UnluckyYogi

UnluckyYogi

Brain damage from antipsychotics
Aug 2, 2024
I was pondering this question for a long time.
Is death by a plane crash painful?
Like for example the case of Germanwings Flight 9525, did all 150 passengers on board suffered?
I can only imagine the horror they all went through, but as far as physical pain, do you think it was painful for them?

D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Death was probably pretty instant.

• Wow
Reactions: UnluckyYogi
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I don't think it's painful unless a fire breaks out or you get physically injured, stabbed (like 9/11) or shot (like Flight 1771) on board and stay alive it until the plane crashes, another variant is that you survive the crash but burn to death, drown or die later from your injuries, that would be painful. People who die in plane crashes often die instantly upon impact / explosion. But even if the death is instant, the fear must be absolutely horrifying.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UnluckyYogi
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
In the unlikely event you are involved in a plane crash the chances of actually dying as a result of it are extremely small. "of the 32 million airline departures in 2013… only one in 3,000,000 was fatal

UnluckyYogi

UnluckyYogi

Brain damage from antipsychotics
Aug 2, 2024
In the unlikely event you are involved in a plane crash the chances of actually dying as a result of it are extremely small. "of the 32 million airline departures in 2013… only one in 3,000,000 was fatal
But in case you are involved, like the disaster of GermanWings, I doubt it was painful.
Statistics show that traveling by air is way safer than traveling by land (By car for example)

Reactions: Darkover