B

bluebird16

Student
Feb 27, 2023
I almost jumped from the dock into the sea. What do you think about this method? Every other one is inaccessible to me.
I don't mind a little bit of pain if it does the job. How many minutes/hours have to pass before the death from drowning is guaranteed?

Last edited:
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
toyed with the idea a couple of years ago, but the details were a bit different.
Where I am, coastal areas arent that deep, so even If i sank to the bottom, it wouldn't be that difficult to rescue me, specially since coastal towns always have fishermen around the area who might see me jump.
Another thing I'd have to factor in was tides. High/low tides usually last only 4 or 5 hours depending on the area, so the depth would really be a problem specially since I personally didnt want to be found.
another factor would be currents. It's quite possible that I might not be able to calculate the weight I needed to stay at the bottom correctly and end up just being washed to shore because of how strong the current can be.
even if i'd choose a cliffside location, i'd need to go down the side of the cliff to find out how deep it goes first.
haven't even gotten to the SI part yet. I'd need to be completely out of it so I dont struggle and accidently swim back to shore with the weight on.

Reactions: bluebird16
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I've always lived next to the ocean and in my younger days was a keen surfer/ bodyboarder, I've always thought of just putting on a big thick woollen jumper,..they get insanely heavy when wet...stashing a bottle of jack Daniels on my board and padding towards the horizon until I'm totally exhausted and cold then drinking the said J.D and just either rolling off the board and sinking or dying of hypothermia, no mess no fuss and ending up as crab food.

Reactions: bluebird16, TimetoGo! and Tears in Rain