W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
So today i saw my therapist (yeah i see one- no i don't mention my desire to ctb, i don't want to be locked up)

Last visit my therapist wanted me to ask my Dr to run bloodwork- to check B12 and iron levels. STAT. She assumed that my Dr would put me on B12 shots immediately as she suspected i was low in B12 and iron.

I did as she asked. Next day in fact.
Three weeks later i see her again. She has bloodwork results that my Dr's office faxed to her. My B12 is deficient. My iron is ok... and apparently i have kidney disease... needs confirmation by urine sample but yeah. Kidney disease. Stage 2, so still mild... but there...

Anyhow... why did my Dr not call me about this??? The results were in november 11!! Today is what, november 24?? Like wtf ... why no b12 shots and no notification of kidney issues or request for a urine sample?

ARGH

But then i'm like, why do i care about any of this when i have ctb plans for the new year? Why am i contradicting myself by looking after this shell at all?

I do not understand me. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, Brink and GoodPersonEffed
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Well, for one, either you or your insurance (or both) are paying that doctor a lot of money. Maybe he should do his job. Planning to ctb or not, why should you be in bad health when a simple test and remedy are available?

Regarding the b12 shots. A lot of people take them without any deficiency. I don't personally, but I heard they make you feel pretty good. I think you can get liquid b12 without a prescription.

Last edited:
Reactions: W’ren
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
It's a good point. I need to stand up for myself a bit more-
I do have a call put in to the dr's office- i left a message for my dr asking has he seen the results, can i get b12shots please and (wtf) kidney?(???!!)
I also asked to speak with the nurse. Because wtf. Really. The nurse should call me back tomorrow.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The doctor will probably want to administer the shots himself or at the office to make money. That's a waste of your time. Make sure to insist he gives you a script and do the shots yourself at home.

Reactions: W’ren
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
:O I didn't know i could do my own b12 injections!! It never occurred to me. I feel kinda stupid.
I will ask about it and take my serum home!! Thank you so much!!