E

Escapist

Aug 10, 2020
What are the risks with causing an electric shock to ones self? This would be easy to do with household items, such as a kettle.

The impact could be amplified by putting a plastic bag over ones head, just to add another layer of security.

The first risk I can think of is that it could cause a fire, so it would be nice to choose a time and place where the lives of others would not be needlessly endangered by the fire.

The good side of the method is that the impact is so sudden and irreversible once it starts. No need for anything else than setting the thing up and then grabbing it and the electricity will take care of the rest. I have no fear of electricity, so it would be psychologically easy to do.

Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Sounds painful though.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
What are the risks with causing an electric shock to ones self? This would be easy to do with household items, such as a kettle.

The impact could be amplified by putting a plastic bag over ones head, just to add another layer of security.

The first risk I can think of is that it could cause a fire, so it would be nice to choose a time and place where the lives of others would not be needlessly endangered by the fire.

The good side of the method is that the impact is so sudden and irreversible once it starts. No need for anything else than setting the thing up and then grabbing it and the electricity will take care of the rest. I have no fear of electricity, so it would be psychologically easy to do.
I think most household items don't have a high enough voltage to cause death by electric shock, or have short-circuit mechanisms to prevent prolonged exposure to electric currents.
Most likely you will just get a severe burn and it will hurt a lot and you will end up in hospital.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
There was a good post on here at the weekend about something inside of a microwave causing a lethal shock.

Reactions: checkouttime
E

Escapist

Aug 10, 2020
I think most household items don't have a high enough voltage to cause death by electric shock, or have short-circuit mechanisms to prevent prolonged exposure to electric currents.
Most likely you will just get a severe burn and it will hurt a lot and you will end up in hospital.

I think I know how to tamper with a kettle in away that the short-circuit mechanisms doesn't work. It's not that hard. I'm feeling a bit conflicted about sharing the knowledge here.

The electricity that goes into household items is lethal, if the conditions are ideal. I've read accounts of accidents that had the same conditions that I intend to create, and those ended up in death.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I think I know how to tamper with a kettle in away that the short-circuit mechanisms doesn't work. It's not that hard. I'm feeling a bit conflicted about sharing the knowledge here.

The electricity that goes into household items is lethal, if the conditions are ideal. I've read accounts of accidents that had the same conditions that I intend to create, and those ended up in death.
Yes, it might be lethal, but how reliable is it?
I don't actually know much about this, but it seems to me there is a chance of survival and bad injury even if you tamper with the electrical components.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you use the site search there have been several informative discussions.

B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
Not the same, but I had ect which is electric shock therapy to the brain. It hurts lol

T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
Not the same, but I had ect which is electric shock therapy to the brain. It hurts lol
did u have any memory loss with this? how many rounds did u do? if u don't mind me asking