cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Disclaimer: I don't believe in the afterlife because there is no evidence to support it, therefore this post assumes it doesn't exist. If you do believe in an afterlife or are religious/spiritual, kindly disregard this thread. I don't want this to be a debate or derailed.

Any advice for preparing to embrace the infinite oblivion that comes with death? My date to CTB is coming soon and honestly that scares me more than actually dying/killing myself, which is the only thing making me reluctant at this point. This is a fairly new fear too. I don't care that I won't be able to physically sense things, it's more so the fact that my consciousness/cognition will be gone. It's hard to wrap my head around that as a hard-headed human.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForestLove, therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can and 8 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Disclaimer: I don't believe in the afterlife because there is no evidence to support it, therefore this post assumes it doesn't exist. If you do believe in an afterlife or are religious/spiritual, kindly disregard this thread. I don't want this to be a debate or derailed.

Any advice for preparing to embrace the infinite oblivion that comes with death? My date to CTB is coming soon and honestly that scares me more than actually dying/killing myself, which is the only thing making me reluctant at this point. This is a fairly new fear too. I don't care that there that I won't be able to physically sense things, it's more so the fact that my consciousness/cognition will be gone. It's hard to wrap my head around that as a hard-headed human.
Try and compare it to how it was before you were born.

Reactions: meaningisgone, therhydler, Deleted member 4993 and 7 others
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Try and compare it to how it was before you were born.
haha I've done that. But then inveitably I start to also compare to when I am alive and capable of thinking things, imagining etc. I like being cognizant, but I hate the material part of being alive which is why I want and plan to CTB.

Reactions: ForestLove, therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
That's a problem for Dead You to worry about, and Dead You won't have the capacity to care. :)

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, meaningisgone, EmotionlessWanderer and 8 others
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
That's a problem for Dead You to worry about, and Dead You won't have the capacity to care. :)
That's the point that I think everyone is misunderstanding. I'm well aware of that. The issue is that it's sort of stopping me from CTB, and I gotta go. I won't argue with the suggestion(not saying that you specifically are suggesting this) that it's not my time to go based on the fact that I fear the void, because I really have to leave.

Reactions: therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can, NumbItAll and 1 other person
W

wiroho

Student
Jan 27, 2019
Do you like sleeping?

I think you should not think much about and you are dying anway some day.

In the end we don't even know if it's nothingness there are more options than afterlife like being new born or wake up in other dimension just think about you wake up in new dimension with 1 billion dollars and not fucked up inside your head.

What's your method?

Reactions: xb243, Redt2go, BaconCheeseburger and 2 others
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Do you like sleeping?

I think you should not think much about and you are dying anway some day.

In the end we don't even know if it's nothingness there are more options than afterlife like being new born or wake up in other dimension just think about you wake up in new dimension with 1 billion dollars and not fucked up inside your head.

What's your method?
Didn't want to touch on the afterlife question as mentioned in the disclaimer. I won't state my method here as I don't want to deviate from the intial post at hand. Thanks for replying =)

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
You know how you slip into nonexistence when you're asleep, and only when you wake up you're "alive" again? I'd picture it being something like that. If you're not comfortable with it, delay. But eventually it will happen regardless of how or later which is such a strange concept to try to accept, grasp, and understand on its own. You could be 80 and clinging to life out of the same fear. Maybe read some articles on how to accept ones own death? That's the rabbit hole I wandered into the other night.

Reactions: xb243, BaconCheeseburger, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
You know how you slip into nonexistence when you're asleep, and only when you wake up you're "alive" again? I'd picture it being something like that. If you're not comfortable with it, delay. But eventually it will happen regardless of how or later which is such a strange concept to try to accept, grasp, and understand on its own. You could be 80 and clinging to life out of the same fear. Maybe read some articles on how to accept ones own death? That's the rabbit hole I wandered into the other night.
Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
2 be or not

2 be or not

Nov 25, 2018
cherub said:
... My date to CTB is coming soon and honestly that scares me more than actually dying/killing myself, which is the only thing making me reluctant at this point. This is a fairly new fear too. ...

Perhaps your mind is telling you that your date is premature? Instead of setting a date to CTB, maybe try an event based decision?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Weeping Garbage Can
cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Perhaps your mind is telling you that your date is premature? Instead of setting a date to CTB, maybe try an event based decision?
Hmm... I suppose that approach would ease my mind of the anxiety I have about the oblivion, but I'm also trying to CTB before my birthday(which is soon) because I know that sort of event will trigger a very bad breakdown(that I really really don't want or need to experience). Conflicting feelings here. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I embrace the void. What troubles me is that if this universe and our consciousnesses came from nothing once, what's to stop it from happening again?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I embrace the void. What troubles me is that if this universe and our consciousnesses came from nothing once, what's to stop it from happening again?
There is the loop theory which basically means the universe is forever creating and destructing for infinity.

Reactions: Redt2go, Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Wallflower

Wallflower

Feb 10, 2019
remember, whether you live or die, there is always a sacrifice.

if you choose to live, you have to make the sacrifice of going through pain.
if you choose to die, you make the choice of not being alive.

the right choice is whatever you decide on, don't let yourself be influenced by people that may not know about your situation. only you can pick the right one.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, xb243 and Redt2go