• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
After coming across this thread, I've considered taking action and finding a suitable body of water to drown. Weights could help me stay underwater, but since I have little to no knowledge on how to swim properly (it has been years since I've gone swimming anywhere), I think I could be able to get myself to stay underwater on my own despite my own weight; I'm only 45 kg (I'm very light, I know).

Everything written below, under this sentence, is just speculation and may not be scientifically correct in any way.

I've read that it only takes roughly 30 seconds of struggle/pain before you pass out due to the lack of oxygen (because I've read that your body forces you to take a breath involuntarily after holding your breath for a while), I don't consider drowning to be as terrifying as it sounds. All I need to do is:
1. Hop into the water
2. Take a deep breath
3. Lower myself underwater (or naturally so since I can't swim lol)
4. Hold my breath for as long as possible
5. My body will involuntarily force me to breath
(this is where SI kicks in and weights will certainly help you stay underwater)
6. Loss of oxygen will make me unconscious, thus the drowning process begins and I'll eventually be dead (if not rescued)

The real issue is finding a place to drown. I don't know exactly how long it takes for a person to die after inhaling the water, but I can only assume that it takes less than 10 minutes (most of which the person will not experience due to already being unconscious). Drowning in the ocean allows more privacy due to the lack of people around, and you'll most likely not be saved if there aren't any lifeguards around. The same applies to lakes or other natural bodies of water.

As you're read the title of this thread, you should correctly guess that the most accessible place for me are swimming pools, because I don't live near the sea or anywhere near natural lakes. Finding a swimming pool to jump into is easy, on the other hand, finding one that allows privacy and doesn't have any surveillance cameras or pool guards around is nearly impossible. I'm currently in the US if that matters.

So, what should I do now? If you guys know any resources that could help me achieve my method or if you just want to give general advice on drowning, I'll gladly read them. If you happen to know any swimming pool places that allows privacy and without surveillance, I'll be happy to know them as well.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twntysix, lifeisadream and Sick of it all
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think it will be that easy. My best guess is SI will force you to surface and breathe air. I could be wrong.

DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
I don't think it will be that easy. My best guess is SI will force you to surface and breathe air. I could be wrong.
Which is why I did mention using weights and anything heavy that could drag me down. I do hope my lack of swimming abilities would become an advantage because bringing weights to the swimming pool feels awfully unnecessary.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think I could be able to get myself to stay underwater on my own
My comments were based off this statement you made. I still believe SI would be a factor.

If you use weights, no issues. I suppose it would depend, to some degree, how strong you are. If you're fairly strong, lighter weights may be able to be overcome. If you secure a heavy chain with a padlock (you do not carry the key with you) around your ankle and throw yourself overboard a boat or something, it would be lights out.

Reactions: Sick of it all
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I would suggest another method.

Reactions: Illidan77, SebVettel5, Nikki2020 and 3 others
DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
My comments were based off this statement you made. I still believe SI would be a factor.

If you use weights, no issues. I suppose it would depend, to some degree, how strong you are. If you're fairly strong, lighter weights may be able to be overcome. If you secure a heavy chain with a padlock (you do not carry the key with you) around your ankle and throw yourself overboard a boat or something, it would be lights out.
I've never thought of using a heavy chain, that seems pretty neat too! I consider myself a fairly weak person, I'm only 45 kg and I'm pretty damn skinny. The weights seem fine enough I think.
I would suggest another method.
Sure, what is it?

P

planningmyexit

Oct 5, 2022
I would personally rather jump than do this

Wormfood

Wormfood

I like people... I said it
May 23, 2022
Reconsider method please. It sad to even imagine.

Reactions: Illidan77 and lifeisadream
DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
I would personally rather jump than do this
Reconsider method please. It sad to even imagine.
I understand the fear of pain and stress that people associate with drowning, but jumping and other methods such as drugs/poison can cause very much damage the victim if the attempt was unsuccessful. Not only that, drowning has been a traditional method since the ancient days, I'm sure you're aware of the many stories and myths that depicts characters committing suicide by drowning. This pretty much sets the seal on reliability and effectiveness for drowning as a suicide method.

Here's the thread that convinced me of the reliability of this method:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-drowning-painful-and-slow.80077/

Last edited:
  • Informative
noalarms

noalarms

Jun 18, 2022
I understand the fear of pain and stress that people associate with drowning, but jumping and other methods such as drugs/poison can cause very much damage the victim if the attempt was unsuccessful. Not only that, drowning has been a traditional method since the ancient days, I'm sure you're aware of the many stories and myths that depicts characters committing suicide by drowning. This pretty much sets the seal on reliability and effectiveness for drowning as a suicide method.
If you're going to drown yourself, you should attemept a shallow-water blackout.

All that is required is that you hyperventilate for 5-10 minutes before entering the water. Hyperventilation suppresses the urge to breath by lowering the levels of CO2 in the blood, causing you to pass out before you feel the need to take a breath.

After you pass out underwater, you will be dead after 5-7 minutes. It is a much more peaceful method than 'regular' drowning.

• Informative
Reactions: sorrowful, Twntysix, lifeisadream and 2 others
DeadAtNight

DeadAtNight

Time to die
Aug 16, 2022
If you're going to drown yourself, you should attemept a shallow-water blackout.

All that is required is that you hyperventilate for 5-10 minutes before entering the water. Hyperventilation suppresses the urge to breath by lowering the levels of CO2 in the blood, causing you to pass out before you feel the need to take a breath.

After you pass out underwater, you will be dead after 5-7 minutes. It is a much more peaceful method than 'regular' drowning.
Oh this is wonderful! Thank you so much for the suggestion, I will take the shallow-water blackout method into consideration.

That being said, I still have to find a swimming pool to drown myself in. It's close to impossible to find one that allows privacy and without surveillance cameras nowadays.

• Hugs
Reactions: lifeisadream and Sick of it all
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Sure, what is it?
I think any method is better than this. Jumping from a suitable height (10-20 store) is an effective ctb, SN taken properly effective, shot is about 90% effective. Anyway it's up to you and i wish you the best in whatever you decide.

S

Sad_Sack

Experienced
Oct 3, 2022
Which is why I did mention using weights and anything heavy that could drag me down. I do hope my lack of swimming abilities would become an advantage because bringing weights to the swimming pool feels awfully unnecessary.
Even with the weights you would undergo the mostly frantic, panicky thrashing you could imagine. It will be automatic. It would be like trying to end it with just a bag over your head and no gas.

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
If you need CTB information using water-pool-drowning, the "lights out" method is the way to go.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I would love this method. It is poetic, beautiful, calming in some horrific way. Of course one will suffer because of SI, but the ocean is a place for going away in freedom, embracing bravely at is most precious way. I don't live near beaches. I don't know if they too cold here in the USA. But I know certainly in the Caribbean seas there is some good ones that it would just be peaceful to walk until there is nothing left of me.

Reactions: TimetoGo! and Grayfield
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I would love this method. It is poetic, beautiful, calming in some horrific way. Of course one will suffer because of SI, but the ocean is a place for going away in freedom, embracing bravely at is most precious way. I don't live near beaches. I don't know if they too cold here in the USA. But I know certainly in the Caribbean seas there is some good ones that it would just be peaceful to walk until there is nothing left of me.
I am in 100% agreement with you, and is my method as well. I have been holding back for months simply because of the people it will hurt but it will be my method.

I dont like the sea option because Id hate to inhale salt water. I have many natural water lakes near by, about 30 to 40 metres deep, here in the UK.

I am just researching again what will knock me out sufficiently to overcome the SI.

I cant believe Im still here, I have wanted to go for months now. Hopefully soon.