theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
The death of a person is a waste of money for those left on earth. It is only enough to search our browser for the prices of funeral homes so that we immediately open our mouths. I know, I know... the last thing we want is to leave our loved ones without their savings to cost us our death. It doesn't matter if you don't get along with your family: Someone has to take care of your body.

I will quickly explain what these 3 alternatives consist of so that we can expressly tell our relatives or before a legal notary what we want after we leave the world.

Take these options as a basis to investigate if these or more options are available in your country.

Mass grave: All municipalities have protocols to destroy unclaimed corpses.

Cremation: The easiest way to lower costs is by opting for cremation.

Donate my body to science: There is an even cheaper option, although very little extended: Donate the body to scientific research
For me, the best alternative is to donate the body to science.

• Informative
Reactions: Ringo, chloramine, miserableforever and 1 other person
T

Theanswer

Experienced
Jun 26, 2022
Mass grave: All municipalities have protocols to destroy unclaimed corpses.
In U.S. and where I live, so much bureaucracy so good luck getting buried if unclaimed. I've been checking into this before I ctb in a couple of weeks. Decided to leave it go.
Donate my body to science: There is an even cheaper option, although very little extended: Donate the body to scientific research
For me, the best alternative is to donate the body to science.
Doing SN. I am an organ donor on license and they sure aren't going to use my body for that. Only other way to specify donating body to science would be a will if my understanding is correct. Don't have time for a will because I don't have anything. Started to this week, but way too much more stress.

Reactions: chloramine
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
In U.S. and where I live, so much bureaucracy so good luck getting buried if unclaimed. I've been checking into this before I ctb in a couple of weeks. Decided to leave it go.

Doing SN. I am an organ donor on license and they sure aren't going to use my body for that. Only other way to specify donating body to science would be a will if my understanding is correct. Don't have time for a will because I don't have anything. Started to this week, but way too much more stress.
You don't need to have "something" to donate your body. You just have to search the internet for "how to donate my body in the US" or similar. You should see several results. Basically, they should only ask you to go to the notary to sign your consent.

I guess the mass grave is easy for those who are going to die not to be found. So you end up where who knows where.

Reactions: chloramine and miserableforever