Adderall isn't legal in Australia) it gives me a lot more energy and every day I take it. The thing with ADD meds is U need breaks to feel it more effectively. But since U don't take it very often that's a good thing. I usually take less on days where I don't have much going on whereas if I had an exam or something really important I'll take the full dosage as it's good for fatigue for a while at least.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and borderline-feline
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
I feel completely empty, and the worst part is that nothing can fill me. Everything that used to work just makes me feel sad. Nothing brings me joy anymore, and my attention span has diminished. I don't know why I'm like this. These are supposed to be symptoms of depression, but I don't have depression. All I wanna do is go to bed and sleep forever so that I don't have to keep living or commit to killing myself, because I can't handle either.

I'm supposed to be changing my name and applying for SSDI, but I don't even have the mental energy to do the things that I like (or used to like) to do. I can't even talk to my favorite person about any of this stuff because he thinks that he's supposed to be able to "save me". I know that no one can "save me", but there's no convincing him. He wants me to get better, so I have to hide all of my problems from him and get no reassurance or affirmation of anything.
Hi. Everything you've said perfectly matches up with symptoms of borderline, which is not surprising considering your username. I wish I had good advice but I don't. But I hope you can hang in there and keep battling your mental demons (mental illnesses are kind of like demons in our heads)

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Ah so that's probably the issue with Ur focus. ADHD meds only act when Ur using them they don't build up like in Ur system like SSRI's meaning whenever Ur off Ur meds U may be feeling inattentive.

For me, I'm on ritalin and Concertra combination (as Adderall isn't legal in Australia) it gives me a lot more energy and every day I take it. The thing with ADD meds is U need breaks to feel it more effectively. But since U don't take it very often that's a good thing. I usually take less on days where I don't have much going on whereas if I had an exam or something really important I'll take the full dosage as it's good for fatigue for a while at least.
Yeah, I was looking into what causes anhedonia, and found out that I was going through Adderall withdrawal since I hadn't taken it in a little over a month. I still feel hopeless though. I feel empty because I don't have anything truly fulfilling. I can't even work, so I'm stuck being a parasite until I get on disability.

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
Anhedonia is the worst... Ive experienced it and still get it to this day although one thing that helps me with it is specifically Concerta/ritalin as oppose to Vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine) (which is more similar to Adderall). The reason I've made the switch is because of the enormous amount of physical energy it gives you. Maybe switching Ur ADD meds up for a change is an idea.

Another strategy I use is giving myself a busy schedule, university has made a big difference in endlessly giving me assignments. While these might not sound fun for the average person on ADD meds its honestly something to get my head into, maybe you should sign up and do a course in something that interest you?

Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Anhedonia is the worst... Ive experienced it and still get it to this day although one thing that helps me with it is specifically Concerta/ritalin as oppose to Vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine) (which is more similar to Adderall). The reason I've made the switch is because of the enormous amount of physical energy it gives you. Maybe switching Ur ADD meds up for a change is an idea.

Another strategy I use is giving myself a busy schedule, university has made a big difference in endlessly giving me assignments. While these might not sound fun for the average person on ADD meds its honestly something to get my head into, maybe you should sign up and do a course in something that interest you?
I don't have money and can't drive, so taking any courses is out of the question for me. I'm not interested in anything they teach classes on anyway.

I'm unable to work because of my disability, so I can't have a busy schedule.

• Hugs
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
What is the nature of Ur disability? If I may ask. Maybe you can PM me it. I'm sorry that you have to feel this way, I truly hope Ur able to find something to do with your time so Ur not constantly fighting anhedonia

Edit: I still recommend the ritalin idea the dosage I'm on works best for me is 54mg Concertra per day + 2x ritalin a day taken once for a booster making the total max only slightly above 70mg (max Aus dosage) at 74mg per day. This has helped me combat anhedonia a lot better.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
What is the nature of Ur disability? If I may ask. Maybe you can PM me it. I'm sorry that you have to feel this way, I truly hope Ur able to find something to do with your time so Ur not constantly fighting anhedonia
I'm autistic, and people around me don't realize how much it impacts me. I had to quit my job because they took away an accommodation that allowed me to work (and because the HR manager was bullying me).

I can't regulate my own emotions, and I have severe sensory sensitivity, mainly for sounds. I can't even really take care of myself because I don't have the mental energy for basic personal hygiene.

• Hugs
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
Oh damn, well U know I also have autism I'm only on the spectrum slightly but I understand it's main traits of wanting familiarity and being a bit "absent minded" and "in my own world" I hear that a lot of people say. I take kratom which helps me regulate my emotions better. That's one of the things that's truly made a difference in my life. It helps me express my emotions a lot better and seriously it's worth a shot. It's hard to pick you back up on Ur own two feet but I would start by changing Adderall to ritalin for a while then you'll have more daily energy. Just bring it up with the psychiatrist that U want to try Concerta instead of the usual Adderall as U would already have the diagnosis of ADD. I think it's at least worth a try U can always switch back again.

When U say sensory sensitivity do you mean like where a motorcycle passes you and U have to block Ur ears? I can really resonate with you tbh this is a lot like me.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Oh damn, well U know I also have autism I'm only on the spectrum slightly but I understand it's main traits of wanting familiarity and being a bit "absent minded" and "in my own world" I hear that a lot of people say. I take kratom which helps me regulate my emotions better. That's one of the things that's truly made a difference in my life. It helps me express my emotions a lot better and seriously it's worth a shot. It's hard to pick you back up on Ur own two feet but I would start by changing Adderall to ritalin for a while then you'll have more daily energy. Just bring it up with the psychiatrist that U want to try Concerta instead of the usual Adderall as U would already have the diagnosis of ADD. I think it's at least worth a try U can always switch back again.

When U say sensory sensitivity do you mean like where a motorcycle passes you and U have to block Ur ears? I can really resonate with you tbh this is a lot like me.
Yeah, my sensory sensitivity is like that. I also have problems when multiple people are talking at once or when there's any bright light.

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
That really sucks I remember once there was some construction work going by and I could not take the sounds of the engine of trucks and loud construction stuff, my brain just couldn't take it and it was actually hurting. Fortunate enough for me this doesn't occur very often and most of the time I'm able to understand things. But I remember how excruciating it was.

Personally I also have sensory deprevation, some days I'm unable to get into my uni work because I feel like I can't comprehend what the teacher is talking about even if it is obvious for other non - autistic people. Probably there's a cross over between also not being able to concentrate (my ADD) and autistic issues.

Are U interested in potentially trying Concerta? It may give you a lot more physical and mental energy to help you get through the day.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
That really sucks I remember once there was some construction work going by and I could not take the sounds of the engine of trucks and loud construction stuff, my brain just couldn't take it and it was actually hurting. Fortunate enough for me this doesn't occur very often and most of the time I'm able to understand things. But I remember how excruciating it was.

Personally I also have sensory deprevation, some days I'm unable to get into my uni work because I feel like I can't comprehend what the teacher is talking about even if it is obvious for other non - autistic people. Probably there's a cross over between also not being able to concentrate (my ADD) and autistic issues.

Are U interested in potentially trying Concerta? It may give you a lot more physical and mental energy to help you get through the day.
I'm not sure about changing my meds since I just went back on Adderall. I'm worried that it might do more harm than good. I also won't be able to have appointments with my psychiatrist for a while after Halloween because of insurance issues.

Reactions: Andro_USYD
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
It's worth a shot if things aren't going too well for you but yeah I'd be hesitant to change my meds if I were U in case it doesn't agree with you, just keep it in mind that if your fatigue is too bad there's always the option to switch, I wouldn't be able to keep up or make it to classes if I switched to Vyvanse because for some reason it only gives me mental energy without any physical energy. Make sure whichever one you choose that U get some repeat scripts over the Halloween!

How is the Adderall going for you? Does it make things clearer and help? Any side effects? Anhedonia is much worse than most people can imagine and it's the 1 thing I absolutely hate, the only thing worse is being in pain. I don't know if it's just me or you get this too but literally being "bored to death" is hell for me. Time feels 'neverending' and it was worse before I made the switch to these particular ADD meds.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
It's worth a shot if things aren't going too well for you but yeah I'd be hesitant to change my meds if I were U in case it doesn't agree with you, just keep it in mind that if your fatigue is too bad there's always the option to switch, I wouldn't be able to keep up or make it to classes if I switched to Vyvanse because for some reason it only gives me mental energy without any physical energy. Make sure whichever one you choose that U get some repeat scripts over the Halloween!

How is the Adderall going for you? Does it make things clearer and help? Any side effects? Anhedonia is much worse than most people can imagine and it's the 1 thing I absolutely hate, the only thing worse is being in pain. I don't know if it's just me or you get this too but literally being "bored to death" is hell for me. Time feels 'neverending' and it was worse before I made the switch to these particular ADD meds.
The Adderall really helps, but unfortunately I still keep finding myself not wanting to do anything. I'm starting to think that I might actually have depression. I'm starting to wonder if going back to ketamine might work since my mood problems are treatment-resistant at this point. It feels like a risk since I had a problem in high school and did ketamine to run from my problems, but I also remember being pretty happy when I was using it. It's also probably a small enough dose that it won't cause problems... I think. I also worry that it might interact with my current meds in an adverse way

Last edited:
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
Actually I agree that ketamine is a good idea given Ur circumstances if Ur looking for something to relax and feel good, I checked the interactions and it doesn't really interact with ADD meds or antidepressants (as we're both on those). My experiences of ketamine were great! relaxation... and it was definitely better than valium which I'm prescribed now. It's a bit expensive to get but maybe like U said if U just keep the doses small U could potentially feel the benefits of ketamine working against depression.

Do you feel sad? I actually have another suggestion that may help U out called Kratom. It makes autism a lot easier to cope with because it really makes U talk a lot. There's a documentary on it called "A leaf of Faith" on Netflix about it, it's slightly habit forming though not addictive. No withdrawals. Helps anhedonia like A LOT. But honestly, Ive suggested it to lots of people and they've said they don't feel much. No one that's tried it with me has ever started abusing kratom. But the important thing is it makes sensory issues and socialising a lot easier. There's a lot of misinformation about it on the web when in reality Ive taken it for about 5 years and never had a single problem. If you're open to looking into it I could tell U a bit more about it but if Ur not interested that's okay as well don't want to be a negative influence.

I wouldn't suggest anything I consider dangerous.

Reactions: borderline-feline