• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SuperioS

SuperioS

Jan 16, 2024
Recently I was with a friend and we helped another friend of his to clean something. He lives on a main street where a lot of buses drive and he told us that we shouldn't hold the water hose that we had to these electricity things for the buses, just for fun because that could be fatal. I had also seen a video where Someone held a metal rod to it and was immediately electrified, so my question is if you could die that easaly by holding like a metal rod up there or somethihg like that

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can certainly die by electrocution. I don't know the specifics of what you're talking about with these buses, as far as how much voltage and amperage they use, so have no idea if it would be enough to kill you. But, people have and do die from by being electrocuted all the time. I don't think it's a pleasant death, though. They did away with the electric chair here in the US years ago for death row inmates because the courts ruled it was cruel and unusual punishment. I think your insides literally fry. Even your nails can pop off. It's like torture. Most people looking to kill themselves try and find a more peaceful method. Had a friend years ago die by electrocution. He was an electrician. He was up on one of those "boom", or lifts, from a truck and the boom accidentally made contact with high voltage wires. Not sure his death was instant, or not, tbh. I'm sure coworkers and rescue workers, at least, tried life saving techniques. And I don't know what it felt like for him, and don't want to know, really. Sounds like a brutal way to die.

Reactions: Edpal247
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
I think that video you saw was a fake. The electric buses that run off overhead wires are generally running off DC voltage, which does not seek ground.

T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
I think that video you saw was a fake. The electric buses that run off overhead wires are generally running off DC voltage, which does not seek ground.
DC voltage can kill just like AC, it's the amount of current flowing that counts.

Reactions: Edpal247
T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
True. But only touvhing one of the lines shouldn't electrocute you. I believe.
Only if you are grounded, like wearing rubber soled shoes or something. If the current can pass thru you to the ground, or say you held onto a metal pole with the other hand, the current has a path and will fry you.

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Only if you are grounded, like wearing rubber soled shoes or something. If the current can pass thru you to the ground, or say you held onto a metal pole with the other hand, the current has a path and will fry you.
Usually DC doesn't seek ground, AFAIK

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The electric buses that run off overhead wires are generally running off DC voltage, which does not seek ground.
Usually DC doesn't seek ground, AFAIK
Any electrical potential seeks ground. Thunderbolts are also DC. Even electrostatic voltage seeks ground that's y it can happen that you get electrified when you touch a car door or other things that have electrical potential.

L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
A guy once told me that when he was a kid, his neighbor was trying to fix his doorbell. Instant death. No idea of the voltage or current.