ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
been a long, long time since i delved into the suicide watch subreddit,
tried to make a hypothetical post, that wasnt even that bad.
and i got this
that place has became even more of a joke

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, Unknown21 and EternalShore
FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
Yea, I tried to join a subreddit for things psychs had said I probably had. All my posts were removed, waiting for 'moderation'. They were never posted. Then other times it looks like it's been posted, but I visit the site with another IP and it's not public--shadow banned. Fuck off Reddit. I don't want to give you my name and address. Let people be anonymous to some degree. Oh, it's harder for your shareholders to make a profit that way? Boo hoo hoo.

I can't post there. Lemmy instances are a cool open-source platform if you want a reddit-style format.

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB and ham and potatoes
genoke

genoke

Aug 13, 2024
Don't get yourself banned by swearing at the mods over a warning during a benzo withdrawal. Shit ruined my life and there is no alternative. I loved reddit if you isolate yourself to just tv show and sports subs. Getting nuked without other social media is like a horrible breakup and now I'm too tired to go buy weed. This is bad. I'm on the brink of forced hospitalization I gotta put on some lbs and clean myself up for safety. I'm like Kirsten Dunst in melancholia recently. Basically catatonic. Always been depressed entire life. Had no idea it could get this bad.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pain6batch9 and ham and potatoes
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Don't get yourself banned by swearing at the mods over a warning during a benzo withdrawal. Shit ruined my life and there is no alternative. I loved reddit if you isolate yourself to just tv show and sports subs. Getting nuked without other social media is like a horrible breakup and now I'm too tired to go buy weed.
na, i got a separate alt account i use for my depressing/ suicidal shit.. so even if it gets banned, ill just make another.

genoke

genoke

Aug 13, 2024
na, i got a separate alt account i use for my depressing/ suicidal shit.. so even if it gets banned, ill just make another.
Yeah all that's good.. just don't cuss out mods over something ridiculous cuz they'll cuz nuke all your accounts forever and there's no way around it.

And for a depressed isolated introvert it Hurts....

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Yeah all that's good.. just don't cuss out mods over something ridiculous cuz they'll cuz nuke all your accounts forever and there's no way around it.

And for a depressed isolated introvert it Hurts....
can you not just make a new account? create a burner gmail and make one?

Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but for me, Reddit sucked as long as I've known it. It wasn't too bad when I first joined in about 2012, but since then the decline has been rapid. It's nothing but a soulless moneygrab of a website that's obsessed with adds and downloading it's app. It is the KING of asshole website design (unreviewed content anyone?). It has, for lack of a better word, gone "mainstream" and "sold out".

It is VERY easy to get shadowbanned on reddit, either through just linking something the automated system doesn't like (very aggressive anti spam policy) or having the sheer nerve to have a differing opinion that a mod doesn't like. A quick look at the shadowbanned community reveals countless accounts that are suspended.

I found on my former account I got shadowbanned via email, whenever I used that email, I'd get automatically suspended, however I did find that signing up via the Gmail account directly opposed to just the email got around the ban, as did using another email (as long as you get your sellable information eh Reddit?). I have no idea if they ban via IP, I'd imagine they do, but with VPNs and dynamic IPs these days, it'd be easy to circumvent.

Reddit have long been heavy handed on banning suicide topics though, I'm surprised that sub still exists actually.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GreyCTB, genoke, ham and potatoes and 4 others