Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I believe earth true identity is indeed hell.

Everything and everyone here suffers since the day of birth until the day they die.

Every animal/person must consume other living beings(plants being the exception as most consume sunlight) just to avoid even more suffering and death.

The world is full of corruption and injustice.

Everything cost money… you must go to school at 5 until you are an adult then work almost all your waking hours in a job you hate or option b: being homeless… and endure wage slavery until you are old and sick then die…

I don't want and will not have kids. Bringing life into this hell is truly an act of evil

Earth as a Living Hell: A Comparison

Throughout history, people have grappled with the concept of hell—a place of torment, suffering, and despair. Typically, hell is imagined as a realm reserved for the wicked after death, where they are condemned to eternal punishment. However, for many, the idea of hell need not be relegated to the afterlife; instead, it can be seen as a metaphor for the very world we inhabit. The notion that Earth itself is comparable to hell is rooted in the overwhelming presence of suffering, injustice, and the seemingly unending cycle of struggle that defines much of the human experience. This essay will explore the reasons why Earth, as it exists, can be likened to hell.

The Ubiquity of Suffering

One of the most compelling arguments for Earth as a kind of hell is the omnipresence of suffering. From the moment a living being is born, it is thrust into a world where pain and hardship are inevitable. For humans, this begins with the trauma of birth and continues through the various stages of life. Physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish are constant companions. Illness, loss, and death are inescapable realities that everyone must face. Even the simple act of living requires the consumption of other living beings, perpetuating a cycle of death and survival that underscores the brutal nature of existence.

In the natural world, this suffering is even more pronounced. Animals must hunt, kill, and consume one another to survive. The weak are often preyed upon, and the struggle for survival is relentless. The animal kingdom, often romanticized for its beauty and simplicity, is in reality a battleground where suffering is the rule rather than the exception. This endless cycle of violence and consumption paints a picture of a world where cruelty and pain are the norm, much like the traditional concept of hell.

Corruption and Injustice

Another factor that likens Earth to hell is the pervasive presence of corruption and injustice. Human societies are rife with inequality, exploitation, and oppression. The powerful often prey on the weak, and the rich exploit the poor. Governments and institutions, which are supposed to uphold justice, frequently fail, leading to widespread suffering and disillusionment. War, poverty, and discrimination are constant reminders of the darker aspects of human nature and the structures that perpetuate suffering.

In many parts of the world, basic human rights are denied, and people are forced to endure unimaginable hardships. Slavery, human trafficking, and systemic racism are just a few examples of the ways in which injustice manifests itself. For many, life on Earth feels like a punishment, a place where hope is scarce, and fairness is a distant dream. This sense of pervasive injustice further strengthens the comparison of Earth to hell.

The Burden of Existence

Life on Earth is also characterized by what can be seen as a form of existential suffering. From a young age, individuals are thrust into a system that demands their time, energy, and often their very souls. The modern world is built on the back of capitalism, which requires people to work long hours in jobs they may not enjoy, simply to survive. The concept of "wage slavery" captures the essence of this struggle, where individuals trade the majority of their waking hours for the means to live, often at the expense of their mental and physical health.

Education, often seen as a pathway to a better life, can also be a source of stress and disillusionment. From the age of five, children are placed in a system that emphasizes competition, conformity, and success measured by grades and test scores. As they grow older, the pressure only increases, leading many to question the value of such a life. The realization that this cycle continues until old age, when the body and mind inevitably break down, can feel like a cruel joke—a lifetime spent in toil, only to end in decay and death. This burden of existence is a key reason why some view Earth as a living hell.

The Moral Dilemma of Procreation

Given the suffering, corruption, and existential burden that characterize life on Earth, some argue that bringing new life into this world is an inherently immoral act. Antinatalists, for example, believe that procreation is a form of cruelty, as it forces a new being to endure the hardships of existence without their consent. In this view, the act of creating life is comparable to condemning someone to hell, knowing full well the suffering they will inevitably face.

For those who hold this perspective, the decision to refrain from having children is seen as an ethical choice, a way to prevent further suffering. They argue that it is better never to exist than to be born into a world where pain, struggle, and death are guaranteed. This moral dilemma highlights the depth of despair that can accompany the belief that Earth is hell.

Conclusion

While the comparison of Earth to hell may seem extreme, it is rooted in a profound recognition of the suffering, injustice, and existential burden that define much of life. For those who see the world through this lens, Earth is not a place of joy or fulfillment, but a realm of torment where beings are condemned to endure pain, corruption, and the relentless cycle of survival. Whether or not one agrees with this perspective, it is a powerful reminder of the darker aspects of existence and the importance of striving for compassion, justice, and meaning in a world that can often feel like hell.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, kinderbueno, ijustwishtodie and 7 others
spiritualvirgin

spiritualvirgin

artificial death in the west ☭
Aug 16, 2024
very well written. while i do agree with basically everything you're saying, i'm still asking myself why many people still feel good or at least have good moments? good moments kind of ball and chain you to life iykwim.
i still wish i could know what this world would be like if we'd overcome capitalism, i think life has the potential to become so much better for most people. even though i hate this place and i'm looking forward to leaving it forever i wish i could witness a (better) world after capitalism.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, LifeQuitter, Makoto and 1 other person
A

avalonisburning

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
May 12, 2024
i'm still asking myself why many people still feel good or at least have good moments?
The worst kind of hell is one with hope. You'll eventually become calloused and accustomed to an eternity of being boiled in lava and jabbed with pitchforks, but if you're sporadically given fleeting glimpses and reminders of happiness or joy in between, it amplifies the misery in between.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and spiritualvirgin
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
Could not agree more, this is why my biggest fear is to be reincarnated or born again into this hell.... and we people are lucky ones at the top of food chain , we dont have to fight for our own life at the daily basis, (technically yes, but against predators etc) Imagine being born as a little fish.... all you do is fighting and surviving and thats it, if you are good enough you will have chance to reproduce. I hate this all, we dont have control of our bodies, we have genetic code according to which body produce chemicals, if your genetic code is damaged you can be cruel, angry, psychopath, murderer, yes there are external factors like your enviroment and parents, but if you code has flaws you wont have controul about them and how they manifests. Its just fking RNG. We are not free, its ilusion. I hope this place is hell, simulation or nightmare and we all are here to pay our debt and when we die we can live (or not to exists) in paradise or heaven... I am just disappointed , its beautiful world we live in but terrifying and cruel, and I just cant accept that it hurts and makes me sad.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree so much. Earth has been hell for me and nothing can convince me otherwise. I hate being here and I hate being a human. There's nothing in life that I like enough to want to continue existing

Reactions: Darkover
A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
Absolutely, wholehearted agree it is "hell" even though I don't believe in hell or heaven but in the metaphorical sense and commonly used phrasing of "hell" yes indeed it is. Cannot wait to be off this hellhole place called earth one day (hopefully soon).