almondmilk

almondmilk

And you know, for you, I'd bleed myself dry
Mar 7, 2023
i hate being a woman in her early 20s. people might say that this is the best time of your life and need to enjoy it. well fuck off. i don't fucking enjoy it. people who say this have friends , family, a lover, a plan for their future. i have none. i have nobody. i am alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ViniTerrible, haibane, HoleintheDark and 12 others
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I'm 21 and I always get told, "you're young yet just give it time" about anything. Its so fucking annoying. I get told to live my life and when living my life means ending it all of the sudden its wrong and i get told how I should live it.

• Hugs
Reactions: ViniTerrible, ABSOLUTION, a_carbon_based_life and 7 others
almondmilk

almondmilk

Mar 7, 2023
I'm 21 and I always get told, "you're young yet just give it time" about anything. Its so fucking annoying. I get told to live my life and when living my life means ending it all of the sudden its wrong and i get told how I should live it.
exactly. i feel the exact same way.

• Hugs
Reactions: a_carbon_based_life, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand people with their toxic positivity, it's just insensitive to me. I'm also in early 20's and I certainly feel like I've suffered in this existence for far too long.

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane, ijustwishtodie, a_carbon_based_life and 7 others
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
i dread early twenties. i hate the fact that time is progressing while im stagnate. everyone is somewhere else being alive and i feel trapped in my own space-time bubble. i know im wasting it away because im not well. the guilt is heavy because im aware how its my supposed "prime time" of my life before dreaded 30s.

• Hugs
Reactions: ABSOLUTION, edu0z, a_carbon_based_life and 4 others
almondmilk

almondmilk

Mar 7, 2023
i dread early twenties. i hate the fact that time is progressing while im stagnate. everyone is somewhere else being alive and i feel trapped in my own space-time bubble. i know im wasting it away because im not well. the guilt is heavy because im aware how its my supposed "prime time" of my life before dreaded 30s.
i feel the exact same way

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and sad_rock
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I feel for you. I would rather eat my own toenails than go back to my early 20s. In my case, it wasn't being in my early 20s in itself that was causing me suffering, although all of the expectations of that time in your life and feeling like you're "falling behind" and "getting too old for this shit" and watching other people get their degrees, start their careers etc while you just feel stuck in your own pain is really fucking awful, too, and doesn't help at all. For me, it was my particular personal circumstances of that time, along with/due to the years of relentless suffering that had already led up to that point, and pain/illness that just kept snowballing with time (but I didn't even know the name of what was making me so ill, because the healthcare system sucks and I wasn't being heard or getting the help I needed – extremely long story and that's only one piece of the shit puzzle).

Suffering unfortunately doesn't discriminate based on how old or young you are, which a lot of people just don't seem to get. I'm sorry that you're hurting so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, tiger b and 1 other person
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I wish I could have ended my life around 24 because from then in it just got worse. I'm 49 now and 16 - 24 was when I peaked. Or at least that's how I look back upon it. Would t it be good to be able to just concentrate all the bits worth living into a couple of years. Instead of all the mundane and despair we have.

Reactions: Heading to Darkness, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 2 others
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
Same. I have no friends and the only social interaction I get is with my family and at my school, where I can't for the life of me manage to develop a friendship with anyone at the whole college because I'm completely socially inept.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and almondmilk
almondmilk

almondmilk

Mar 7, 2023
Same. I have no friends and the only social interaction I get is with my family and at my school, where I can't for the life of me manage to develop a friendship with anyone at the whole college because I'm completely socially inept.
i barely talk to my family. just good morning and we move on with our lives. i don't go to school. i have no friendships. everything sucks

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
i barely talk to my family. just good morning and we move on with our lives. i don't go to school. i have no friendships. everything sucks
I'm planning on dropping out soon because it hasn't done anything for me, just made me more miserable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I think all age groups suck for the reasons you've given. Whether you're in your early twenties or any other age group, not having people around you who show they care really sucks. For me something else that sucks is trying to find someone who isn't super social.

Reactions: sserafim, almondmilk, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
sanlcx

sanlcx

Oct 21, 2023
A silly little analogy i just came up with and would like to share: I used to play a lot of fps games like call of duty, think of it as you needing to finish the match with a positive KDA, but you're 3/30. Even if you go 8/30, you die a few times again and go 8/35, and it keeps going like that. Is it possible to turn it around and reverse the score? Sure, but it's unlikely and a pain in the ass, why bother? Why not just press start and 'quit game'?

Reactions: just_a_guy, ABSOLUTION, almondmilk and 2 others
FRUSTRATED MIND

FRUSTRATED MIND

Student
Oct 2, 2023
i hate being a woman in her early 20s. people might say that this is the best time of your life and need to enjoy it. well fuck off. i don't fucking enjoy it. people who say this have friends , family, a lover, a plan for their future. i have none. i have nobody. i am alone.
I feel the same. It sucks living each day without perspective of future. In my case, no career, no wife or girlfriend, nothing.

Reactions: sserafim, almondmilk and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

I think all age groups suck for the reasons you've given. Whether you're in your early twenties or any other age group, not having people around you who show they care really sucks. For me something else that sucks is trying to find someone who isn't super social.
Agreed, it's a rather lonely existence no matter the age, whether it early 20s or late 60s.

Reactions: just_a_guy, sserafim, almondmilk and 1 other person
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I wish I could have ended my life around 24 because from then in it just got worse. I'm 49 now and 16 - 24 was when I peaked. Or at least that's how I look back upon it. Would t it be good to be able to just concentrate all the bits worth living into a couple of years. Instead of all the mundane and despair we have.
I get that. I'm 50 and have suffered through the last at least 30 years. I relive the memory of taking my dad's pistol into the basement with the intention of not going back upstairs. But I chickened out. Biggest regret of my life.

Reactions: almondmilk
T

the_dude

It's over
Nov 11, 2023
Maybe you'll get better but let me say this, if you think early twenties suck just wait until your late twenties. I had hope in my early twenties, now it's gone completely. I'm nothing now, no hope at all. And that's when you really see how dark things can get, at least for me. I'm not ignoring your problems or saying they aren't real but as I've gotten older then pain has only gotten worse.

Reactions: sserafim and almondmilk
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm 18 and I'm dreading the future that I'm forced to go through. As I age, my issues get worse and worse and it's already unbearable right now. It's scary to think that I'd be worse than this soon. This is almost an inevitability at this point. I can only save my fate via suicide but I'm too pathetic to ctb

Reactions: Rowan13, sserafim and almondmilk
D

Deleted member 65988

Maybe you'll get better but let me say this, if you think early twenties suck just wait until your late twenties. I had hope in my early twenties, now it's gone completely. I'm nothing now, no hope at all. And that's when you really see how dark things can get, at least for me. I'm not ignoring your problems or saying they aren't real but as I've gotten older then pain has only gotten worse.
Well then you could even extend that further into 30s and 40s, no specific age means it'll get better, it has every chance of getting worse incrementally or exponentially. To add, this is why I'm particularly optimistic about the future and don't any good objective reason to continue this thing called life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sserafim
almondmilk

almondmilk

Mar 7, 2023
Troll-Despair.jpg

Reactions: ABSOLUTION
CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
I'm 18 , and the outcast girl in high school and everybody is fucking straight and boring. And even when I try to be friends with them after some time they say I'm too weird, well sorry I have autism, and I don't understand why you leave me, when you do the same things I do, but when I do that it's weird. When a popular girls asks a out out she's challenging gender norms, and when I do that I'm attention whore, and desperate. I just want to fall in love, and have someone care for me, and I care for them. Or at least a friend who won't say they're angry at me after I tell them I'm sad, or that I'd like to hang out because I don't want to be alone for once in my life. Why does everyone assume that since I seem off I must be a monster, I'm just scared and alone.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Rowan13 and skaro
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm in my early 20s as well and I plan to ctb before I reach 25. I just don't think that I have any future or anything to look forward to, and I don't want a future anyways. I sure as hell don't want to be a wageslave to capitalism for the next 50 years. I'd rather die. I'm also not fit or meant for this world or society due to neurodivergence and I don't see why I should fight and struggle to live in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fkyou, Deleted member 65988 and ABSOLUTION
skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
I'm 18 , and the outcast girl in high school and everybody is fucking straight and boring. And even when I try to be friends with them after some time they say I'm too weird, well sorry I have autism, and I don't understand why you leave me, when you do the same things I do, but when I do that it's weird. When a popular girls asks a out out she's challenging gender norms, and when I do that I'm attention whore, and desperate. I just want to fall in love, and have someone care for me, and I care for them. Or at least a friend who won't say they're angry at me after I tell them I'm sad, or that I'd like to hang out because I don't want to be alone for once in my life. Why does everyone assume that since I seem off I must be a monster, I'm just scared and alone.
I really understand this, I experienced the same thing too where people would call me a pain in the ass, weird, annoying, rude etc etc ever since 1st grade (I'm highly neurodivergent and probably on the spectrum too), also the whole class snitching on me the moment I did 1 minor thing but someone else could literally bring a bomb to class and nobody would bat an eye, that's pretty much how I lived from 1st grade till 10th grade when they kinda matured and stopped the bullying but even then it was just lonely and sad, same now with college. It's true I'm not really seeking out social interaction either but I'm completely broken so I don't even know where to begin doing that

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and CandyK__
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
When I was in my 20's everyone told me that the way I was going I wouldn't make it to 30. And I banked on it,tried my best to drink,drug,fight,drive wrecklessly as possible work stupid dangerous jobs. And here I am still alive. Dealing with the remains of a life I couldn't throw away.
Fuck!

Reactions: the_dude and sserafim
HoleintheDark

HoleintheDark

Writhing with the worms
Jul 12, 2023
I'm 20 and a very strong believer in quitting while I'm ahead. The social rules of our culture made no sense to me in middle school and high school, so naturally the adult world is even more needlessly confusing. I'm supposed to want a soul-crushing job, I'm supposed to get married to someone who'll ditch me for someone younger once I'm 30, I'm supposed to love my rotting body and watching the world I grew up in die a slow and painful death. Whenever people tell me that I "still have my whole life ahead of me", I can only think of two possibilities:

1- They're envious that I figured it out before they did, and think it's only fair that I suffer for as long as they have.

2- They see me as another warm body, more resources for them to harvest and drain the life out of until there's nothing left.

So yeah, I don't even want to live to see 21.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Sorry to hear your struggles. The following may be a bit off topic, but would like to hear your perspective if you don't mind. Was always curious how the current younger generation thinks, since the world indeed changed a lot compared to previous generations. I'm a bit older, definitely not in my 20's anymore.

In the last 10 years or so, suddenly the internet and technology exploded in ways never seen in history before. Nowadays, with smart phones, apps, social platforms, able to make money from home, artificial intelligence, and the list goes on

How does the younger generation (20's) feel about that? I understand you might not be able to compare it with the older world, but generally speaking, does this in any way have positive impact towards feeling certain optimistic with life? Or feel like life is somewhat fun / interesting / hopeful, or does it not make much difference?

Because even just 1 to 2 generations prior, many of these things were non-existent, so just curious how it feels to have access to these new things, while still in your teens or 20's

Last edited: