S

someone02

Aug 12, 2020
Hello everyone here,

I am new to this forum and this is a method question..
If you want to read what I actually want, you can jump to "Get to the point".

First I want to apologize for my possibly bad English as it isn't my native language. Altough not recommended by Rules and FAQ I will use Google Translator sometimes. Sorry for that, this isn't meant as disrespect to your language. It's rather a lack of English speaking skills and a lack of energy.

Get to the point:
Is it possible with electrical current which comes out of the 230 V-socket at home here in Europe?
Insert 2 metal rods into the socket and then take hold of them?

Is it correct that this leads to ventricular fibrillation? And then cardiac arrest?
How sure is it that both will occur? Can you survive that and then suffer permanent damage?

And one final overlying question that can ruin all of this:
Should it really be possible that way? Would you equip apartments with it (with power sockets), when one could kill himself with them?
Bridges, skyscrapers, pharmacological agents, CO are all secured against access for obvious reasons.

Ok, these are my questions.
Thanks in advance for your replie(s).
someone02

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As far as electricity is concerned, it isn't really recommended as a method due to the reliability as well as discomfort and pain (plus there is still a fair chance of failure). As for electrical currents, in the US (and in North America), I believe the voltage is 120V instead of 230V (where it is in the EU) and home currents while it may result in death, it is not guaranteed as one would likely just be badly injured and survive with horrific injuries.

Reactions: Isadeth
0siris

0siris

O V E R
Apr 23, 2019
In most (if not all) european countries RCDs are mandatory for domestic electrical installations. They are installed to protect humans against electrical shocks. RCD's are designed to disconnect the conducting wires in only 30ms to prevent serious injury.
I already got a few electric shocks and am still alive :D

You can read about it here:

Also, the lethality of an electric shock is dependent on several variables:

Current, Voltage, Pathway, Medical implants, age etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
S

someone02

Aug 12, 2020
The RCDs are another concern I had left open.

Many years ago new electrical "facilities" were installed in my apartment.
And they instructed me to connect the washing machine to a certain power socket, which they told me is connected to a RCD.

Till this point I only knew about electrical fuses and don't know what's the difference.

I am about completely convinced, that this is no method of choice.

Furthermore I thought about using a Overhead power line. But there are still too many uncertainties too for that.
I can't imagine to climb such a "building". And I have also read that some of them transport such high voltages so that only approaching them (and not touching) causes an electric shock, which I assume could be to short to cause death and - again - only leave me behind with permanent injuries.

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Painful .... unreliable .... and ..... scary sensation while simultaneously painful. At higher voltages body parts often melt/blow off due to electrical arching and internal organs are damaged. Many live though the experience only to live as maimed cripples or die slow, agonizing deaths in hospital.

• Wow
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
S

someone02

Aug 12, 2020
My life is agonizing too :-(

Sorry for getting irrelevant. I'm simply feeling very bad seeing I have to continue "living" that way for the rest of my life.
I feel much worse now than before I started writing in this forum today.

It seems, that I should not drive in two directions.
I'm about to try to solve my problems.
But I wanted to make sure to have the option to get out of all this when I get to this point again. I have been there often enough.

It seems I have to stop my activity in this forum as fast as I have started it.

It can only hope my account won't get deleted because of inactivity.

Last edited:
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
230V is not high enough. I dissuade using electricity to kill yourself due to extremely intense pain. I've been shocked by 230 V once. At my top list of the most painful experiences there was severe pneumonia and morphine withdrawal stomach cramps on first place. But now I know these pains are nothing compared to the pain of electric current tearing apart your nerves. It's literally the worst thing ever.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, LetzteAusfahrt and TrailerTrash