• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Some time ago I raved in the chatbox and discord channel, singing songs of praise about tea with milk and butter, it's deliciousness and the weird side effect of ghostly head patting.
I've attempted this again, and it's happening AGAIN.
And so, I've developed a hypothesis. Now I want to try this on other people and see if I get similar results to what I experienced on myself.

Hypothesis: tea with four tea spoons of sugar, butter, and milk could work as a semi decent, short-to-medium range "antidepressant".

Method: Materials needed: butter, milk, sugar, Earl Gray tea. Good ol' Lipton black tea works, I'm just a fan of Earl Gray more. Possibly an addict.
Cut a 2x2x4 centimeter chunk of butter, drop sugar and tea in a mug, boil water. Once water is boiled, drop the butter into the mug, and pour water on it while stirring slowly. Leave about 1.5-2cm from desired amount, and fill the rest with milk. Just a splash.

Results on myself: elevated mood, feeling like I just ate a decent meal, my eyeballs felt oily, and for whatever reason, I felt like someone or something is gently patting my head. Ghostly head pats. Other than oily eyeballs it was an overall pleasant experience. I made sure to let that out of my system by waiting four days to try again. Four days was not enough (or I was not hungry enough) as this time the ghostly head pats were weaker.

All in all - 9.9/10 experience.
Despite the fact tea with butter sounds like a war crime, please try it and report with results.

Last edited:
Reactions: agreement, lady_godiva, brighter and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm sitting here wondering if this is an early April Fools thing and if I should try it...

Am loving the phrase "oily eyeballs" may I borrow it to use? It's fabulous

Reactions: agreement, lady_godiva, brighter and 1 other person
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
I'm sitting here wondering if this is an early April Fools thing and if I should try it...

I loved the post, but sadly I can't take part in the experiment for 3 reasons:
- I don't like black tea
- I like black tea with milk and that much sugar even less.
- even if I did, I can't imagine putting that much butter in it

Basically I would barf my heart out :D

Reactions: Minudah, lady_godiva and brighter
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
I don't know about you lots but it seems harmless and moi is going to trott off now to try tea with butter, milk and sugar. Any further instructions before I go ahead and possibly poison myself? :):)

Reactions: agreement, lady_godiva and Whatshername
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
I don't know about you lots but it seems harmless and moi is going to trott off now to try tea with butter, milk and sugar. Any further instructions before I go ahead and possibly poison myself? :):)

Yay, OP has his first volunteer :-)
Good luck!

Reactions: agreement and brighter
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
I'm sorry it took me so long to brew a cuppa but I had to make sure the coast was clear lest someone catch me and discover the true extent of my insanity :D
So, I'm writing this whilst sipping the potion. It tastes good to me, truth be told. Decent. Not bad at all Whatshername :)

Reactions: agreement, lady_godiva and Whatshername
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019

Try it it's not half bad. Small doses though. Tastes a leeeetle bit oily tbh

brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
Some time ago I raved in the chatbox and discord channel, singing songs of praise about tea with milk and butter, it's deliciousness and the weird side effect of ghostly head patting.
I've attempted this again, and it's happening AGAIN.
And so, I've developed a hypothesis. Now I want to try this on other people and see if I get similar results to what I experienced on myself.

Hypothesis: tea with four tea spoons of sugar, butter, and milk could work as a semi decent, short-to-medium range "antidepressant".

Method: Materials needed: butter, milk, sugar, Earl Gray tea. Good ol' Lipton black tea works, I'm just a fan of Earl Gray more. Possibly an addict.
Cut a 2x2x4 chunk of butter, drop sugar and tea in a mug, boil water. Once water is boiled, drop the butter into the mug, and pour water on it while stirring slowly. Leave about 1.5-2cm from desired amount, and fill the rest with milk. Just a splash.

Results on myself: elevated mood, feeling like I just ate a decent meal, my eyeballs felt oily, and for whatever reason, I felt like someone or something is gently patting my head. Ghostly head pats. Other than oily eyeballs it was an overall pleasant experience. I made sure to let that out of my system by waiting four days to try again. Four days was not enough (or I was not hungry enough) as this time the ghostly head pats were weaker.

All in all - 9.9/10 experience.
Despite the fact tea with butter sounds like a war crime, please try it and report with results.
Done. Completed. Finito. I'll move over and make way for the next guinea pig. So who's next? :)

Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
I'm sorry it took me so long to brew a cuppa but I had to make sure the coast was clear lest someone catch me and discover the true extent of my insanity :D
So, I'm writing this whilst sipping the potion. It tastes good to me, truth be told. Decent. Not bad at all Whatshername :)

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I understood the 2x2x4 chunk in cm. That seems a lot for a mug, brrrrrr... Glad you liked it though :)

Reactions: brighter
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Just noticed a small problem: I meant 2x2x4 centimeter chunk of butter, not like... 2x2x4 full bricks of butter. Lol

Reactions: brighter and Whatshername
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Just noticed a small problem: I meant 2x2x4 centimeter chunk of butter, not like... 2x2x4 full bricks of butter. Lol

That's how I understood it, I still can't imagine it in one single mug :)

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I've already tried this, but it was with Kava tea which has its own effects by itself, so I can't really give an accurate response right now. I'll give this a try later when I make some tea

Reactions: brighter and SeekingSolace
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Holy shit, you have oily eyeballs and a ghost is patting your head? And you want us to try this why? Sounds terrifying.

Reactions: brighter, Norest4thewicked, SeekingSolace and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Holy shit, you have oily eyeballs and a ghost is patting your head? And you want us to try this why? Sounds terrifying.

well, how else is one to experience this very specific, once in a lifetime, strange thrill? I'm goin in

Reactions: brighter, SeekingSolace, Whatshername and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Tbf, it was a nice, kind of grandfatherly head pats.

Reactions: brighter, Whatshername and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Tbf, it was a nice, kind of grandfatherly head pats.

Lol, you know what? I changed my mind. I'm going out grocery shopping in few minutes and will buy some black tea for the first time in 15 years. I just need to experience the oily eyeballs and the grandfatherly head pats❤️ I will not forgive you if I end up puking :D

SeekingSolace

SeekingSolace

‘The sleep of reason breeds monsters’ -Goya
Jan 28, 2019
Lol, you know what? I changed my mind. I'm going out grocery shopping in few minutes and will buy some black tea for the first time in 15 years. I just need to experience the oily eyeballs and the grandfatherly head pats❤️ I will not forgive you if I end up puking :D

Haha I look forward to hearing about your experience. ^—^

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
alright, here we go.

20190214 093705
usual tea setup + butter (I cut it down to the 2x2x3 block, per your suggestion)

20190214 095217
hmmm...

I only made it through about half before dumping it out, I couldn't handle the flavor/grease factor. No noticeable effects other than feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Sorry @Compodulator, I gave it an honest shot

Reactions: brighter, Whatshername, SeekingSolace and 1 other person
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Just came home, water is boiling. We will see in a few minutes.

Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
All right... Drinking it as I type. Not as disgusting as I feared, though I admit I used less butter. I can't say I'm enjoying it, but good for my daily fluid intake.:D no head pats though :(

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'll upload a pic of my product next week or so. It's nowhere as yellow as what happens here. o_o
We have different butters, it seems.

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Sorry but can't say I liked it either.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Am really enjoying this thread. @Willow you make me laugh: "usual tea set up + butter"

Lol!!!

You are all v brave

Reactions: brighter and wiIIow
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Am really enjoying this thread. @Willow you make me laugh: "usual tea set up + butter"

Lol!!!

You are all v brave

lol yeah I mean... I've put a tiny bit of butter in kava tea, in an attempt to bring out the effects a bit more. But the amount was so tiny it didn't bring down the quality of the tea.

Reactions: brighter and Broken
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
lol yeah I mean... I've put a tiny bit of butter in kava tea, in an attempt to bring out the effects a bit more. But the amount was so tiny it didn't bring down the quality of the tea.

I need to get some licororice tea, too, that looks nice. I love licorice to eat

Reactions: brighter and Broken
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Image View attachment 7367 Butter tea also known as 'po cha' is a drink of the people in the Himalayan regions of Nepal, China, Butan and India. Traditionally it is made from tea leaves, yak butter water and salt.