L

lastch

Oct 2, 2024
Just dropped out of college. Everyday I was in there I was constantly feeling overwhelmed and struggled to get up every morning and cried everyday when I got home. I had been thinking about doing it for a while and made the final decision last night. I couldn't see myself being able to complete the required hours and my ptsd was prevalent and my intrusive thoughts and memories wouldn't stop.

I am currently crippled with anxiety and a feeling that I made the wrong decision. I try to keep reminding myself that I wasn't able for it and my mental health is in too bad of a state to continue on. I have not been the same since an inpatient psych ward stay and I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that the old me is gone. The old me that enjoyed college and had a laugh and joke with friends or went to the pub after. The feelings of regret for dropping out of college that I have are actually feelings of grief of what could have been.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, Praestat_Mori, AtheistCDsissy and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Not everyone is made for college/university. What's a degree worth if you're a mental wreck after you graduated? Failing college at a young age isn't a death sentence. You made the right decision for you.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have to suffer so much, to me it really is so cruel how there's all this suffering. But anyway I wish you the best.

ebg

ebg

Sep 30, 2024
I feel the same way about university; I feel like the old me used to enjoy it but that old me is gone. If you are regretting your decision, I'm sure you could ask to re-enroll but just take a semester or a year off. Do you enjoy working? Maybe you could try getting a job related to your field of study and see if it's something you envision yourself doing in the future. Or maybe you could find a support group in the meantime or something to give you a sense of community.

L

lastch

Oct 2, 2024
I feel the same way about university; I feel like the old me used to enjoy it but that old me is gone. If you are regretting your decision, I'm sure you could ask to re-enroll but just take a semester or a year off. Do you enjoy working? Maybe you could try getting a job related to your field of study and see if it's something you envision yourself doing in the future. Or maybe you could find a support group in the meantime or something to give you a sense of community.
Unfortunately at the minute my anxiety is so bad I rarely leave the house. I have the option to go back next year but one of the main reasons I was in college was the social aspect of it and now I've lost that. I lost all of my friends just due a recent breakdown and that was the last of them I had left