• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hip and cool

hip and cool

Apr 14, 2019
I heard (or rather read) that after the initial pain(?) of breathing in water, drowning gives a feeling of euphoria. If anybody out there knows about this or has experience please let me know if this is true and if the conditions of the weather, water and the way you breathe matters. Thank you in advance.

<3

Reactions: MeaningDork, New_dawn_fades, Faraway1990 and 1 other person
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Personally I don't think drowning is as bad as some people think it is. I think it's much much better than shooting or jumping will ever be. See normally when someone puts a bag over their head carbon dioxide builds up in the body because the bag blocks it from releasing. Carbon dioxide is what gives the feeling of panic and suffocation, not the lack of oxygen. Think about it, would the carbon dioxide release underwater? Probably yes, which means that you shouldn't get the fear of suffocation if that carbon dioxide is released into the surrounding water. Also i think it would be much easier to let go if one were to wear themselves out first. Meaning go running as much as humanly possible then jump into the deep end and it should be much easier for one to let go and surrender.

Personally I love water, in fact I loved it so much going swimming that I almost drowned twice. LOL OK I said it in a funny way but I did almost drown.

There are many deep pools open now that summer is here, all that is preventing someone from drowning is a fence. Most painful part is probably the psychological part of it, not so much the pain itself if there is pain. I've even heard that drowning can be euphoric too.

"In the first place, it is to be remarked that persons who have come so near drowning as to be unconscious when taken from the water, and so must have passed through all the suffering that attends death by drowning, say that they remember no feeling of pain whatever. "

Last edited:
Reactions: New_dawn_fades, Lets get out, Faraway1990 and 2 others
hip and cool

hip and cool

Apr 14, 2019
Personally I don't think drowning is as bad as some people think it is. I think it's much much better than shooting or jumping will ever be. See normally when someone puts a bag over their head carbon dioxide builds up in the body because the bag blocks it from releasing. Carbon dioxide is what gives the feeling of panic and suffocation, not the lack of oxygen. Think about it, would the carbon dioxide release underwater? Probably yes, which means that you shouldn't get the fear of suffocation if that carbon dioxide is released into the surrounding water. Also i think it would be much easier to let go if one were to wear themselves out first. Meaning go running as much as humanly possible then jump into the deep end and it should be much easier for one to let go and surrender.

Personally I love water, in fact I loved it so much going swimming that I almost drowned twice. LOL OK I said it in a funny way but I did almost drown.

There are many deep pools open now that summer is here, all that is preventing someone from drowning is a fence. Most painful part is probably the psychological part of it, not so much the pain itself if there is pain. I've even heard that drowning can be euphoric too.

"In the first place, it is to be remarked that persons who have come so near drowning as to be unconscious when taken from the water, and so must have passed through all the suffering that attends death by drowning, say that they remember no feeling of pain whatever. "

I wonder if it'd be easier to not hold your breath beforehand and just breathe in water as soon as you go under. Does it burn to breathe liquid?

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I wonder if it'd be easier to not hold your breath beforehand and just breathe in water as soon as you go under. Does it burn to breathe liquid?
IDK I would imagine if it had a lot of dirt or chlorine it might. If you can open your eyes without it burning then it probably won't burn your lungs. I am just theorizing here I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
thishappened

thishappened

Apr 3, 2019
I was considering drowning too untill I started to experiment with breathing in water, that was already really painful lol

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I have experience worth sharing, when I was 14 back when I loved swimming I went swimming with some classmates, a couple decided it be funny to try and drown me (they were legitimate psychopaths) anyway I remember it very clearly, after I was deep in the water I remember the panic unable to breath but after a reasonable short time I calmed down and believed I was done for it was quite relaxing actually, I've decided on the night night method as I don't live near any huge body's of water but it would be my plan b.

Reactions: hip and cool and thishappened
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Now that I think about it, drowning seems like it would be an option, maybe one of the more easier methods. Go into a very deep part of the water, and let go. I'm not very good at swimming, so this would be an option for me.

Reactions: tlcmi and Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Now that I think about it, drowning seems like it would be an option, maybe one of the more easier methods. Go into a very deep part of the water, and let go. I'm not very good at swimming, so this would be an option for me.
Si can be very strong you'd need to make sure you were completely covered and be prepared for your body to frash around etc involuntary but after the initial si panic it be quite relaxing. Whatever you decide I wish you well my friend ❤️

Reactions: Lefty
3dworldsucks

3dworldsucks

Jun 1, 2019
shooting or heroin overdose is much better.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019

Waterboarding is akin to drowning, isn't it ? And it's considered to be torture.

Reactions: Mstrflshr
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Waterboarding is akin to drowning, isn't it ? And it's considered to be torture.
Using one's own si against them. If you want to drown and are in the water fully immersed in the water as long as you get through that bout of si it can be quite peaceful.

Reactions: Lets get out
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Here's a link to my post on another recent drowning thread. In it, I've provided links to all the other drowning threads I'm currently watching. In some, there's feedback from others that have gone through the experience. There's also a link to the Wikibooks article on drowning.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning.16925/post-319904

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Waterboarding isn't drowning. And it's done in a completely different context than suicide. Let's compare apples to apples. But yes waterboarding is suppose to simulate the panic of drowning.

Last edited:
Reactions: nadia225 and Faraway1990