S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I just read the news of the suicide of this girl Emilia Brangefält...she was a 21-year-old Swedish athlete who, due to a heart problem encountered last summer, could no longer run. I can't find any news about how she committed suicide, does anyone know more about it?

Reactions: Kit1
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I just read the news of the suicide of this girl Emilia Brangefält...she was a 21-year-old Swedish athlete who, due to a heart problem encountered last summer, could no longer run. I can't find any news about how she committed suicide, does anyone know more about it?
Just had a good search yet can't find any info on her ctb method.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide
Upvote 1
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
Although she got what she wanted, I still feel a little sad - probably because she felt enormous pain and fear from the fact that her world had collapsed. She was such a young girl. I have conflicting feelings, although I respect her free will. It seems to me that this is the case when a person commits suicide under the influence of emotions because of which she does not see how many other opportunities she has to realize herself in life. My decision to commit suicide was made after many years of thinking that I really wanted to do it and I had no other choice for a number of reasons, but she most likely did it under the influence of enormous stress that provoked these emotions. In any case, I admire her courage - it takes a lot of courage to kill yourself. I hope she found the peace she was looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, WAITING TO DIE, SenseOfLoss and 3 others
Upvote 1
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Although she got what she wanted, I still feel a little sad - probably because she felt enormous pain and fear from the fact that her world had collapsed.
I feel the same. Something similar has happened to me - I've been really sick for a year now, not being able to live like before and I know that it will never get better (only worse). I still struggle to set a date for my exit because of my loved ones.
This girl ended it only four months after her diagnosis. I respect her decision (after all, I came to the same conclusion in my case) but maybe she could've gotten better. Maybe she needed to wait a bit longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, WAITING TO DIE, SenseOfLoss and 2 others
Upvote 0
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
It seems to me that this is the case when a person commits suicide under the influence of emotions because of which she does not see how many other opportunities she has to realize herself in life.
Yeah and still she was able to attempt suicide and die at what it seems her first try,I am very sorry for the pain she went throught with her not being able to run anymore to the tragic decision to take her own life...
This girl ended it only four months after her diagnosis
Yeah I envy her for this because I am struggling in ctb since years now and for this i was curious about how she suicided...
In any case I agree about the fact that waiting a bit longer would have been better,she was only 21yrs old... :/

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Kit1 and Orbitc
Upvote 0
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
I feel the same. Something similar has happened to me - I've been really sick for a year now, not being able to live like before and I know that it will never get better (only worse). I still struggle to set a date for my exit because of my loved ones.
This girl ended it only four months after her diagnosis. I respect her decision (after all, I came to the same conclusion in my case) but maybe she could've gotten better. Maybe she needed to wait a bit longer.
Yes, sometimes it's worth waiting a little - although I'm in pretty good health, I still sometimes suffer from rheumatism and autoimmune anemia, nevertheless - I'm quite strong physically. And I'm used to thinking like that. It turns out I had a spinal injury and I thought that I was dying of rheumatism and would remain disabled - then the MRI showed that I had a fracture of one vertebra and everything healed in a month - but I thought that it was time to hang myself because I became disabled like my grandmother because of reumatism))) if we are talking about a physical illness, then it's really worth waiting - the body's strength can surprise you. I also had a stroke (due to taking oral contraceptives), fortunately my speech was restored, but my facial muscles were a little damaged and now I have no wrinkles, although all my friends at this age already use a ton of Botox))

But if we are talking about psychological injuries, then with this is much more complicated, unfortunately.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, S like suicide and Kit1
Upvote 0
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Yes, sometimes it's worth waiting a little - although I'm in pretty good health, I still sometimes suffer from rheumatism and autoimmune anemia, nevertheless - I'm quite strong physically. And I'm used to thinking like that. It turns out I had a spinal injury and I thought that I was dying of rheumatism and would remain disabled - then the MRI showed that I had a fracture of one vertebra and everything healed in a month - but I thought that it was time to hang myself because I became disabled like my grandmother because of reumatism))) if we are talking about a physical illness, then it's really worth waiting - the body's strength can surprise you. I also had a stroke (due to taking oral contraceptives), fortunately my speech was restored, but my facial muscles were a little damaged and now I have no wrinkles, although all my friends at this age already use a ton of Botox))

But if we are talking about psychological injuries, then with this is much more complicated, unfortunately.
Wow...you went throught a lot phisically!i am very glad your body found a way to recover🤗

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Upvote 0
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
There are many people, myself included, who have something taken from them overnight that was very important to them or that defined them. The loss is so painful that life becomes a torment and the only way is to free themselves from this pain.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: random_user, VidFlumina, beelzebul and 3 others
Upvote 0
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yeah,probably they want to keep
private how she committed suicide
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I guess it was her family needing privacy, or maybe the government not wanting a possible controversial method being reported on. Shame for her though, looked like she was set to have a good life then shit happened.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I've never understood the curiosity of these questions

Upvote 0