ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
dont know if any of you guys and gals will remember or be old enough to remember mash the us comedy sitcom, but that song hits different when your in our perilous position of wanting death (suicide is painless), i wish it were so, but how eerie of a song is that, considering it was set in war times ? your thoughts ?

Reactions: waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
One of my high school friends triggered gigantic interventions by writing the song lyrics on the back of an exam... supposedly "for no particular reason," but not really (or at least I didn't think so).

Reruns of the television show play a significant part in my memories of a certain period in my life. Great show (IMO).

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, ever so lonely and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I have seen some of the TV show as it is in constant syndication. I originally didn't know it had lyrics.
I don't think they use the vocals in the series, just an instrumental.
I've never seen the movie... Maybe some day.
I stumbled across a CD in a bargain bin with It on, sometimes I listen to it in the car. If I'm online I sometimes listen to it on YouTube.
I'm the king of finding depressing music on Youtube.:wink:
I think I read somewhere that it was a poem written by the directors son and he had someone put music with it.

Reactions: ever so lonely
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It is indeed very eerie. I found the whole show both comforting and eerie at the same time in it's dissonant concept, and the theme song only adds to it.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and ever so lonely