Somethingswrong

Somethingswrong

Sep 28, 2024
I deleted a message that I sent to my sister asking about what it felt like to die bc she did so twice, and she just answered. I thought it stupid and deleted it but Ig it didn't delete from her phone. I asked her bc I felt like I almost died when I had covid last week. I'm so embarrassed!! And just when I worked up the energy to shower too, ugh. I'm so embarrassing!

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, Hero Remeer and Praestat_Mori
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
That doesn't seem particularly embarrassing to me, so I'd try not to get too upset about it. And very honestly, I think it's good to ask such questions. This is an area where there aren't definitive answers. It's also something that your sister may want to talk about, but may fear bringing it up, so by you asking, you may be giving her a chance to open up and share.

Much more importantly, how did your sister respond?
Did she answer your questions?
Did she ask why you were asking?
Did she seem upset that you asked?

Also, just to be clear, if she's alive after those experiences, than she technically didn't actually die, she's only had "near death" experiences :wink: and those can vary a whole heck of a lot! (For example, I was declared braindead for 2.5 days, but obviously I'm alive at this point. For me, it was complete nothingness, i.e. utter nonexistence, which is exactly what I wanted and expected, the only problem was returning to this world. Others claim to have seen a light, been greeted by friends and relatives who have died, etc. But again, if someone is telling you their experience, then -by definition- they haven't really died, at most they've had near death experiences.)

Reactions: Somethingswrong
Somethingswrong

Somethingswrong

Sep 28, 2024
That doesn't seem particularly embarrassing to me, so I'd try not to get too upset about it. And very honestly, I think it's good to ask such questions. This is an area where there aren't definitive answers. It's also something that your sister may want to talk about, but may fear bringing it up, so by you asking, you may be giving her a chance to open up and share.

Much more importantly, how did your sister respond?
Did she answer your questions?
Did she ask why you were asking?
Did she seem upset that you asked?

Also, just to be clear, if she's alive after those experiences, than she technically didn't actually die, she's only had "near death" experiences :wink: and those can vary a whole heck of a lot! (For example, I was declared braindead for 2.5 days, but obviously I'm alive at this point. For me, it was complete nothingness, i.e. utter nonexistence, which is exactly what I wanted and expected, the only problem was returning to this world. Others claim to have seen a light, been greeted by friends and relatives who have died, etc. But again, if someone is telling you their experience, then -by definition- they haven't really died, at most they've had near death experiences.)
My sister is still alive and by the doctors she was pronounce dead twice her heart had stopped and everything, but I can get where you're coming from. She didn't ask why I was asking and idk if she seemed upset she is a hard book to read over text. And she did answer my question.

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar
Somethingswrong

Somethingswrong

Sep 28, 2024
Most of us are. When face-to-face, or even with audio, there are so many more nonverbal clues.

Awesome! Do you feel like her answer was insightful or helpful for you?
Very, when I felt like I was dying I had some of the same things which makes me think I could've been having a near death experience

W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
I'm so glad to hear that you got the information that you were seeking, and found it useful! (And it doesn't sound like she was offended or upset that you asked.)

If you're near your sister, or have phone calls with her, I'd encourage you to also ask some follow-up questions. Doing so may prove helpful for both of you.

Reactions: Somethingswrong