E

exitplease

Wanderer
Jul 10, 2023
I met this awesome person at an event recently. We were both very drunk and got talking about things. To cut a long story short - she disclosed to me that she is a part of a suicide forum and has found it instrumental to her MH recovery journey. l literally thought she meant this place. She spoke of how taking away a suicidal person's agency is the worst thing you can do to them. Yes! I thought. A pro-choicer!

I was so fucking excited to meet an actual real life human from SS! I've only ever interacted with other members online (as I'm sure most have).

Anyway, I didn't think twice about it, but I told her about an SN situation that was unfolding, thinking she would just get it.

But no. I was wrong. She literally told me to call the suicide line, listed their number, and advised me to seek support from them.

I can't even describe to you how repulsed and humiliated I felt! VOMIT๐Ÿคฎ

The pro-life attitude makes me sick. It's nothing personal - she really is lovely and had good intentions, but damn. I do not associate with pro-lifers anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Moonshinee, Aim, Pluto and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm also disgusted by those people and their insensitive toxic positivity, I cannot stand people who refuse to accept suicide as a valid option even know the reality is that nobody is obligated to continue existing here until they cease existing anyway.

Aim

Aim

๐Ÿค
Sep 12, 2023
I asked my chiropractor out in a date once. ๐Ÿ™Š it was both fun, and a tiny bit to embarresing afterwards. To say the least, without going into to much details about that ๐Ÿ˜…

Woops ๐Ÿ˜…โค๏ธoh well, that sucks! She probably at least thinks nothing bad about you, other than that she instinctual wanted to help.

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
The hotline is like a life ring on a pier. If someone is in peril, throw it to them.
Not many people will look past your first statement, wonder why and how, and continue the conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalista
qw3rty259

qw3rty259

๐•ญ๐–Ž๐–Œ ๐•ฑ๐–†๐–™ ๐•ท๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž ๐•ต๐–š๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–ž ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–ˆ๐–โœจ
Jun 19, 2023
She's weird, she contradicted herself, judging from your words. And what forum did she mean then btw?

nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

๐ŸŒŒ Pernicious Nightbringer ๐ŸŒŒ
Dec 7, 2023
Just got second hand embarrassment, I'm real sorry about that man. It's fully your choice on what you do and don't do and I'm sorry she pushed her ideals on you.