ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
So, what are dumb things you didn't realize, like simple, every day kind of things.

I didnt realize you had to clean glasses when you wear them everyday. I avoided wearing glasses until now, and these things really gotta be added to my nightly face wash routine :-/. I guess it makes sense.

Reactions: loopdaloop, gummycentipede, cgrtt.brns and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
people don't wear their glasses while sleeping and that brushing your teeth 4-6 times a day is apparently excessive

Reactions: ferret-in-a-sock
gummycentipede

gummycentipede

Someone You Hate
May 29, 2023
That you're not supposed to sleep with your shoulders on the pillow, I did this for years unknowingly and I think its the reason my neck posture ended up really weird

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000, Forever Sleep and ferret-in-a-sock
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
That life is a pointless struggle to nowhere.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and OceanBlue
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Oh God- there's loads! I think I can be so naive...

I was utterly shocked when I found out my neighbour had a crush on the same celebrity as me. Bear in mind I was VERY young at this point but I suppose I had this (weird) naive idea that we all had just one person we liked and we would somehow find one another and presumably- they would like us back! That was an early insight into heartache for me.

I thought the Nautilus had gone extinct. I saw it in an old dusty encyclopedia and it looks kind of ancient doesn't it? I was utterly gobsmacked when I saw one in an aquarium once!

I was actually gullable enough to believe what they told us at school- that if you work hard, you'll be successful. I mean- it improves your chances of course but there's a whole lot more involved.

Some of the things older relatives told me did actually come true. I remember my Dad saying- as you age, you care less about what other people think of you. I'm not sure whether that's because I just avoid being around people now though!

Reactions: NumbItAll
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Day - dreaming and escaping the real world is addictive. Didn't know that making a habit of avoiding everything possible, would become a life-style.

• Aww..
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
Day - dreaming and escaping the real world is addictive. Didn't know that making a habit of avoiding everything possible, would become a life-style
Too real. All those teenage/childhood coping methods bite 10 years later

Reactions: loopdaloop
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I didn't know u were supposed to use sunscreen just as normally as moisturizer, I thought it was only something you'd use at the beach.
..there are probably lots of common sense things more that I don't know about cause my family never bothered to teach me about them.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
For most of us, a natural life is pretty long. The world is a big place, with incredible things to discover. The only person who can change things is you. You can't expect anyone else to do it for you.
The majority of rubbish the advertising industry makes you believe you want and need to be happy, is completely useless to you. Possessions genuinely do not bring happiness.