• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

jade

jade

crybaby
Nov 14, 2018
hi everyone, i'm back! none of you probably remember me but i used to post quite a bit some time ago before i was hospitalized (again) after i tried to ctb by hanging. so i wanted to come back here to you all. <3

I have a pool, the water's not that deep, it reaches my bellybutton, but it has a pretty secure set of stairs (sorry, english is not my 1st language).
so i was thinking of tieing my feet to the deepest rod with a strong knot, put 8kg of weights on my stomach, and then tieing my hands behind my back. so basically i'll be lying down on my back. I'm just afraid i'll somehow float back to the surface lol.

i'll also be taking 310mg of xanax and 1200mg of ambien, washed down with a bottle of my favorite vodka. i'll take some antiemetics beforehand of course.

my pool is warm and no one will find me for at least a whole day.

what are your thoughts?

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
In case you don't drown or change your mind at the last moment, waking up from a benzo overdose that big is going to give you a really bad time. Drowning in shallow water has a very low rate of success although there have been accidents (see Dolores o'Riordan, she wasn't even trying).

There are better methods. With hanging you could go with full suspension or since you have antiemetics you can try one of the poisoning methods. Or keep living, y'know?

Someone else on here tried to drown after an overdose of sleeping meds, and they were swimming in the ocean, no less. They swam back to shore after realizing they couldn't do it.

Reactions: Aardwolf and AtomicNewt
jade

jade

crybaby
Nov 14, 2018
In case you don't drown or change your mind at the last moment, waking up from a benzo overdose that big is going to give you a really bad time. Drowning in shallow water has a very low rate of success although there have been accidents (see Dolores o'Riordan, she wasn't even trying).

There are better methods. With hanging you could go with full suspension or since you have antiemetics you can try one of the poisoning methods. Or keep living, y'know?

Someone else on here tried to drown after an overdose of sleeping meds, and they were swimming in the ocean, no less. They swam back to shore after realizing they couldn't do it.
i know, i've woken up from several big benzo overdoses before after a stomach pump and days of memory loss. but from what i've read, once you start breathing in water and you fight the initial panic, you start feeling calm. maybe i'll add some more weights on my body, but i don't see why i shouldn't be able to drown?

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Survival instinct may be too strong, you're probably going to shake like crazy trying to get up.... and it may happen.

Reactions: Soul
Pacco

Pacco

Jul 4, 2019

Hmmm ... but why this method won´t be succesfull? I had suicide attempt with sleeping meds but I wanted to do that in my bed although we have a pool in the garden. I felt asleep in under one minute but was found just in time. :(

My thoughts: If i fell asleep in the pool and take some weight on me i should drown after I fell asleep. Or does the body recognize this and you can´t fell asleep under water?

Reactions: Soul and jade
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Or does the body recognize this and you can´t fell asleep under water

Survival instinct is in the "reptilian" part of our brain, it is very difficult to overcome.

It is likely that your body is going to feel the drowning and fight it despite a heavy overdose of benzos. With barbiturates that would be a different story altogether, but if you can get barbs (like N) then you don't need to try to drown yourself in the first place.

Reactions: Powderedmonster and Soul
jade

jade

crybaby
Nov 14, 2018
Survival instinct may be too strong, you're probably going to shake like crazy trying to get up.... and it may happen.
i'm also gonna mix it quite a bit of opiates.. surely my weak body from all the meds and the knots on the rods on both my hands and toes will prevent me resurfacing from all the spasms/shaking, right? i think i wouldn't be able to fight the survival instinct no matter what... and i know what a bitch SI is, it has "saved" me from potential death before so idk

• Hugs
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
That sounds interesting in theory, and I get tying up your hands, but how are you going to tie yourself down in the water without use of your hands? Or are you simply planning to weigh yourself down and sink.

Reactions: jade
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
Hi there! Your English is fab, so no worries there.
This sounds a tad hellish and possibly overly complicated, trying to tie yourself down, so much could go wrong would imagine. Not to mention chance of lengthy trauma. Why not just get mashed on booze and drugs and wait to pass out? Imagine probably wouldn't wake up (many cases of this happening with famous people, suspect some "accidents" actually weren't) and if you did and the water is waist height can always just stand up and reappraise later?

This blog says a few things including "Suicide by drowning is uncommon and difficult to prove without corroborative evidence, such as a suicide note" And if you do decide to do this for goodness sake make sure you don't get found for a while, sometimes they revive people after seemingly crazy amounts of time underwater, with the horrible catch that you end up a living vegetable.

Last edited:
Reactions: jade and SinisterKid
jade

jade

crybaby
Nov 14, 2018
That sounds interesting in theory, and I get tying up your hands, but how are you going to tie yourself down in the water without use of your hands? Or are you simply planning to weigh yourself down and sink.
my plan is to take the overdose first, then while i'm still consciously tie my feet first, then put the weights on my body and then do my hands.
Hi there! Your English is fab, so no worries there.
This sounds a tad hellish and possibly over complicated, trying to tie yourself down, so much could go wrong would imagine. Not to mention chance of lengthy trauma. Why not just get mashed on booze and drugs and wait to pass out? Imagine probably wouldn't wake up (many cases this happening famous people, suspect some "accidents actauly werent) and if you did and the waters waist height can stand up and reappraise later?

This blog says a few things including "Suicide by drowning is uncommon and difficult to prove without corroborative evidence, such as a suicide note" And if you do decide to do this for goodness sake make sure you don't get found for a while, sometimes they revive people after seemingly crazy amounts of time underwater, with the horrible catch that you end up a living vegetable.

i've already tried mixing alcohol and pills many times, but i was always found on time and sent to the psych ward. i've decided to take this route because i know i wouldn't be found for at least a whole day, so...in theory it should work..

• Hugs
Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer

Apr 7, 2019
This sounds like a Rube Goldberg machine ... there are a lot of variables that could go wrong.

And for what I´ve read around drowning is NOT peaceful, you are going to try and fight it.

I would recommend another method.

Reactions: jake3d
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@jade, I fear the same things as your other interlocutors here: Your body will fight the drowning, and will dislodge the weights, and if your hands and feet are tied you won't be able to do much but wait there until you're found, and it won't be easy to claim it was accidental.

There kinda has to be a better way. (((Hugs)))

Reactions: FailureGirl, jade and Aardwolf