pepe_felipe

pepe_felipe

Jan 15, 2024
A couple of years ago I was abusing Hydro's. hydrocodone, and kept upping my dose whenever my tolerance increased. Eventually I lost my means to continue using, and decided not continue using opiates. However, I had popped many pills this one time and went through the most excruciating pain of my life. I forget if I even passed out because I was keeled over on my bed writhing in pain all day, and weirdly enough I felt the pain in my organs. For weeks, up to a month and a half I think, I had a constant feeling of nausea and overall fatigue. Headaches up the ass with no sign of stopping. Like I said I would not have stopped popping those pills if my supply wasn't cut (I was 15-16 and taking 4-5 recreationally, with my last times using 7-9 at a time). The months after, I noticed my thinking had slowed drastically and it seemed as if I had lost common sense. So my experience with OD'ing is that I was crippled with terrible pain for a couple of days, with more-than-mild pain in the weeks that ensued, and my personality was never the same. What is your experience with drug abuse?

(My purpose for writing this is because many people carry the misconception that taking a shitload of painkillers is going to lead to a peaceful death, when in fact it is no better than consuming any poison from my experience with opiates. The pain at best was unbearable, and at worst it had me contemplating calling for an ambulance.)

I hope I remembered this experience well enough, and don't mean to exaggerate the effects of abusing painkillers.

If anyone feels this post is untrue to an opiate overdose, specifically when it causes a person to go unconscious, I will delete with no hesitation.

This has defined my life for the past 4 years, I truly appreciate anyone's experience with drug abuse.

Reactions: Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I've not had the pleasure or pain of ODíng but most of the accounts I've come across are the opposite. I have heard that some of them are bad for the stomach or bowels and can create pain as a result but fully ODing is usually described as blissful. I look forward to reading responses from the experienced. Thanks for posting.

• Love
Reactions: pepe_felipe
pepe_felipe

pepe_felipe

Jan 15, 2024
I've not had the pleasure or pain of ODíng but most of the accounts I've come across are the opposite. I have heard that some of them are bad for the stomach or bowels and can create pain as a result but fully ODing is usually described as blissful. I look forward to reading responses from the experienced. Thanks for posting.
Yeah I appreciate your words. My thing is that whenever I want to look up anything about people's experiences I am hit with the national support number for whatever and can't get a real account of what it's like to go through. I appreciate the info <3

Reactions: Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
It's ridiculous that they hide this kind of information. I am currently of the opinion that a cocktail including barbiturates and opioids of some sort is, as a general default, the most peaceful and painless way to go but it's hard to get any confirmation about it.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i've never heard of that being the case for opioid/benzo ODs. what u described honestly sounds like smthg else, not an OD. esp on scripts.

i od'd on xans a few years ago & don't remember a singleeeee thing. i was conscious 1 sec, & the next i was waking up in the hospital days later, being questioned for involuntary hospitalization at a ward, covered in bruises. apparently whenever i tried to even stand i'd hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. no memory of that or any pain from the falls either. just sheer nothingness.

0 adverse effects from it, except being super groggy/tired/out of it.

Last edited:
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Not sure if this fits.

I OD'd on benzoes and a few opioid Rx painkillers and half a bottle of white wine (lacking real booze). Clearly not enough.

I was sleepy / blacked out for hours. No pain. Hungry and threw up half a sandwich I tried to eat. Not awful though. Just a bit disgusting.

About a day later (still mostly unconscious but with moments of coming to) a friend called. Then Emergency transport. Remember bits and pieces in between blacking out.

Overall 4 days in hospital 2 in ER, 2 on a ward in a hallway room (10 people together just separated by curtains).

The worst part was listening to another patient screaming when they tried to put a catheter in.

Psych consult was brief. They didn't take me though. Hopeless case I guess. 😂
Just replenished fluids and monitored kidney values that had spiked and weren't coming down.

Oh and because of the hours of blacking out I developed compartment syndrome. That was rather painful and took years to heal (arm/shoulder). My kidney values since then have been borderline terrible even though I don't drink or do drugs (other than Rx).

Your body keeps the score, for sure…

Next time I'll be better prepared. That's all I'm saying

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Abused benzos and opioids for several years with alcohol. My tolerance became so high that I couldn't financially support my prescription medicine use. For anyone wondering how I was getting them, I befriended several pharmacists who acted as pseudo-drug-dealers for me. Laws and regulations were really lax back then.

I blacked out multiple times a week at a time. Sometimes entire weeks would be a blur. Honestly, I recall almost nothing from those years now that I think about it.

I've never experienced full-on OD on H or F which could kill me, but the lasting effect of my substance abuse over the years has essentially been a complete shift in my brain chemistry. Similar to a dopamine burnout, I have less energy, no appetite, memory impairment and overall cognitive decline. But worst of all, I have this constant compulsion to try to turn my brain off any way possible. I mostly rely on alcohol to do that nowadays but any time I'm sober, all I want to do is CTB.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Abused benzos and opioids for several years with alcohol. My tolerance became so high that I couldn't financially support my prescription medicine use. For anyone wondering how I was getting them, I befriended several pharmacists who acted as pseudo-drug-dealers for me. Laws and regulations were really lax back then.

I blacked out multiple times a week at a time. Sometimes entire weeks would be a blur. Honestly, I recall almost nothing from those years now that I think about it.

I've never experienced full-on OD on H or F which could kill me, but the lasting effect of my substance abuse over the years has essentially been a complete shift in my brain chemistry. Similar to a dopamine burnout, I have less energy, no appetite, memory impairment and overall cognitive decline. But worst of all, I have this constant compulsion to try to turn my brain off any way possible. I mostly rely on alcohol to do that nowadays but any time I'm sober, all I want to do is CTB.
Same. Except I attempted with friends in 2015 and was pronounced deadly basically, my roommate came back to get his keys and he heard the gag game and fucking narcan kill the deal. I railed two lines probably enough to euthanize my entire city and then ingested the rest in capsules. It took all of EMS's narcan supply until it was completely exhausted and they had to call another ambulance in the triage.

But the experience was blissful, like a cosmic orgasm that was so overwhelming it exploded and I fell unconscious. Imagine having an orgasm so intense to bear that it knocks you out, that's exactly how a fent OD death feels. This will be my method, problem is procurement on the darknet and funds. Eventually I'll get there.

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered and divinemistress36