• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

xhale

xhale

x gon give it to ya (he/they)
Jul 7, 2023
hey guys

been thinking of ctb by the end of the year
my method would be drowning as idk how to swim and my country's entire first half is at sea so plenty of opportunity

and im trying to do it in the "cleanest" way possible
aka
  • im not trying to have my body found
  • im not willing to disfigure my body
  • im not trying to OD on anything as the idea of that terrifies me

i dont want my parents to know that i ctb, id rather have them think i went missing
im willing to leave a note to my friends in some way just letting them know ill be happier like this

ive been reading some threads regarding drowning but all of them happen to be by people who know how to swim

im not necessarily the fittest person out there, i barely have any stamina and i sure as all hell have no agility

i think finding a cliff on top of deep water and submerging myself would do the trick

i also have a shitload of seroquel, ill take triple what i usually take to make me eepy
with some moonshine to wash it down (all before submerging myself)

ive almost drowned before when i was a kid, despite my SI kicking in, i still couldnt flap my way back to the surface/edge of the pool… i remember being scared for my life, but i was also very pre occupied by my rage towards my mom who didnt do jack shit to save me

ive tried tons of times to learn how to swim but no matter what i just couldn't get myself back to the surface

ps i dont think i can ctb thru shallow water blackout

in terms of reasons for ctb, im willing to discuss it in the comments as well

are the odds on my side?

tl;dr

ctb by drowning, and idk how to swim, trying to see if yall can give some insight if itll work or not

• Hugs
Reactions: pagedelight, love_peep, carmechanicer_keke and 3 others
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
So I think it should work but id still tie a bag full of rocks 2 u or smth like that bc human is buoyant. But dont act on impulse please think a lot about ur decision and make sure u actually want to ctb. Also I think while drowning is reliable, it is a terrible terrible way to go and very painful… Are u sure u cant find a more peaceful method? And if we are talking about not being found I have no clue but maybe they can detect and get body if underwater idk maybe sonar or smth like that i would urge u to look into that a bit I have no clue…
I hope everything works out ur way, love <3

EDIT: If u want to increase ur chance of not being found, use smth that will ensure that u will sink to the bottom and not come back up. Like I said I dont know if they can still find u but a) the longer u stay underwater the harder it is too identify u b) u dont wanna be found by some random guy walking down the beach and c) if u float they will probably find u and you may even get pushed to a beach and become a stranded whale.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, xhale and Praestat_Mori
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Drowning is a lot harder than it really comes off as. This method is likely to bring massive amounts of SI and you may end up just suffering more because of it.

I'd urge you to find more reliable methods OP and be sure to do research. The last thing you want is a failed CTB. I wish you well.

Reactions: TimetoGo! and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
As long as you can't swim you will drown in any case as long as there is nobody there to rescue you.

Do you really want to experience the pain of breathing water and suffocation? This doesn't sound appealing to me. But anyway it's your choice and your decision. I still suggest to look into other more peaceful methods.

I hope you can find peace!

Reactions: carmechanicer_keke, saddestbunny, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
Ok just to clarify: I agree with @astrals : SI with drowning method should be really strong. But I believe as soon as u jump in, death should be pretty inevitable, especially with some weight. And if SI keeps u from jumping, thats bad but many times better then if u started ur attempt and failed, bc if u dont even jump physical damage wont happen.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: carmechanicer_keke, xhale, fortified-hollows and 2 others
liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
It does sound really painful and a bit prolonged. Sounds like a chance someone will see you too if you have to do it in public. What makes you think SWB won't work? For what it's worth, I did have a friend last December CTB by drowning himself. I didn't get to hear the full story..

Reactions: Sweet Tart and xhale
xhale

xhale

Jul 7, 2023
So I think it should work but id still tie a bag full of rocks 2 u or smth like that bc human is buoyant. But dont act on impulse please think a lot about ur decision and make sure u actually want to ctb. Also I think while drowning is reliable, it is a terrible terrible way to go and very painful… Are u sure u cant find a more peaceful method? And if we are talking about not being found I have no clue but maybe they can detect and get body if underwater idk maybe sonar or smth like that i would urge u to look into that a bit I have no clue…
I hope everything works out ur way, love <3

EDIT: If u want to increase ur chance of not being found, use smth that will ensure that u will sink to the bottom and not come back up. Like I said I dont know if they can still find u but a) the longer u stay underwater the harder it is too identify u b) u dont wanna be found by some random guy walking down the beach and c) if u float they will probably find u and you may even get pushed to a beach and become a stranded whale.
hi there!

most probably will be adding weights to my pockets and sewing them shut

ill also be ctb post midnight to take advantage of the darkness so no one will be able to see me

hopefully i dont end up getting beached

i was hoping i dont have to add weights but its seems human bodies are more buoyant in salty bodies of water

and regarding ctb, ive been trying to convince myself for the past 7 years that it's not a good idea… all the coping mechanisms have failed me.

im neurodivergent as all hell. my social skills plummeted recently and i suddenly started feeling socially invisible again for the first time in 10 years.

my adhd practically is an enormous roadblock infront of any effort towards productivity. i cant keep jobs for more than a few months where i either get fired or i get in a situation where im forced to quit, so its incredibly hard for me to self sustain myself (my parents are completely out of the picture financially and i live on my own)

and regarding the pain of ctb, other than getting shot, i think all means will carry any rate of pain. ive almost drowned before when i was younger and i remember it being terrifying at first but weirdly calm and serene as it progresses

lets just say im glad drowning doesnt cost jack 💀
It does sound really painful and a bit prolonged. Sounds like a chance someone will see you too if you have to do it in public. What makes you think SWB won't work? For what it's worth, I did have a friend last December CTB by drowning himself. I didn't get to hear the full story..
i absolutely love your avatar and display name

regarding swb, doesn't it involve just holding your breath underwater until you cut the oxygen from your brain entirely? i dont think i have the stamina for that and id rather just bite the bullet and inhale the water as soon as im deep enough

plus im taking alot of seroquel before plunging so either way whatever happens will happen

most probably will be doing it post midnight too so no onlookers hopefully

my condolences regarding your friend <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: liljeep, carmechanicer_keke, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
hopefully i dont end up getting beached
If u use weigts i guess u shouldnt but if u add them to ur pockets idk how long it takes 4 the water 2 destroy the pockets...

Reactions: xhale
skittles!

skittles!

peace & love
Jul 9, 2023
If you are looking for a peaceful end, I would try other methods. I almost drowned in a lake as a kid and from that experience, drowning seems like you would have horrible SI and your body would be begging for air up until everything starts shutting down.

Reactions: saddestbunny
xhale

xhale

Jul 7, 2023
Drowning is a lot harder than it really comes off as. This method is likely to bring massive amounts of SI and you may end up just suffering more because of it.

I'd urge you to find more reliable methods OP and be sure to do research. The last thing you want is a failed CTB. I wish you well.
If you are looking for a peaceful end, I would try other methods. I almost drowned in a lake as a kid and from that experience, drowning seems like you would have horrible SI and your body would be begging for air up until everything starts shutting down.
heyyoo

pain isnt necessarily a deal breaker when it comes to ctb for me… ive given it alot of thought and i think it all comes down to what each person prioritizes… do you care what your body will look like post mortem?
do you prefer to be found?
are you willing to mutilate your body?
do you want to be found before you ctb?
i believe if all means of ctb cause suffering then atleast i can make it happen in a way that matches my preferences… firearms are illegal in my country
narcotics are scarce and incredibly expensive when found
i havent self harmed since i was 13 and ever since ive been scared of sharp objects
i dont want to be bed bound or disabled if i somehow survive

drowning seems perfect, its fast, and if done correctly might prove reliable, especially with how i cant swim for shit :D

liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
i absolutely love your avatar and display name

regarding swb, doesn't it involve just holding your breath underwater until you cut the oxygen from your brain entirely? i dont think i have the stamina for that and id rather just bite the bullet and inhale the water as soon as im deep enough

plus im taking alot of seroquel before plunging so either way whatever happens will happen

most probably will be doing it post midnight too so no onlookers hopefully

my condolences regarding your friend <3
Saw this late, but thank you so much!

No, it's hyperventilating until you are very dizzy while in the bath, then dropping your face under water level. You shouldn't feel the need to breathe or any sense you are drowning, because the oxygen'll be cut off way too fast for that. The hyperventilation can take practice, but it is fast after that. No suffering involved.

It feels like SI will still be a problem even if you're sedated, but I wish you the best going through with your plans or any different ones. I'm glad you're doing it at a time where you likely won't be rescued against your will.

Also thank you, I do miss him and wish he'd told me or anybody he was struggling like that... but I hope he found his peace.

• Hugs
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022

I agree that drowning is alot harder than we think…….I've attempted a few times, but being tied or weighed down under water and there is absolutely no way you survive, so it can be reliable