Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
All the people calling for this quarantine to continue have no idea what they're doing. While they're enjoying their time off from work and gubment handouts they're basically sowing the seeds of their own destruction. The impending economic apocalypse is going to vastly overshadow Coronavirus in many ways.

Global economies have never been more tied together then they are today. A collapse in one country can have devastating effects on many others. Most of the major global economies have been on the verge of collapse before this quarantine even began.

I used to trade a fair deal in stocks and even FORex at one point. Much of what drives the market is speculative guesswork. Major analysts can sway a market with just pure speculation, and they're all speculating on a depression of epic proportions that's never been seen before in human history.

Most depressions are caused by wallstreet and not main street. For the first time in history we're seeing a collapse on both wall and main street simultaneously.

We're already seeing a spike in suicide rates in many places from Corona. I think that spike is going to drastically increase as well once the economic effects finally hit home.

The first round of US stimulus checks was roughly the entire amount of US taxpayer money for the year. Now they're about to pass a second round of stimulus...where will this money come from? Oh, yea, it's all fiat and they'll just print it out!

I haven't seen anyone talking about this issue and everyone I know seems happy and complacent. Meanwhile the meteor is hurdling straight towards them and all of us collectively.

Sure it's going to be a "new" world when this quarantine ends alright...

Reactions: Final Escape, mediocre, TheSoulless and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm a bit surprised that no one has touched this yet. Is it true that ignorance is bliss?

artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
sxxb1lkkeis41.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape, your pathologist, Élégie and 5 others
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Those seeds are already sown though.

Reactions: Final Escape
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Reactions: Final Escape and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
So what viable solutions would any of the people who own the death machine actually listen too ? That's what's driving me mad. How to you balance hard economic reality with a very real possiblity of an extinction level scenario ?

To be clear, I'm done yes, but i don't want to kill everyone else.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
So what viable solutions would any of the people who own the death machine actually listen too ? That's what's driving me mad. How to you balance hard economic reality with a very real possiblity of an extinction level scenario ?

To be clear, I'm done yes, but i don't want to kill everyone else.
That's one of those million dollar questions that no one has the answer to. In my opinion they knew this collapse was coming and they just used Corona as the scapegoat.

I'm also with you on the last bit. Even more so in the fact that I don't want to be around to fight over the scraps of our "new" reality/world.

• Love
Reactions: Kumachan and pete_x
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I fear the recession more than the covid 19.
When the deaths start failng in the UK and the lockdown is fully eased. I will kill myself
I cant live through a recession and the unemployment

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, mediocre and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I fear the recession more than the covid 19.
When the deaths start failng in the UK and the lockdown is fully eased. I will kill myself
I cant live through a recession and the unemployment
This has been my only fear through this "crisis" from the start.

Reactions: Final Escape
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
My only comfort by way of certainty in that scenario is i know how to live poor/homeless/rough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Élégie, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
My only comfort by way of certainty in that scenario is i know how to live poor/homeless/rough.
I know how to live poor as well. I've done it for most of my life. Could I also live homeless? Yes, but fuck all of that, I'd rather CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Élégie, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
It's not that bad, while there are immutable truths with regard to that degree of destitution, alot of "norms" break down at that point. The coolest moment I remember was walking up to a campfire not sure if i was about to get fucked up, all the guys there were totally cool and i hung and played guitar for them for a while. It aws a very Beat Poetry/On the Road moment.

To be fair that was 20 years ago.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
My homeless days were 20-25 years ago, too.
I will say that I've never truly felt more alive than in those days, but I hope I never have to do that again. I'd rather catch the bus.
Homeless is HARD, and I'm too old for that shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Élégie, deadpixels and 1 other person
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
True that, but if shit kicks sideways while mom's still alive then I don't have a choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and Good4Nothing
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i'll just say, i'm glad that i have my N ready.

things look extremely bad on an international level and my country is not ready for the economic collapse. as soon as this ship sinks i'm out.

Reactions: Final Escape and GoodPersonEffed
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
yep.. here we go again..

and again..

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Too late now. Forgone conclusion whatever the strategy. Part of a much much bigger natural process. Wait and see what's around the corner, it'll make the virus and the economic apocalypse look like a walk in the park.
And no one will even see it happening until it's too late. Frog. Water. Boiling. A tiny part of an iceberg far too big to see because it already fills the horizon. Rome is burning, but that's alright.
Hahahaha guess what? It's been happening ever since we invented the steam engine. Ever since we started to plant crops. Ever since we picked up a pointy stick. Ever since we came down from the trees...etc etc.
Malthusian crisis.
Holocene extinction.
Everything has its time and everything dies.
It's normal and natural.
Unfortunately, nature doesn't give a shit about your opinions or mine or Trump's or anything, other than survival for as long as possible in whatever form. It's the ultimate expression of survival instinct.
So we suffer.
Why else does this place exist?

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Una, Élégie and 1 other person
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I've been contemplating this as well. I'm sure there are some health benefits to this quarantine but the economic costs are enormous and the debt that is being generated is frightening. There are economists who openly question the fact that the medical establishment seems to be running the show and there is no cost-benefit analysis being made which should be the basis of every rational public policy (utilitarianism: what would generate the most benefit for the greatest number of people?).

Ultimately the huge debt will have to be paid off somehow and it will very likely fall to the younger generations (me among them) who are still employed. The previous generations (primarily the baby-boomers) lived large and created the problems we will have to deal with. This only makes it so much worse. Surely everyone wants the elderly to be protected and saved but at what cost? At the cost of healthcare for those who are still young now but may very well experience an impoverished, debt-ridden society where healthcare has become a precious commodity only available to the rich?

This QE ad infinitum is making the rich richer (stocks tend to go up in this environment) and the middle class poorer as most of them don't invest but save. The value of the currency is dwindling quickly (for nearly all currencies I might add) yet one's paycheck stays the same as is the amount in one's bank account.

The politicians in my own country don't seem to have a clue so instead of doing their damn job they merely parrot the virologists who also don't really seem to have a clue... The blind leading the blind.

Reactions: Final Escape, Brick In The Wall and Élégie
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Too late now. Forgone conclusion whatever the strategy. Part of a much much bigger natural process. Wait and see what's around the corner, it'll make the virus and the economic apocalypse look like a walk in the park.
And no one will even see it happening until it's too late. Frog. Water. Boiling. A tiny part of an iceberg far too big to see because it already fills the horizon. Rome is burning, but that's alright.
Hahahaha guess what? It's been happening ever since we invented the steam engine. Ever since we started to plant crops. Ever since we picked up a pointy stick. Ever since we came down from the trees...etc etc.
Malthusian crisis.
Holocene extinction.
Everything has its time and everything dies.
It's normal and natural.
Unfortunately, nature doesn't give a shit about your opinions or mine or Trump's or anything, other than survival for as long as possible in whatever form. It's the ultimate expression of survival instinct.
So we suffer.
Why else does this place exist?
unfortunately?!? thank gods we are temporary! and that nature doesn't give a fuck.. ffs..
its the only real sane contradiction we have under our noses..
i swear if i hadn't had the opportunity to gaze into the "sanity line" that is the sea i wouldn't have made it this far..

Reactions: Final Escape and deadpixels
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I also suspect this could possibly be a record year for suicides?

Reactions: LMLN, Final Escape and Brick In The Wall