CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I remember the days I thought nothing about going for a drive, whether it was necessary or not no big deal. For years just the thought of doing it makes me sick. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, card1nal, wCvML2 and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What led to the driving anxiety? (If you want to share)

Reactions: Heidi48
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I hate driving too.
In practice, I only drive when I really have to, for example to the supermarket.

Honestly, I'd rather ride something smaller, like a motorcycle.
I just feel more confident.
In such vehicles I feel the space around me.
In the car, not necessarily.

Reactions: Sylveon
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
I too have driving anxiety, Actually i haven't driven in months, I usually move by bike or bus. Tomorrow i want to force me to do it so i don't forget how it's done.

• Hugs
Reactions: card1nal and Lefty
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I'm not a big fan of driving either. Its annoying. I'd rather ride a motorcycle or a bicycle.

Reactions: Sylveon
K

kpopgoon

Jul 2, 2024
driving always gave me anxiety but i used to enjoy joyriding before i started to seriously worrying about getting into serious accidents

• Hugs
Reactions: Lefty
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
It sucks to be dependent on public transport though. I never had the courage to go to a single driving lesson after I passed the theory test and now that's also expired.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lefty and Sylveon
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
Driving terrifies me because I am so bad at judging distances and sometimes have dissociative episodes when I wouldn't trust myself to drive. Never even got my license! It sucks because it makes me feel so helpless, but I feel like I'm paralyzed when I get behind the wheel. I'd rather walk or bike everywhere than accidentally kill a family by being a bad driver.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLove56, QueerMelancholy and Sylveon
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I'm pretty opposite to most people here but public transport and being out and about made me want to drive. Getting robbed 4 times a knife point in London will do that to do. First time was in year 7 on the top floor of a double decker bus.

The only public transport I'll allow is an airplane. That's about it.

At least in the car it's safe and you don't have to fear that you'll get robbed or stabbed for no reason.

Reactions: Lefty