bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
This isn't really about any form of binge eating disorder but more-so me asking anyone else here if when they are depressed or feeling suicidal they like to eat sweets?
ever since i turned 20 i realized there was only two things that ever made me happy: sweets and Japanese literature. So since it's one of the 2 things that could ever make me feel any form of dopamine i eat sweets quite often. The more sweets i eat, the happier i feel that day. These sweets can range from regular dollar store candy, or bakery goods, expensive German (or generally foreign) cakes, or Swedish chocolate even. No matter the sweet it makes me happy to eat.

when i eat sweets, i can forget about my pitiful life and all my PSTD and trauma i've experienced in my life and enjoy the sugary taste of the item i'm eating. It's like all my thoughts can melt away even just for a couple of seconds, even if it is just a couple of seconds it's still better than that nothing at all that i had experienced constantly for 20 years of my life non-stop without any form of escape, just agonizing pain every second of my pathetic excuse of a life.

it's a odd thing but i was wondering if anyone could somewhat relate? I feel as this is an odd thing, I understand binge eating disorders exist and if this was some sort of binge eating disorder i wouldn't see it as strange at all but since it's not and more-so a tame coping mechanism i do see it as odd.

a part of me says this makes sense cuz' when you eat sugar contents the brain produces huge amounts of dopamine in the same exact way the brain reacts to to the ingestion of drugs such as heroin or cocaine and we all know how addictive drugs like those are. Heroin is literally listed as one of the most addictive drugs in the world and you can go to prison for up to 2 years or even 15 years depending on the quantity you own due to the tendency of people overdosing on it (that and the lethal dosage is only 10~600mg(A), 0.2(G), or approximately 0.2g(D) according to The Complete Manual To Suicide by Wataru Tsurumi.)

but also, i've never seen anyone on here or just generally talk about eating sweets to cope with suicidal thoughts or stress so i wanted to put my opinions on it out there. Thank you for reading!

Reactions: archipelago and newave3
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
Weirdly, yeah, I relate. I'm not sure if I feel any pleasure from it, but I do have quite a big sweet-tooth. I once got a box of sweets - large variety - for myself on Christmas. It was filled with party-sized sweets. I finished half of it in one day. It's either a coping mechanism, or I have problems. Or both heh.

Reactions: newave3 and bubo
a_dead_mess

a_dead_mess

Aug 8, 2022
oh, I do that all the time. I even go to different supermarkets so they wouldn't recognize I was just there a few minutes ago. my dad is diabetic though so it's probably related

Reactions: bubo
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I definitely crave fattening and sweet foods when I'm sad. Alcohol also helps that process along. I've been frustrated to find that I have gained a lot of weight recently. My clothes are uncomfortable, and my body is definitely less attractive. I go through cycles of having a huge appetite to very little at all. If the past is any guide, I should start my low appetite cycle soon.

Reactions: bubo