NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
I've considered jumping and CO in the past but always preferred drowning for the sake of my family and avoid trauma to others. Problem with drowning is the suffering involved. But there may be a way to avoid it by OD ambien known also as zolpidem. It is not classified as a benzo and considered not safe to OD. Over D of ambien side effects are not pleasant but do include Coma and if that happens while I'm in sea I'm most likely going to drown with out knowing it.
So the method I'm considering is take a short drive to the beach at night, park my car, walk to the waterfront, swallow quite an amount of ambien pills with a bottle of water, get in to the sea that is quite warm and not wavy near my home, go only as deep as I can safely stand with my head and hands out of the water and wait for side effects to start making me pass out. Hopefully I'll fall in to a comma and drown peacefully.
Has any one thought about it or maybe know of any similar attempt made?

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, SteamaHorns, astr4 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i would take a ding and paddle out to sea and have some method of making sure the ding sink over a set period of time after i've taken the pills and passed out

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I've considered jumping and CO in the past but always preferred drowning for the sake of my family and avoid trauma to others. Problem with drowning is the suffering involved. But there may be a way to avoid it by OD ambien known also as zolpidem. It is not classified as a benzo and considered not safe to OD. Over D of ambien side effects are not pleasant but do include Coma and if that happens while I'm in sea I'm most likely going to drown with out knowing it.
So the method I'm considering is take a short drive to the beach at night, park my car, walk to the waterfront, swallow quite an amount of ambien pills with a bottle of water, get in to the sea that is quite warm and not wavy near my home, go only as deep as I can safely stand with my head and hands out of the water and wait for side effects to start making me pass out. Hopefully I'll fall in to a comma and drown peacefully.
Has any one thought about it or maybe know of any similar attempt made?

I've thought kind of what your saying.

Not that I want you to do this of course. <--

I thought about taking a bunch of xanax and alcohol and jumping or falling off a cruise ship.

I've always to go on a cruise, so it would be ideal for me.

Interestingly, in my recent grief I read that watching NDE experience videos helps people a ton with grief. (spoiler alert: it doesn't), regardless there was an interview I saw from a Doctor who had an NDE who somehow got underwater and was drowning and he said, "From all that I read and heard, drowning is a peaceful way to go". I was SHOCKED hearing this.

I've always been afraid of drowning.

Don't know much about Ambien though, other than what it is.

Are you worried about people possibly being on the beach?

NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
I've thought kind of what your saying.

Not that I want you to do this of course. <--

I thought about taking a bunch of xanax and alcohol and jumping or falling off a cruise ship.

I've always to go on a cruise, so it would be ideal for me.

Interestingly, in my recent grief I read that watching NDE experience videos helps people a ton with grief. (spoiler alert: it doesn't), regardless there was an interview I saw from a Doctor who had an NDE who somehow got underwater and was drowning and he said, "From all that I read and heard, drowning is a peaceful way to go". I was SHOCKED hearing this.

I've always been afraid of drowning.

Don't know much about Ambien though, other than what it is.

Are you worried about people possibly being on the beach?
I don't have the time for a cruise, I need it to be no more then a week or two from now., or things will get much much worse.
I'm not grieving any more I'm just in bad physical and mental condition.
I'm thinking of finding a strip of the beach that is totally private and its not a problem at night when the beach is almost empty. I'll just walk away from the city toward the next city. the beach is sandy and it should be an easy walk.

SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
The first method that I considered was pretty much what you said. Thought I could get my hands on roofies and would use it before sitting on the edge of a bridge that extended over the ocean. Only concern was the possibility of me waking back up from my body experiencing drowning despite being under the effects of the drug.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The idea is good but I would say even if you reach a coma you don't reach it immediately. There are stages before a coma is reached and you would be unconscious but maybe not unconscious enough to not feel suffocation/drowning at all.

NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
The idea is good but I would say even if you reach a coma you don't reach it immediately. There are stages before a coma is reached and you would be unconscious but maybe not unconscious enough to not feel suffocation/drowning at all.
It still might be ok since I plan to be standing on the sea sand until I'm un conscious in the shallow water. any way I hope it will still disable my SI enough to prevent me from consciously aborting. Failure on CTB is my worst fear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
There are stages before a coma is reached and you would be unconscious but maybe not unconscious enough to not feel suffocation/drowning at all.
I think, the problem with a loss of consciousness before reaching coma is rather that it's reversible under the influence of strong stimuli.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori