• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DaisanNoBakudan

May 22, 2020
I was thinking of using electrocution to ctb with a death cable. My plan would be to place one of the leads above my heart on the front side of my chest and place the other lead in the same place on my back, then once ready I would plug it in. Any thoughts on this method?

kcn2020

kcn2020

Aug 16, 2020
This is a stupid idea for several reasons. First, you're planning to use the main from your house, which deliver a low voltage of around 120V. This is not usually enough to kill you quickly and painlessly. Second, unless you are directly connected to the cables coming to your home before the circuit breaker, you will usually just do a short circuit and trigger the circuit breaker.

Third, I think you're too inexperienced to consider electrocution. You will torture yourself and/or set the fire to your house.

Reactions: Taki
D

DaisanNoBakudan

May 22, 2020
This is a stupid idea for several reasons. First, you're planning to use the main from your house, which deliver a low voltage of around 120V. This is not usually enough to kill you quickly and painlessly. Second, unless you are directly connected to the cables coming to your home before the circuit breaker, you will usually just do a short circuit and trigger the circuit breaker.

Third, I think you're too inexperienced to consider electrocution. You will torture yourself and/or set the fire to your house.
Dang... Oh well i was just spitballing

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
Electrocution in the bath usually works- someone on here said modern appliances are designed to cut out if they hit water, but look at the cases of youngsters killed in the bath when they are using an iphone with charger plugged. As a method of suicide i find it quite shocking. ( pun intended)

M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018

Not sure why you're being so harsh. The amperage matters more than the voltage, though both play a role. Path and duration also matter. You are correct in saying that it would trip the breaker, but that occurs after a short duration of time (enough time to feel something). Still, I personally would not recommend electricity.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
D

DaisanNoBakudan

May 22, 2020
Not sure why you're being so harsh. The amperage matters more than the voltage, though both play a role. Path and duration also matter. You are correct in saying that it would trip the breaker, but that occurs after a short duration of time (enough time to feel something). Still, I personally would not recommend electricity.
Just wondering but, would there be a placement for the wires that would make the method more effective?

kcn2020

kcn2020

Aug 16, 2020
Just wondering but, would there be a placement for the wires that would make the method more effective?

Your original placement was maybe the most effective but I am not a medical expert and I prefer not to say bullshit to be honest. I think you're too inexperienced to consider death by this method.

Electrocution with the method you mentioned is likely to be very painful.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've read this entire conversation and had a thought: there's this guy on youtube messing with electricity, but he constantly fucks up in various ways that are supposed to be amusing.
If I were, however, to take his methods of fucking up and push them to the extreme, would it work?

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Most people who die at home from electrocution get "stuck' on a circuit by having one hand on one side of the circuit, and the other hand on the other side of the circuit. The ensuing current flowing through your body overrides your nervous system, causing you to lose control of the muscles which have the current passing through. This causes a "death grip" in the case mentioned, because you cannot voluntarily let go of the circuit. Current passing across your chest (arm to arm) causes the heart to go into fibrillation. If you are not removed from the circuit, you will eventually die due to an artificially induced heart attack. Even if you are removed, sometimes the heart does not come out of fibrillation on its own. In that case, unless you receive defibrillation from EMT personnel, you will still die.

In most cases, only 5 thousandths of a ampere of electricity is necessary to kill you, which is six tenths of a watt, which is about the amount of power that a single sub-miniature Christmas light bulb consumes. The statement that the circuit breaker will trip, is grossly incorrect.

I am a retired electronic engineer, and I got into the "death grip" scenario I mentioned. I was on the circuit for what seemed like an eternity, because it was SO painful, but people around me tell me they estimate it to be about 10 seconds. I was saved by someone who pulled the plug of the circuit I was on. I turned as white as a sheet, and couldn't breathe after I came off, but fortunately, my heart came out of fibrillation on its own, and after a few minutes, was fully recovered. After going through that pain, I would NEVER consider using electricity to ctb.

I don't know if electricity passing front to back will have the same effect on the heart as passing from side to side, as happened to me. I would suggest locating the electrodes under each armpit, to duplicate the side to side scenario.

I would also like to suggest a less painful method.

Reactions: nolifer, eternalflame, Kennish and 1 other person
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Ex electrician here. I don't recommend trying this, and especially not with higher voltage cables like on railways or pylons, it literally cooks you from the inside out at those voltages and people often survive it because it throws them off the conductor. That would be horrendously painful.

In any case theoretically you'd need the current to go across your heart, so you were talking about front to back - getting the conductors to stay in place would be a problem.

The other way would be across the heart side to side, e.g. conductor (live) wrapped around left wrist, other conductor (neutral) wrapped around right wrist.

Still not something I'd like to try.

It only takes a few volts to stop the heart, there have been cases where cattle have died when there's been a fault on a pylon or the wooden poles that carry conductors and electricital current has been going to ground.

The animals walked to a point in the field where the soil changed to clay, so their back legs were on the soil and front legs on the clay (or vice versa), which created a potential difference of a few volts (like under 20) across their heart and that was enough to kill them.

Again this is not a method I would try.

Reactions: eternalflame and infinitelove
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
I've read this entire conversation and had a thought: there's this guy on youtube messing with electricity, but he constantly fucks up in various ways that are supposed to be amusing.
If I were, however, to take his methods of fucking up and push them to the extreme, would it work?
You're thinking of ElectroBOOM but I don't think he ever legit hurts himself. I think it's all for effect. And it works because he's flipping hilarious. In a honesty shock death seems rough and painful unless you can guarantee a really high output.

Reactions: itachi of death
kcn2020

kcn2020

Aug 16, 2020
Why do you say this?
How do you know how experienced/inexperienced he is?

Because the method he mentioned in his first post is unreliable, unsafe and likely to cause extreme pain. Suicide by electrocution is a no-go unless you have access to an high power source, like train overhead transformers, which delivers several thousand of volts and up to several hundred of amperes. This way, death could be immediate and effective.

The main delivers a low voltage (between 120V and 230V) along with a low intensity (max. 16A although 0.5A is enough to kill). I was shocked multiple times with the main and I didn't die. I am not sure of the minimum time of exposure to ensure death by either fibrillation or respiratory failure. I wouldn't try it.

Last edited:
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018

If you mean the ElectroBoom youtuber, I think he is a professional electrical engineer and knows what he's doing.