greyblue_bian

greyblue_bian

2x Failed CTB Member
Jun 10, 2022
I turned 18 months ago and kind of feel like a fucking failure for not have going to college yet, driving, or moving out.

The good thing about my situation is that my mom paid her car bill off and said I could have it when she buys a new car soon so I don't have worry about getting a new one.

I'm going to start saving up for an apartment in another state so I can move out in a year or so. However, the only things keeping me from this is that it will take my mom awhile to be able to get a new car and I've never had a job and not a lot of work ethic since I'm fucking lazy and not very life-motivated. I'm also socially anxious especially when I present and I'm pretty sure it's psychosomatic, so I can't really control it and it gets pretty severe.

My question is is what are some easy online jobs for 18 year olds who have no work experience I can get that pay a decent amount? Maybe $12-$15 an hour? I'm willing to work often since I have nothing else to do with myself other than write my book (hypothetically).

Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
Simple, they don't exist.

The job market is incredibly competitive and oversaturated right now, especially regarding work-from-home positions. I have about 7 years of work experience with some college credits under my belt, and even I couldn't land an online remote job that paid decently. But with your situation that you described, maybe you could try applying for unemployment? You just have to provide evidence that you're still actively looking for a job.

Do you have any other marketable skills or interests that you could make money from? Maybe look into some freelance writing, computer coding, or eCommerce gigs.

Upvote 0
xhale

xhale

x gon give it to ya (he/they)
Jul 7, 2023
I turned 18 months ago and kind of feel like a fucking failure for not have going to college yet, driving, or moving out.

The good thing about my situation is that my mom paid her car bill off and said I could have it when she buys a new car soon so I don't have worry about getting a new one.

I'm going to start saving up for an apartment in another state so I can move out in a year or so. However, the only things keeping me from this is that it will take my mom awhile to be able to get a new car and I've never had a job and not a lot of work ethic since I'm fucking lazy and not very life-motivated. I'm also socially anxious especially when I present and I'm pretty sure it's psychosomatic, so I can't really control it and it gets pretty severe.

My question is is what are some easy online jobs for 18 year olds who have no work experience I can get that pay a decent amount? Maybe $12-$15 an hour? I'm willing to work often since I have nothing else to do with myself other than write my book (hypothetically).
  • you can learn a new craft and start a business online, alot of free tutorials and courses are on youtube… clay making (ashtrays incense holders etc..) light box making, etc … you can find templates on etsy for VERY cheap
  • fostering!! if you have room in your house you can try fostering/pet sitting for people. to get the ball rolling i put up a sign at a vet clinic offering my service and they usually say yes if you're polite
  • tutoring. if you feel like you're up for it and have the patience to teach kiddos
  • thrift clothes reselling, can be a nice side hustle, dont rely on it tho

Reactions: PorcelainDollEyebag
Upvote 0
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
easy + online job? lol, it doesn't exist

Upvote 0
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Well, I'm currently taking a job in Poland, even though I live in Germany and it's basically copy&paste but sometimes also some replies that I have to write myself. I work at a polish ISP/cellular provider in the tech support field. I log in into a special web interface over their internal VPN server and have to reply to support questions from the customers like "my xxx isn't working, what can I do" and I just copy the answers like "Did you tried to login into your modem and change the wifi frequency from 5Ghz to Automatic? You can find the login, password and the access page url on the back of the device and here's how you can change that < insert PDF file/ manufacturer's manual here< "
I earn about 1500$ depends if I only take the required 2h a day to answer the support tickets or more and login into the live chat page with my support tag.

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered and stillunemployed
Upvote 0
S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
Well, I'm currently taking a job in Poland, even though I live in Germany and it's basically copy&paste but sometimes also some replies that I have to write myself. I work at a polish ISP/cellular provider in the tech support field. I log in into a special web interface over their internal VPN server and have to reply to support questions from the customers like "my xxx isn't working, what can I do" and I just copy the answers like "Did you tried to login into your modem and change the wifi frequency from 5Ghz to Automatic? You can find the login, password and the access page url on the back of the device and here's how you can change that < insert PDF file/ manufacturer's manual here< "
I earn about 1500$ depends if I only take the required 2h a day to answer the support tickets or more and login into the live chat page with my support tag.
Uhhhh do you think you are actually being helpful? Not judging, just curious.

Also how did you get this gig?

Upvote 0
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Uhhhh do you think you are actually being helpful? Not judging, just curious.

Also how did you get this gig?
Most of those support jobs are like that. Even here in Germany and in Spain.

I found this job when I was browsing the polish equivalent of ebay called olx.
They didn't require any experience in that field.. Just a computer with Windows/MacOS, microphone for the 4h of lessons where you learned how to use their system etc., basic polish language skills and Office 360 installed for accessing their servers current pricing lists and available devices.
They even hired 16yo students if they a written confirmation from their parents but they only had access to the pre-generated answer list.
I guess even my stupid father who only uses his shitty laptop for FB, could do such a job.

Of course there are jobs like writing paid reviews but they pay like 20$ per review and it's annoying to do

Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Just out of curiousity ... 1500$ net / month for only 2h a day and more if you do 4h or 6h daily?

Reactions: Disappointered
Upvote 0
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly, I would recommend becoming a stock clerk at a retail store. This, in my view, would give you a job that primarily does not involve as much social interaction but has enough interaction with coworkers and maybe the occasional customer to give you an on-ramp for building more resilience in social situations. If you can couple this with group therapy, you can make more progress than you might think in a matter of months.

The more you run away from this, the worse it will get. I am 30 years old and am just coming into my own socially. Trust me when I say that you do not want to put this work off. What looks like the easy path is in fact, over the long term view of your whole life, the much harder path. There are so many milestones that I have missed. I have never been in a relationship, and part of the reason I have the job I have is because I lacked the self-confidence to do a real job search when my initial career plans fell through. I am now having to learn what many people learn in their teens and early 20s made themselves learn by taking risks and putting themselves out there in all the ways I was too afraid to do.......so I am over 10 years late trying to dig myself out of a hole. I thank my lucky stars every day that I look young for my age because people give me more leeway for not having my life together.

It will be hard, no doubt about it, to confront your fears on the daily. I lost sleep and had more than my fair share of crying spells when I took my job as a cashier, but I got used to it and even thrived. I am respected by my coworkers, liked by my customers, and valued by my managers. Now I don't have the fear of social anxiety holding me back from what I want to do. Don't let this cripple your life because it very much can.

Upvote 0
misarexic

misarexic

i’ve never felt so low
Jun 23, 2023
it's not easy but i recommend call centers and customer service. i get paid pretty decently to work from home all day and answer emails. no degree, currently in college. I will however admit that I got this job through knowing people in my current area of customer service, and I worked my way up from being on the call floor to managing calls and emails. It was a right place right time kind if situation, but if you do some digging and searching, you may have some luck.

Amazon is always hiring I'm pretty sure, and if you look online on Indeed you might find a call center remote job.

Good luck! 🫂

Upvote 0